Successful Visa Renewal at Ottawa

Rashee

Hi Rashee,

I have my appointment on September 27th at Vancouver. Can you please tell me do we need PIMS verification for Canda and my H1b visa was expired last year, but my new I 797 is valid till 2014, so I am eligible to get Canadian visiting visa.

Can you please reply back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Buddy,

Can you please let me know the process for H1B slots in CANADA.

Last Dec, 2010 my H1B(only 1 year) approved in chennai and this year I am planning for extension in CANADA, because I need to travel to Europe for client requirement and for Europe VISA we need 6 months valid US VISA to return.

Can you please provide me details, so that i can book slot in OCT, 2011.

Do I need Canada visa before booking slot or what exactly i need to do ?

My Case MS in US and currently EVC.

I have all doc's like:

1.Vendor PO & Vendor master agreement.

2.Client letter

Rashee: I have been waiting for you to post:)

Congratulations on the visa.

Questions:

1. You were approved in Aug, I guess- Anything with PIMS? Did you do anything special to get PIMS verification done earlier so that you could avoid it?

2. Are you EVC?

3. What questions were you asked?

4. Tips/ questions/ concerns?

Best,

Rashi

For all the people here, since the starter have not responded.. I will post my recent experience on 19th Sept at Ottawa..

My background

F1-H1B-> H1B Ext

I am a Full time employee for a Retail company..

Questions asked

Tell me about your WORK

About your company..

Why did you move to this company(I was with a desi consulting Firm 9 months back)

Show me your pay stubs..

Your visa is approved.. and the next morning, I picked it up from DHL..

I think if your case is genuine I mean with the correct pay stubs, good employer..Exact W2's cprresponding..or W2', you should have fairer chances of getting the visa. (I am not sure about the EVC model...)

All the best guys.

Sorry guys..here it is

EVC Model

Carried all required documents you can think of .

In addition , I had

- Employer to Vendor contract

- Vendor to Client agreements

- Client Letter

Qs asked.

- I797 and LCA's (I had LCA ammendments).

- What do you do and how long u been with ur employer

- Do you often change clients and how long you are with this client .

- How long do you have project with this client ?

- Show me ur Tax returns .

@ ramauto

you will get Canadian visitors visa on the basis of your new I797 ; (ur visa expiration will not matter)

I did not do anything for PIMS verification ; talk to your company attorney and find out if a copy was being sent to KCC . If your consulting company is old...like for atleast 10 years and in good record , PIMS will not be a problem. You cannot yorself do anything about it other than ask your employer/company attorney etc and get information .

@ EKN Raju

If you are planning for visa stamping in Canada get the appointment in a Canadian Consulate first . You will have to check what appointments dates are avaialable . October 2011 is pretty near and i doubt you will get any appointment date that early unless someone cancels/postpones their appointment.

To schedule an appnmt.

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

You don't need canadian visa to book an appointment

@ rashiars

Thank you !

My H1 was approved in July end. My attorney told me that since the company is not new and is in very good standing - I will not have any PIMS issue.

I would say give atleast one and half month from the H1 approval date to the appointment date so that the status is updated everywhere.

He(VO) didn't ask me many questions. I believe they do their verifications prior to the appointment and if you have been here also for a long time the risk is less. They will ask more qs and will need more verifications for status change visas(F1- H1, H4-H1 etc).

Mine is EVC model.

Docs and qs asked were Tax returns, I797, LCA's, job description.

Also, take every documentation you can think of. It's good it have it with you rather than a faxing/emailing them later.

Also, have couple passport size pictures as well with you .

Let me know if you need additional info.

Good luck to you and everyone going for visa stamping .

Originally posted by Rashee:

Sorry guys..here it is

EVC Model

Carried all required documents you can think of .

In addition , I had

- Employer to Vendor contract

- Vendor to Client agreements

- Client Letter

Qs asked.

- I797 and LCA's (I had LCA ammendments).

- What do you do and how long u been with ur employer

- Do you often change clients and how long you are with this client .

- How long do you have project with this client ?

- Show me ur Tax returns .

did u surrender lower portion of I-797 at airport before leaving USA?

Interview lasted 2 minutes this morning in Ottawa.

- Hands me my I-797A and says I can keep that.

- How long have you been working at Company X?

Over 6 years

- What is your title?

Gave him title

- Are you an IT consultant?

Told him no and that I live and work in NY at Company X. He said "ok, home based"

- Can I see some recent paystubs?

Handed three most recent ones

In and out in around 30 minutes.

Website isn't updated yet with Applicant Status or DHL Waybill Number... waiting on that, hope to have it by tonight (based on some other posts) so that I can fly back to NY this evening... the beer here is terrible.

I'm a FT employee, this is my 7th year H1B extension based on approved I140, previously was a FT student in the US as well so have been studying or working there for over 10 years now.

Interview lasted 2 minutes this morning in Ottawa.

- Hands me my I-797A and says I can keep that.

- How long have you been working at Company X?

Over 6 years

- What is your title?

Gave him title

- Are you an IT consultant?

Told him no and that I live and work in NY at Company X. He said "ok, home based"

- Can I see some recent paystubs?

Handed three most recent ones

In and out in around 30 minutes.

Website isn't updated yet with Applicant Status or DHL Waybill Number... waiting on that, hope to have it by tonight (based on some other posts) so that I can fly back to NY this evening... the beer here is terrible.

I'm a FT employee, this is my 7th year H1B extension based on approved I140, previously was a FT student in the US as well so have been studying or working there for over 10 years now.

Kartssa Congratulations!

did you get to pick up your passport same day?

Wishful thinking... still stuck here hitting refresh on the usvisa and loomis pages...

try in DHL website, I have heard the there is delay in US site reflecting latest info.

when I did my renewal last Nov in Ottawa, I was able to see the update in DHL website the day after my appt day about 6:30 PM, and picked it up the following day. good luck. keep us posted.

Archived