Parents visa complicated questions!!

vkoptimistic

Hello people, 

I am planning to send my mother and father separate for interview. Mother for now and father after my mum goes from short trip here. 

Little Back ground: Their visa is rejected 3 times in past 214(b)(2009, 2009, 2011). Basically my siblings are in UK and My father's Bank manager Job or their relatives, properties and everything doesnt seem to work as strong ties. Non-articulate and poor communication, translation problems are also issues. they have been to UK many times

New changes:

My father still works, they are going on Europe tour this October  Then they are going to UK. My father has strict leave of 1 month. I agree if they go back from this trip it shows good faith when they apply for US visa. I would really love to show them what I do in US , some good places and simple quality time as Diwali and festivities are coming. 

Questions: 

1. Should My mom apply for US visa alone first? Is it advisable to go for visa before europe tour? 

2. Can my dad alone apply for US visa from UK saying he will be with us only until his leave lasts and then go back to India? 

3. No lawyer or Senator help worked in past, Should i try for some more support and have them apply together or alone with or without each other's company.?

4. I am expecting and thinking to hold baby shower but dont need my parents help in raising my baby or helping me with delivery, For god sake, we can afford a Day care and health care. Can't an emotional daughter seek mum's company in time of this vulnerable and happy moments???  So, I know baby shower cant be a good reason as already they think there is weak ties back home(which i dont understand why?) So, still asking, can we show baby shower reason for my mum alone or parents together? Because they say, if some situation changes, then apply, now this is a major change or reason for their leisure trip. 

5. Its guaranteed they are not gonna stay here, What can i do to make this work, It is so frustrating that US thinks everybody wants to be immigrants here. How can we prove otherwise.

6. I am scared of using Lawyer as VO or anyone doesnt care who represent them. Last time VO didnt even look at papers prepared by Lawyer, I wasted my expensive fees. So please advise if I should use it anyway?

7.What do you think of whole "Applying in UK" idea? 

please help! 

Hello people, 

I am planning to send my mother and father separate for interview. Mother for now and father after my mum goes from short trip here. 

Little Back ground: Their visa is rejected 3 times in past 214(b)(2009, 2009, 2011). Basically my siblings are in UK and My father's Bank manager Job or their relatives, properties and everything doesnt seem to work as strong ties. Non-articulate and poor communication, translation problems are also issues. they have been to UK many times

New changes:

My father still works, they are going on Europe tour this October  Then they are going to UK. My father has strict leave of 1 month. I agree if they go back from this trip it shows good faith when they apply for US visa. I would really love to show them what I do in US , some good places and simple quality time as Diwali and festivities are coming. 

Questions: 

1. Should My mom apply for US visa alone first? Is it advisable to go for visa before europe tour? 

2. Can my dad alone apply for US visa from UK saying he will be with us only until his leave lasts and then go back to India? 

3. No lawyer or Senator help worked in past, Should i try for some more support and have them apply together or alone with or without each other's company.?

4. I am expecting and thinking to hold baby shower but dont need my parents help in raising my baby or helping me with delivery, For god sake, we can afford a Day care and health care. Can't an emotional daughter seek mum's company in time of this vulnerable and happy moments???  So, I know baby shower cant be a good reason as already they think there is weak ties back home(which i dont understand why?) So, still asking, can we show baby shower reason for my mum alone or parents together? Because they say, if some situation changes, then apply, now this is a major change or reason for their leisure trip. 

5. Its guaranteed they are not gonna stay here, What can i do to make this work, It is so frustrating that US thinks everybody wants to be immigrants here. How can we prove otherwise.

6. I am scared of using Lawyer as VO or anyone doesnt care who represent them. Last time VO didnt even look at papers prepared by Lawyer, I wasted my expensive fees. So please advise if I should use it anyway?

7.What do you think of whole "Applying in UK" idea? 

please help! 

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Is it possible for your dad to apply for a US visa from US consulate at UK when he is on a visitor visa to UK? I doubt that.

