Invitation Letter for Self Sponsored Visa

L1_to_H1

Hello,

I have a small query. My in-laws are planning to come and visit us sometime next year. They are applying on their own. While filling up DS160 they put my wife's name as the person they are visiting. And as spouse my name. My wife is on H4. Now will it be ok if I send the invitation letter ? Or the invitation letter should be from my wife? 

And also if you can give me a format that would help a lot. 

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a small query. My in-laws are planning to come and visit us sometime next year. They are applying on their own. While filling up DS160 they put my wife's name as the person they are visiting. And as spouse my name. My wife is on H4. Now will it be ok if I send the invitation letter ? Or the invitation letter should be from my wife? 

And also if you can give me a format that would help a lot. 

Thanks!

It could be anyone of you.

It could be anyone of you.

Thanks Jairichi. Do I need to send separate letter for each of them or they can use copy of the same letter? And also I hope its ok to send scanned copy of the letter rather then sending original letter from here in US? 

Here is one format I found. I can tweak it for in-laws . 

January 27th, 2010

United States Consulate General

Address of the Consulate

Dear Honorable Consul,

SADE OMOTOLEWA - PASSPORT NO AO234567

My name is Maya *******, and I reside at ************, New York, NY 12546. I am a United States citizen (or lawful permanent resident alien).

I am requesting that you issue a tourist (B-2) visa to my girl friend Sade Omotolewa, in order to allow her to visit with me in the United States.We have been friends for the past 2 years and I would like her to visit, this summer.

Sade will be visiting with me from June 1st 2010 to June 30th 2010. This will be a great time because we will both be off work at this time. During her stay in the United States, she will stay with me at my home at the address stated above.

I will be responsible for all of her accommodation expenses while she is in the United States. Upon the termination of her visit, she will return to Lagos, Nigeria.

Sade will be presenting this letter to you, together with other evidence to establish her close ties with Nigeria, and to assure you that she will return prior to the expiration of her stay in the United States.

Your kind consideration to this request will be greatly appreciated.

Yours Truly,

Maya *******

***********, New York, NY 12546

Archived