H4 visa stamping successful using dropbox submission process in HYD

tak81

My wife has submitted the following required documents using drop box option. Visa status changed to "issued" today

1. drop box confirmation

2. ds 160 confirmation change

3. Photograph

4. h1b & h4 petition copy's

5. Employer documents (h1b employment letter & h4 approval request letter) 

6. Passport 

All the other h1b supporting documents are not accepted ( ex: pay stubs,client letter, w2s , bank statements...etc) 

on day two DS-160 visa status displayed as "Administrative processing" and day 3 it changed to "issued" {https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==}

Hopefully will receive a passport on Day4

If you are eligible for dropbox better take the advantage and go for it.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

I am little confused with USCIS receipt number information to be provided in the DS160.

My wife is back in India and I just returned to US. As such she qualifies for Dropbox, she did not come with me for interview - as such mine was first time stamping. (that was stupid of us that she did not attend interview with me and thought of using dropbox)

In the Travel Section of DS160 - Principal Applicant Information
Do I enter my H1 Receipt number or her H4 extension approval Receipt number ?

I see that there is nowhere that I have to enter her H4 Extension Approval Receipt number,  will that be ok ?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I qualified for the dropbox too for h4 visa, and submitted all the documents on 26th Feb 2016, status till 8th Mar 2016 was showing 'Ready' and on 8th March 2016 it changed to 'Administrative Processing'. I am a new mom and have 9 month old baby(US citizen). Does anyone knows whats going on...im getting worried now..

Archived