Help on F2 to H4 Conversion

patela_24

Hello,

I'm currently working as fulltime DBA for retail firm and the company has applied for my H1 this year which got approved with out any issues. My spouse came as F2 dependent since I was still on F1(OPT extension) status. In the month of Aug, I've applied her H4 conversion.

My question is since I've pursued my MS in a for profit university, fortunately my H1 got approved for now(I do understand that there could be issues while extension). But when it comes to F2 dependent conversion to H4, what is the probability of her status getting approved? I'm kind of skeptical because her F2 i-20 copy and VISA copy would carry my university information. Please let me know the possibilities and alternatives here.

NOTE: I've already got her receipt saying that its being in initial review at this point.

Hello,

I'm currently working as fulltime DBA for retail firm and the company has applied for my H1 this year which got approved with out any issues. My spouse came as F2 dependent since I was still on F1(OPT extension) status. In the month of Aug, I've applied her H4 conversion.

My question is since I've pursued my MS in a for profit university, fortunately my H1 got approved for now(I do understand that there could be issues while extension). But when it comes to F2 dependent conversion to H4, what is the probability of her status getting approved? I'm kind of skeptical because her F2 i-20 copy and VISA copy would carry my university information. Please let me know the possibilities and alternatives here.

NOTE: I've already got her receipt saying that its being in initial review at this point.

Did you get your H1B approval based on your DBA program in US i.e master quota? If yes, then there is a possibility that she might get a RFE and probably a denial for COS.

Archived