H1B stamping in chennai

spks

I am in my 6th year H1.

I was working with Employer A for almost 8.5 yrs, came to US on L1B and then got H1b.

Then transfered to EmpB on Feb to go as consultant. From 2013 Feb, working with same client whom the LCA was approved. Never been out of status. Have all w2's and papers. My H1 stamping expired on Sep30 and have I797 with new emp value till july2014. New emp started GC and it is in Perm.

I have to go to india on Nov 1st week. If I go, I have to attend the visa.stamping in Chennai.

Now,

1. My client won't give client letter but an email for supporting my responsibilities from my client director can be obtained.

2. Will US shutdown have impact to USCIS in chennai?

3. My previous employer didn't gave me an experience letter.

4. W2, pay stub, passport, previous employer all confirmation letters, vendor contract letter, H1 petition - is there any other document I needto have?

5. Is there someone who gone chennai has recent insight of my situation?

6. Do I need any other legal documents with me?

7. I need to schedule a interview with consulate for Nov-2nd week. How, what I need to do to set it up?

Any word of wisdom?

I am in my 6th year H1.

I was working with Employer A for almost 8.5 yrs, came to US on L1B and then got H1b.

Then transfered to EmpB on Feb to go as consultant. From 2013 Feb, working with same client whom the LCA was approved. Never been out of status. Have all w2's and papers. My H1 stamping expired on Sep30 and have I797 with new emp value till july2014. New emp started GC and it is in Perm.

I have to go to india on Nov 1st week. If I go, I have to attend the visa.stamping in Chennai.

Now,

1. My client won't give client letter but an email for supporting my responsibilities from my client director can be obtained.

4. W2, pay stub, passport, previous employer all confirmation letters, vendor contract letter, H1 petition - is there any other document I needto have?

7. I need to schedule a interview with consulate for Nov-2nd week. How, what I need to do to set it up?

Any word of wisdom?

1. That should be fine.

2. No

3. No problem as this is absolutely required for GC and not for a visa interview.

4. LCA

6. No

7. Fill DS160 and submit. Pay required fee and using ustraveldocsdotcom website fix appointment for biometrics and visa interview.

Now,

client letter is important,however you need print out saying client doesn't provide client letter

Please check the forum for this.. I doubt it this will have any impact.

if you have paystuff or W-2 of previous employer that's enough .. so if you are sign and attest copy of co-worker saying you work in previous company

you also need to have SOW and PO 

every consulate is same

You already have everything 

Please check the consulate website for info. You need to appear twice I believe.

Archived