Consult murthy law firm. Probably you would have done it

There is something noted in their file which is hurting their chances. They can take a Hindi or whatever appropriate appointment and apply again. The whole problem starts from the notion that you are sending them for the visa and also presumably telling them what to say. They should apply together. What is your status here?

How does taking Visa Interview in Hindi help? its the same case. OP should forget about their parents coming here...they can go to their home country anytime to show the baby.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Is it possible for your dad to apply for a US visa from US consulate at UK when he is on a visitor visa to UK? I doubt that.

Consult murthy law firm. Probably you would have done it

DS-160 can be filed from any country. I made sure with 2 lawyers. One from UK and one from US, but UK lawyer said they might ask them to go to India for visa. Not sure how Murthy law firm can help as they dont listen to any lawyer queries, don't read any papers prepared by lawyers. So still confused thats why I asked here. 

There is something noted in their file which is hurting their chances. They can take a Hindi or whatever appropriate appointment and apply again. The whole problem starts from the notion that you are sending them for the visa and also presumably telling them what to say. They should apply together. What is your status here?

Hi, I am not sending them, They are going themselves. I am even against using I-134(letter of Support). My status is H1B, which should be even more convincing that they wont stay here, right? How can they when i cant stay here forever. And just to avoid that notion that someone from here desperately wants them to come, I am thinking not to involve lawyer's representation, our financials and stuff. 

Why does it have to be this complicated. Why cant they trust like other countries and enforce the law if someone breaks it. If they want to be immigrants, they could do that in Europe, UK and for that matter they have more reasons to immigrate to UK as my brother is there with family who is waiting for them, but they are not Law breakers. Applying together doesnt establish any strong tie back home. at least Mother can say my husband is here. :(

Why the desperation that they need to come here? You can always go back..maybe they have something shady background

Yes I can take my baby to India, UK anywhere I want my parents to meet him/her. And yes I can always go back, but whats the harm in seeking parents company in some place wonderful you are living your life. And We hardly get 7-15 days with them when we visit them some place else. So baby is not the only case, Why do people get to travel internationally on Christmas or family gatherings and why cant my parents spend some time with me and see US on our festivities or family time. 

And all the people who judge other's intentions(Shady backgrounds!!), they should look at documents if they really want proof, Should really see the history of what this traveler has done to other countries. A govt banker only gets time after their kids are settled, to travel like this and that right is also not given to them.

I am plain simple frustrated at the system(not looking documents and harassing people with multiple tries to let them live their dreams to see their kids, prejudices like if someone comes in retirement they stays here, that if someone comes for maternity time, they stay here, that the definition of visiting is not spending time with family in home) this way many innocent people are ignored, hurt and made feel bad as if they were asking for something more. 

I will still welcome suggestions if any. thank you for you constructive criticism.  

So did your contacted any attorney for help??

Your case is not complicated, it's straight forward "attending visa interview after 3 rejections".  Moreover you are making it complex by sending them to consulate from third country, this won't show any strong ties.

They can also make appointment by selecting non English language during the interview

How does taking Visa Interview in Hindi help? its the same case. OP should forget about their parents coming here...they can go to their home country anytime to show the baby.

Again you are making this about the Baby, so stop it! They never wanted to come for baby, neither have they ever gone for baby so just chill! 

They want to come as tourist. I just happened to mention i m pregnant, you all look for reason to negate anything and everything without strong research. they can come now, later, next year anytime. without needing to come to see baby.. So please dont mention this topic again, I am not sending them , they are coming themselves like they go to Europe or UK. 

So did your contacted any attorney for help??

Your case is not complicated, it's straight forward "attending visa interview after 3 rejections".  Moreover you are making it complex by sending them to consulate from third country, this won't show any strong ties.

They can also make appointment by selecting non English language during the interview

Yes they will choose Indian language in India when my mom goes in India. I just asked if my dad can visit UK and ask for US visa while he is there. Unfortunately he wont have that much leave so if he can make it here even for a week, he will be happy. (Please dont tell me why am I not going, Its obvious i cant as I am expecting) 

If any of you think they should go later in the time like next year or so, even that is welcome as suggestion. I just asked if something can be done now. 

