221g - Client Letter (H1B)

maxis_hap

With a valid petition for 3 years I went for H1B visa stamping in Chennai consulate. After a few questions about employer and salary/tax forms the consular asked me for a end client letter which I did not have.

He gave me a 221g slip asking for a client letter from the end client where I work at. The client was not ready to provide any letter because of their internal policies. I have moved on to a new project for a different client and my employer is ready for processing my H1B amendment.

Now can I get my petition amended per the new client and go to the consulate with a new appointment or should I first provide a response for the 221g before proceeding with anything?

Thanks in advance

Magesh

With a valid petition for 3 years I went for H1B visa stamping in Chennai consulate. After a few questions about employer and salary/tax forms the consular asked me for a end client letter which I did not have.

He gave me a 221g slip asking for a client letter from the end client where I work at. The client was not ready to provide any letter because of their internal policies. I have moved on to a new project for a different client and my employer is ready for processing my H1B amendment.

Now can I get my petition amended per the new client and go to the consulate with a new appointment or should I first provide a response for the 221g before proceeding with anything?

Thanks in advance

Magesh

I believe you can approach US consulate with an amended approved petition and client letter. I am not 100% sure and so wait for other members opinion.

withdraw the pending petition and file for new H1.

Even if your employer files for amendment it will be the same process.

Thanks for your replies.

By withdrawing the current petition, do you mean I should withdraw my petition from the Chennai consulate or from USCIS?

If I withdraw from the Chennai Consulate; I assume I can go for stamping with the amended petition. If I have to withdraw from USCIS should I get a new H1B petition filed at USCIS to go for stamping again?

Thanks for your replies.

By withdrawing the current petition, do you mean I should withdraw my petition from the Chennai consulate or from USCIS?

If I withdraw from the Chennai Consulate; I assume I can go for stamping with the amended petition. If I have to withdraw from USCIS should I get a new H1B petition filed at USCIS to go for stamping again?

Get you amended petition approved from USCIS, withdraw your current H1B visa application at US consulate and go for another visa interview.

Thanks for your replies.

You won't withdraw the petition, your employer does. So let him do it and stay away from this.

Archived