Has any one got 221 g Blue Slip approved from Chennai Consulate in the recent times?

gitasankar

Hi All,

I have completed more than 65 days on my 221 g Case Blue Slip. I am on EVC Model and working for Govt. Client in USA. This is my 7th year of extension through I-140. They contacted my client and verified my employment in the 3rd week after the visa interview. My client also responded back immediately. I don't know why the consulate is still taking time.  I am really losing hope on my case whether they will approve or not.

My client allowed me to work from home till last week. Now they are planning to take some decision on my position due to their company policy.

Has any one got 221 g Blue Slip approved from Chennai Consulate in the recent times? If some one got approval, how long they took to approve? Because I don't know how long more I should wait to hear from them. Really I am very much frustrated on this. 

@gita:

Any updates from your side? I am also waiting on my blue slip approval from Chennai. My VI was on 08/26. I have been following the pink slip updates on the Chennai consulate website and they have been moving pretty quickly. However, I am not sure if there is a correlation in terms of the speed of processing between the blue and pink slips.

@gita:

You are lucky enough to be working from India but I was unfortunately not given that option. I am unfortunately having to pay my rent, car EMI, insurance, etc.. even though I am not earning! I am afraid I will soon go into a financial crunch if this thing takes more longer!

Hi @ravipro,

I have been having work from home option till now. But I am not sure how long it goes. Moreover I am not getting paid for 40 hours in a week. Whatever the work they assign, I get pay only for that. Some weeks I work only for 10 hours.  I am compromising myself by thinking that something is better than nothing. I want to stick to my client till the Chennai Consulate complete my 221 g. 

My client manager is going crazy about my situation and he told me that he is trying his level best to help me on my situation. But If something goes out of his control due to upper management pressure/questions, he might not be able to allow me to work from India. Lets see how it goes. 

I have vacated my apartment just 2 weeks back with help of 2 of my colleagues. They helped me like God. One of my colleagues is keeping my car with him. I am also paying GEICO Insurance for my car. . 

You can ask any of your friends to vacate your apartment and keep your stuffs at storage. Then you can look some one for sublease.  In that way you will be relieved from your apartment. You can talk to the bank about your EMI (auto loan or You can give power of attorney to any of your friends and sell your car. 

I agree with you that if we spend money without any income, definitely we will end up into financial crunch. 

But this is our unfortunate. We cant help. We have to wait till we hear from Consulate. Lets hope for the best. 

@gita:

Nice moves from you. As you must have seen in one of my posts, I am being sent some docs from the consulate. I have my fingers crossed with a hope there is some positive news in that cover. Due to the upcoming holidays, looks like my wait will be longer by the time I get these docs.

@gita and @ravipro - I completely understand your concern. I was exactly in the same situation in 2012. Went to India in Nov -2011had extension issues and finally went to interview Jan 7 at Chennai and was given a 221g. But fortunately my client was very supportive and I was able to work from Nov-11 to Apri-12.

I was issued a visa in April 2012. All I would say is to hang on to it and wait. I know its really very frustrating with client asking in every meeting, but we don't have any option.

All the best!! Don't loose hope. Everyone will get their chance and by God's grace it would change for good. Frankly, just to give you another example after I returned in April 2012, I had to extend H1B again in Dec 2012 (As I got only 1 year extension). In Nov 2013 I applied for H1 extension(PP). Got the receipt notification on Nov 11th at 4 PM and approval at 8PM on the same day. Dec 11th PERM approved. Dec 13th VISA stamped at Vancouver. Everything happened so fast that the tables turned with God's grace.

Just don't loose hope and faith. All the best!! I am sure I'll see good news from you guys soon.. :)

Best regards!

Hi @ravipro,

I also got 221 g from Chennai on 07/23/2013 and I have been still waiting to hear from them. 

did you call the Chennai consulate directly by using their contact number?  I called them few times and they didn't provide any information to me. They simply told me to keep in touch with US Travel docs to know the status of my 221 g. Then they disconnected the phone while I was talking further.

Can you please share the phone number which you used to talk with Chennai Consulate and Is there any specific day/timings to call them? 

Hi all,

I am also in same boat from chennai.

Interview Date :13 june 2013 - got 221g blue

requested docs submitted :20th june 2013 (all docs submitted except passport)

21st Oct 2013  got below email.

Dear name,
Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate
The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXXX
You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:XXXXXXXXXXX
If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

as per above email, they returned passport but I have passport with me only.

I don't get the meaning of that email. I hope they might taken some decision on my case. fingers crossed.

waiting for further update. Contacting VFS for furhter steps.

If any one understand the above email. plz explain me.

Hi all,

I am also in same boat from chennai.

Interview Date :13 june 2013 - got 221g blue

requested docs submitted :20th june 2013 (all docs submitted except passport)

21st Oct 2013  got below email.

Dear name,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:XXXXXXXXXXX

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

as per above email, they returned passport but I have passport with me only.

I don't get the meaning of that email. I hope they might taken some decision on my case. fingers crossed.

waiting for further update. Contacting VFS for furhter steps.

If any one understand the above email. plz explain me.

I was in a similar situation but I didn't get an email but was notified by someone in the Chennai consulate when I called them. They told me they had sent some documents over, but the VFS email is a generic one and is not customized which is the cause for confusion.

In my case, I got back all the original and the photocopies of documents that VO took during the interview along with another 221g blue slip asking me to submit my passport. I guess you will also have a similar experience.

Update the thread once you have more information.

The status of my 221g updated in CEAC today to Issued. Please find a brief of my 221g journey below:

Visa Interview Date: August 26, 2013

First Status Update Date: September 20, 2013 (Still AP)

Passport Submission Date: October 18, 2013

Second Status Update Date: October 25, 2013 (Issued)

I got a notification from Hyderabad VFS office on October 18, 2013 asking to collect my documents. I picked the documents which also had another 221g Blue slip asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

My ordeal of 221g has come to an end .Please find the below information

Visa Interview Date: sep 5, 2013

First Status Update Date: Oct 22, 2013 (Still AP)

Passport Submission Date: October 29, 2013

Second Status Update Date: Nov 4, 2013 (Still AP)

Third status update Date : Nov 5 2013 (Issued)

Passport collection Date : Nov 7 2013

I got a notification from Hyderabad VFS office on October 29, 2013 asking to collect my documents. I picked the documents which also had another 221g Blue slip asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.

• 1 year later...

Hi All, 

I am also waiting for 221g status update. On Nov 17th attended the interview in chennai consulate. VO asked me about my US company. I told him about the same. Then he asked me to provide client letter and SOW which I provided the same. After verifying it for some time he handed over me blue slip just checking one check box saying administrative processing. They have not taken my i97 or petition document or passport from me. They don't have any document for my case. It's been more than 10 weeks since this happened. Let me know if any one is in same boat as me.

Archived