With the help of attorney's advice and answering the interview questions confidently, any visiting visa applicant can get the visa.

DS-160 can be filed from any country. I made sure with 2 lawyers. One from UK and one from US, but UK lawyer said they might ask them to go to India for visa. Not sure how Murthy law firm can help as they dont listen to any lawyer queries, don't read any papers prepared by lawyers. So still confused thats why I asked here. 

I agree DS160 can be filed from any country. But, everyone can not attend visa interview at a US consulate in UK. I had my 1st visa interview in Paris, France as I had just finished my PhD there. The first question VO asked me was my long term residence card of France that allows me to appear for a visa interview at Paris. If I did not have that I would have been refused an interview. First check about that.

Taking a visa interview in native language could be of much help as your parents might be more comfortable in speaking the language and could express their views or answer questions to VO clearly. Also, any parent going for an interview in English at US consulate might be more apprehensive about the accent and eventually ends up struggling to answer questions which would be seen in a negative way by VO.

Contacting an attorney would help as like you get different views in this forum based on experience they would have tons of experience dealing with cases like this. They could fine tune your parents documents and probably figure out a reason for constant denial of visa.

Yes they will choose Indian language in India when my mom goes in India. I just asked if my dad can visit UK and ask for US visa while he is there. Unfortunately he wont have that much leave so if he can make it here even for a week, he will be happy. (Please dont tell me why am I not going, Its obvious i cant as I am expecting) 

If any of you think they should go later in the time like next year or so, even that is welcome as suggestion. I just asked if something can be done now. 

Just keep it simple and easy, just like what they did earlier three times. Attend the interview in India  TOGETHER and choose native language for the interview. I am sure they have learned how to face it after failing three times.

I agree DS160 can be filed from any country. But, everyone can not attend visa interview at a US consulate in UK. I had my 1st visa interview in Paris, France as I had just finished my PhD there. The first question VO asked me was my long term residence card of France that allows me to appear for a visa interview at Paris. If I did not have that I would have been refused an interview. First check about that.

Taking a visa interview in native language could be of much help as your parents might be more comfortable in speaking the language and could express their views or answer questions to VO clearly. Also, any parent going for an interview in English at US consulate might be more apprehensive about the accent and eventually ends up struggling to answer questions which would be seen in a negative way by VO.

Contacting an attorney would help as like you get different views in this forum based on experience they would have tons of experience dealing with cases like this. They could fine tune your parents documents and probably figure out a reason for constant denial of visa.

Thank You for sharing your experience in detail. May thats why UK lawyer also expressed a doubt. 

I appreciate your help. 

"Non-articulate and poor communication, translation problems" Presumably they will understand better using their mother tongue rather than a potential yankee drawl????>>>>:>:>

They went for interview in their mother tongue and the translator was interrupting before they could finish and couldn't translate in real meaning. So, that what i meant by communication problems. Nobody intends to use Yankee Drawl so, please leave the topic alone if you cant help and only want to have prejudices without knowledge of what really happens. 

@OP

Sorry to hear about your situation

I have seen a family suffering through this and understand your concern

The idea of UK is a good one (my friend send his mom to Consulate in canada).

Please create a good formal party invitation - baby shower or post baby celebration your call.

Also do include in your invitation that you have hired a nanny/helper at home and show credibility in that

Its all about creating a solid application and getting the visa approved.

@OP

Sorry to hear about your situation

I have seen a family suffering through this and understand your concern

The idea of UK is a good one (my friend send his mom to Consulate in canada).

Please create a good formal party invitation - baby shower or post baby celebration your call.

Also do include in your invitation that you have hired a nanny/helper at home and show credibility in that

Its all about creating a solid application and getting the visa approved.

Thank you ge145. appreciate you sharing what you know. God bless. Will decide as per what to do. 

I would suggest that they apply together in India. They will not get the visa in the UK. The database will tell the VO about the previous history and they will not get a visa in the UK. It would seem a tad difficult as some statement they made or some facts they claimed in the past has been noted down . Your Pregnancy is your matter and no VO has any locus standi in the matter. Anyway congrats.

Archived