PIMS Update

vijkum

Hi All,

I have an visa interview on second of October.I spoke to consulate personnel this morning regarding govt shutdown and they confirmed scheduled appointment will not impact at all as of now.

I sent an separate email to them yesterday regarding my PIMS update and I got the following response from them today morning.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.  We do not verify PIMS information prior to visa interview.

Regards

Is it anything I need to worry about it?

Can someone give me some guidance in this regard?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi ,

Nothing to worry about , it just means that consulate will not try to verify it untill your interview time . I got the same reply .

Which consulate are you going ..?

If possible can you ask the VO or anyone in the consulate regarding the effect of Gov shutdown on the processing times for visa stamping . { As per your result and if possible only }

Thanks in Advance

Hi ,

Nothing to worry about , it just means that consulate will not try to verify it untill your interview time . I got the same reply .

Which consulate are you going ..?

If possible can you ask the VO or anyone in the consulate regarding the effect of Gov shutdown on the processing times for visa stamping . { As per your result and if possible only }

Thanks in Advance

Sure Jalsa24.I am going to kingston Jamaica.

Hi vijkum,

So you have your appointment on Oct 2, after you are done can you please let me know how many days it took you to get the stamped visa in hand ? I have my appointment on 30th, so wanted to know how long will it take, so that I can book my return tickets accordingly. 

Also please tell, which consulate are you going?

thanks a much and good luck for your interview

Hi vijkum,

So you have your appointment on Oct 2, after you are done can you please let me know how many days it took you to get the stamped visa in hand ? I have my appointment on 30th, so wanted to know how long will it take, so that I can book my return tickets accordingly. 

Also please tell, which consulate are you going?

thanks a much and good luck for your interview

Hi shalabhgandhi,

I am planning to schedule my first time H1B stamping appointment date in Jamaica. I already have my visa appointment in Ottawa on Nov 18th.

I am not able to see/book appointment date in Jamaica until i cancel my current appointment in Canada. Can you please check the available dates in nov and please respond to me so that i can cancel my canada appointment?

Thanks in Advance.

Prince

Archived