H1B Education Evaluation RFE

No, it won't be fine.

You need to have a degree in the field of work, or lacking that, 3 years of experience for each year missing towards the degree.

That means in your case that you would need to have 12 years of IT experience for an H1 in IT.

No, it won't be fine.

You need to have a degree in the field of work, or lacking that, 3 years of experience for each year missing towards the degree.

That means in your case that you would need to have 12 years of IT experience for an H1 in IT.

My attorney told client requirement is given preference. Client wanted a science/engg/maths (4 year or equivalent degree) and 4 years of .Net experience....

So I satisfied the condition.

Did you do get a expert opinion letter and Education evaluation done. Was it the same as below for you too

I have same issue - Education evaluation  - says I have US equivalent of Civil

and Expert opinion says that my 4 years of exp, trainings and education is equivalent to US Computer science 

Am I good, or do I need anything else?

Did you do get a expert opinion letter and Education evaluation done. Was it the same as below for you too

I have same issue - Education evaluation  - says I have US equivalent of Civil

and Expert opinion says that my 4 years of exp, trainings and education is equivalent to US Computer science 

Am I good, or do I need anything else?

As OP said, it mostly depends on the job requirement and not so much on your major. (of course, it should be STEM with some IT courses)

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have got an RFE on Education Evaluation on H1B processing.

I have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering (2006) and 5 years of IT work Experience.

Will that be fine?

Hi debdeepb34,

Can I know more about it? I am into similar kind of situation.

Hi debdeepb34,

Can I know more about it? I am into similar kind of situation.

If you have a bachelor of Engineering with a 4 year degree you should be good to go. BTech or BE should do.

Also at times you need 2 years or more of work experience to back yourself up depending on client requirement.

Can you tell me the exact degree you have and which stream? 

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I have a similar problem. Any answers are much appreciated. I have a B.Tech in Civil Engineering with a total of 6 years of IT experience behind my back. I worked with Company A for 3.5 years before switching to Company B. Company B filed my H1B in 2012 and i'm in US since last year. Education evaluation was done by *************** Corp and i got the H1B without any issues.

Now, I want to switch to Company C and they said they're going for a new education + job equivalency evaluation to transfer the H1B. I have provided C supporting documents from A & B showing my 6 years of IT experience.

How bad are my chances of getting RFE here?

Hi 

I have a similar problem. Any answers are much appreciated. I have a B.Tech in Civil Engineering with a total of 6 years of IT experience behind my back. I worked with Company A for 3.5 years before switching to Company B. Company B filed my H1B in 2012 and i'm in US since last year. Education evaluation was done by *************** Corp and i got the H1B without any issues.

Now, I want to switch to Company C and they said they're going for a new education + job equivalency evaluation to transfer the H1B. I have provided C supporting documents from A & B showing my 6 years of IT experience.

How bad are my chances of getting RFE here?

As per USCIS, for H1 approval you need to have 4 yrs of Bachelor's degree from the field related to the H1 job.

I already have an approved H1b. I'm switching employer here. Although USCIS has already approved it once, is it possible that I may get RFE even though I have now more years of experience now since my visa was initially approved.

Archived