H1-B 221g toronto canada

justin9

exactly...i just dont understand why people have to wait so long to get a background check done...I was checking in checkee, and a lot of people in the Chinese embassies seem to be getting their visas in 35 days...i just dont understand why us being in Canada have to wait longer. Anyway, there is nothing we can do other than wait..let us know when you get an update. Did you email the embassy again since you 2 updates and then nothing happened..

no i have not emailed the embassy after the update on 17th ..... its pure waste of time... they tell you nothing new than what we know 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kalyan_chakri: any updates or messages??

Since you had two consecutive updates, did you get any response other than the automated reply, when you sent email to admin processing people?, 

Same here guys...4th week here..too much of maple syrup by now.......

no i have no update yet... i emailed the consulate yesterday afternoon

@kalyan -

here is my theory man - what im guessing is that all our files were just sitting at the toronto consulate for the counselor to process. this process probably started on OCT 16th when all our status dates were updated. Probably this is when they sent it to the DOS. Not sure how long from this date would the DOS take to process the applications and send back the info.

Not sure why the toronto consulate kept our applications for soo loong without being processed.

@kalyan -

here is my theory man - what im guessing is that all our files were just sitting at the toronto consulate for the counselor to process. this process probably started on OCT 16th when all our status dates were updated. Probably this is when they sent it to the DOS. Not sure how long from this date would the DOS take to process the applications and send back the info.

Not sure why the toronto consulate kept our applications for soo loong without being processed.

@Justin - i agree ...... yesterday i got a new piece of information that the consular office in Washington DC is under renovation/construction and hence all the processing that is supposed to be done at Washington is being done at Toronto consulate...i have no idea how genuine this information is ...we will have to do some google search to find any relevant info. if this is true then it explains the delay!

@Justin - i agree ...... yesterday i got a new piece of information that the consular office in Washington DC is under renovation/construction and hence all the processing that is supposed to be done at Washington is being done at Toronto consulate...i have no idea how genuine this information is ...we will have to do some google search to find any relevant info. if this is true then it explains the delay!

This sounds highly suspect. Why would the shift the SAO process overseas?

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

First off, an SAO gets processed in DC at the State Department and not at a consular office, because, to the best of my knowledge, consulates exist outside of the country, not within the country.

Secondly, even if one were to believe this, why would something like that be shifted overseas? Wouldn't it make sense to shift it within the country since it is supposed to involve internal agencies?

First off, an SAO gets processed in DC at the State Department and not at a consular office, because, to the best of my knowledge, consulates exist outside of the country, not within the country.

Secondly, even if one were to believe this, why would something like that be shifted overseas? Wouldn't it make sense to shift it within the country since it is supposed to involve internal agencies?

I talked to some of my friends in US who were in similar situation but In India. From what I hear from them is 40-60 days standard in most cases. I dont mean to discourage but that seems to be trend. One of my friend waited 14 days while couple of them 45 and 60 days. I am already waiting close to 30 days.

i understand the delay - but i wish we had a tentative time frame man !

I talked to some of my friends in US who were in similar situation but In India. From what I hear from them is 40-60 days standard in most cases. I dont mean to discourage but that seems to be trend. One of my friend waited 14 days while couple of them 45 and 60 days. I am already waiting close to 30 days.

@ justin- ya man atleast we don't dream of an email everyday. If they say it will take 45 days or any x number of days then it would have been a little better than current situation

@f1studentopt - I agree with the fact that some of the work is done by DOS, and to me too it makes no sense that why would all work from DC move to Toronto ..they could move it to NYC , but we don't know what the terms are within consulates are. And it's also possible that the guy who told me this is an idiot ..as I said it's not a reliable source

@cukegene- there is a guy called Senthil, he had his interview on sept 4th, another guy on 9th and mine on 11th, we all have crossed 45 days and getting close to 60 day mark! I think and is purely my suspicion that there might some some kind of counter which triggers for an update after particular number of days. It can be 30/45/60 I don't know...it might mean something or it might be my curiosity speaking or it's my thinking about what the consulates strategy is...I am not saying we might get a visa on 60th day but I think there will be an update atleast - obviously it will mean nothing if the update is just status update change on ceac website....

Well the comforting part is you can actually question the consulate once you hit the the 60day period! Atleast per the websites.

@ Kalyan, Cukegene and F1studentOPT -

I attended H1B @ Toronto  on 17th Oct and They issues 221G without many question.

I recieved an email on 21st requesting for Client Letter. I did that and not the WAITING GAME is on.

Will keep you all posted if any update

My situation is same as yours. my interview was on 9th, they asked client letter on 21st and called client manager the next day when i submitted letter in person. 

• 2 weeks later...

interview for B1/B2 visa on 30/04/2013

yellow slip received for admin processing

e-mail from TCR we can now conclude your application for non-immigrant  visa date 13/11/2013

went to consulate passport delivered 14/11/2013

visa application status check ceac still under admin processing update 30/04/2013 update on 14/11/2013

today call to DOS and confirm my case is admin processing

7 days still waiting

Muslim name from Pakistan

Archived