US government shutdown affect scheduled visa interview

Annflower

Friends,

I have a visa interview scheduled in Toronto, Canada on Oct 9th. Will this be affected because of the shutdown? I have been reading various blogs and it says the consular offices and visa processing will work as normal. I request people getting stamped in Toronto or any other place for that matter, please provide an update on what is going on, so it will be very helpful for me to plan accordingly. Your input matters a lot:)

Friends,

I have a visa interview scheduled in Toronto, Canada on Oct 9th. Will this be affected because of the shutdown? I have been reading various blogs and it says the consular offices and visa processing will work as normal. I request people getting stamped in Toronto or any other place for that matter, please provide an update on what is going on, so it will be very helpful for me to plan accordingly. Your input matters a lot:)

Well you should be the first one to get the update since you have made an appointment.

I would say, send an email to consulate mentioning that you have an interview appointment and ask whether this shutdown effects your interview.

Just had my interview yesterday (9/30) in Toronto, and got some real information. After hearing the golden words ("visa approved"), I asked the VO if the potential shutdown would affect the stamping and mailing / LOOMIS procedure. He said:

"We have emergency funds that are supposed to last upto one year in case we lose funding. So we won't be immediately affected by this shutdown, and at least for the next few months."

Everything else was smooth, exactly as described in previous posts.

Thanks Satch69. That is very helpful to know. You are a genius for asking that question:) I really appreciate it!!!

rahul412 - I will send an email to consulate and check with them as well. My plans are solely dependent on the response from people who are attending an interview before me since I have got 9 more days left and any update will be helpful as I can avoid if there is risk involved.

Just had my interview yesterday (9/30) in Toronto, and got some real information. After hearing the golden words ("visa approved"), I asked the VO if the potential shutdown would affect the stamping and mailing / LOOMIS procedure. He said:

"We have emergency funds that are supposed to last upto one year in case we lose funding. So we won't be immediately affected by this shutdown, and at least for the next few months."

Everything else was smooth, exactly as described in previous posts.

Nice information. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks Satch69. That is very helpful to know. You are a genius for asking that question:) I really appreciate it!!!

rahul412 - I will send an email to consulate and check with them as well. My plans are solely dependent on the response from people who are attending an interview before me since I have got 9 more days left and any update will be helpful as I can avoid if there is risk involved.

Let me know the response. I myself doesn't know who exactly whether the embassies are providing full services at this time or not. Waiting for your reply.

Archived