Post Green Card (via EB1)

tssvwn

Hi,

I got GC recently via EB1C (Muliti-national manager) category, i am currently working as a project manager in GC sponsored company. I would like to do technical work in consulting like .NET Developer/Sr. Software Engineer/ .Net Consultant. If i take technical designation/role (which is not project manager), then will there be a query or issue during citizenship naturalization?.  

Thanks

Hi,

I got GC recently via EB1C (Muliti-national manager) category, i am currently working as a project manager in GC sponsored company. I would like to do technical work in consulting like .NET Developer/Sr. Software Engineer/ .Net Consultant. If i take technical designation/role (which is not project manager), then will there be a query or issue during citizenship naturalization?.  

Thanks

I believe once you get a GC you are free to work any additional job but you need to stay in your current job for at least 6 months. Wait for other members opinion.

Queries, visa abuse for GC holder?? How??

OP got permanent residency (green card) under the EB-1C preference category as a manager in a multi-national company, which is intended for and implies a more senior management or executive role with various direct responsibleness over staff, finances, corporate decisions, etc.  Currently he is working as a "project manager", which typically does not qualify under the EB-1C requirements, and now he wants to be a developer / software engineer as a consultant.  This certainly makes it appear that the permanent residency under the EB-1C preference category is questionable.

Unfortunately, people do find ways to 'game' the system and get benefits that they are not entitled to and do not deserve.  It is important to keep in mind that there is no statue of limitations on immigration fraud, and if found in violation a person's status can be revoked including citizenship.

But OP got his GC. How came??

Thanks for supporting my post Catx.

Understand Rahul Einstein?

OP got permanent residency (green card) under the EB-1C preference category as a manager in a multi-national company, which is intended for and implies a more senior management or executive role with various direct responsibleness over staff, finances, corporate decisions, etc.  Currently he is working as a "project manager", which typically does not qualify under the EB-1C requirements, and now he wants to be a developer / software engineer as a consultant.  This certainly makes it appear that the permanent residency under the EB-1C preference category is questionable.

Unfortunately, people do find ways to 'game' the system and get benefits that they are not entitled to and do not deserve.  It is important to keep in mind that there is no statue of limitations on immigration fraud, and if found in violation a person's status can be revoked including citizenship.

I believe EB1 (b) category is for the international manager. Even a developer who is in supervising capacity can be treated as an international manager. The primary requirement is the person is question has worked in same company overseas before moving to US on H1 or L1 visa. Obviously L1 visa provides better chances of getting EB1.

My coworker who was Sr. Associate (in big 4) was considered manager in this category and got GC in less than 6 months... So, it is definitely possible to get GC using this category. Look around, many of your friends are doing secondment in other countries for a year and then coming back to US. This is one easy way to get a GC... 

Hope this helps.

I believe EB1 (b) category is for the international manager. Even a developer who is in supervising capacity can be treated as an international manager. The primary requirement is the person is question has worked in same company overseas before moving to US on H1 or L1 visa. Obviously L1 visa provides better chances of getting EB1.

My coworker who was Sr. Associate (in big 4) was considered manager in this category and got GC in less than 6 months... So, it is definitely possible to get GC using this category. Look around, many of your friends are doing secondment in other countries for a year and then coming back to US. This is one easy way to get a GC... 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification dude...!!!

I believe EB1 (b) category is for the international manager. Even a developer who is in supervising capacity can be treated as an international manager. The primary requirement is the person is question has worked in same company overseas before moving to US on H1 or L1 visa. Obviously L1 visa provides better chances of getting EB1.

My coworker who was Sr. Associate (in big 4) was considered manager in this category and got GC in less than 6 months... So, it is definitely possible to get GC using this category. Look around, many of your friends are doing secondment in other countries for a year and then coming back to US. This is one easy way to get a GC...

Hope this helps.

While it is not in direct conflict with U.S. immigration law for a company and their foreign employee to have the employee work in an overseas assignment for a year as a 'manager' and then return to the U.S. and apply for permanent residency under the EB-1C preference category, this is not the intent of the immigration law.

Further, and more importantly, I have recently read two accounts of the USCIS denying a L-1A visa and EB-1C permanent residency for employees who were determined to have only supervisory responsibilities (such as a project manager). The denial typically stated that “an employee who primarily performs the tasks necessary to produce a product or to provide services is not considered to be employed in a managerial or executive capacity”. This is especially true for EB-1C permanent residency. These accounts were part of reports about the USCIS increasing its scrutiny of L-1A visa petitions and EB-1C permanent residency applications.

• 4 years later...

Archived