Going to Matamoros for I94 renewal

satyab.2002

Hi,

I came to US on H1b in May 2012 and got I94 till Nov 2013, this is based on my passport expiry.

My current visa is valid till Jan 2015. 

I Called Deferred Inspection for I94 update, but they said, they will correct only if POE made any mistakes.

After all the research , I found only way to update I94 is to travel out of US and get in back with new I94.

So, i have decided to go to Mexico (Matamoros) and get in back.

I want to find out, is there any one travelled recently to get there I94 update. I am traveling through land and there is one service usvisamex dot com. Are there any one taken help from these people?

Please, let me know, if anyone has any experiences

Thanks

Hi,

I came to US on H1b in May 2012 and got I94 till Nov 2013, this is based on my passport expiry.

My current visa is valid till Jan 2015. 

I Called Deferred Inspection for I94 update, but they said, they will correct only if POE made any mistakes.

After all the research , I found only way to update I94 is to travel out of US and get in back with new I94.

So, i have decided to go to Mexico (Matamoros) and get in back.

I want to find out, is there any one travelled recently to get there I94 update. I am traveling through land and there is one service usvisamex dot com. Are there any one taken help from these people?

Please, let me know, if anyone has any experiences

Thanks

When are you planning to go? Even i am in the same boat.

Got H1b approval, but no I-94. 

Are you sure you will get new I-94 if you travel to Matamoros.

Hello,

I recently travelled to Mexico City by air hoping to get a new I94. Our I94's were taken out before boarding the flight to Mexico and I thought I will get a new I94 when I return. I returned back on L1 but when I checked online, I saw my I94 # was same as the one I had submitted only the entry date had changed. But for me it still worked because I wanted to enter back on L1 to ensure my visa status remained L1. But to answer your question, in my case atleast I still got the same I94 when I returned from Mexico. I recommend going to your home country or a country which is not a neighbouring country to get a new I94. Others in the forum have travelled to Mexico by foot via Tijuana and came back in & received new I94. You may want to read posts by CatchGul

Hope this helps

Thanks for the update Shailesh030

According to CatchGul,  if we go by walk and have same I 797 as of Visa. We will be good to get new I94 as of our I797.. Maybe, I will try to go to Home Country or by walk to Mexico. still need to figure it out.

Do we have any forms with USCIS to get I 94 extend for H1B people?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived