Fresh H1B Visa Stamping in Canada .. Query .. Pls help

sendilvera

All,

I got my L1 B visa converted to H1 B with different vendor last year, I been working with the same vendor & client from that time.

I don't have masters in US. But lived her for last 5+ yrs.  Now it is a time for H1 B stamping for me, please suggest is it a good choice to go for a stamping in Canada ??  If so , which location embassy is good for my case ?.. Any help is greatly appreciated ... Thanks ..

Guys, Please do not speculate things which you are not sure of. Coming back to sendilvera's point. It doesn't matter whether you have masters in US or not to attend US Visa Interview at Border Countries such as Canada, Mexico. However, If you are going for first time h1b stamping to canada then there is a risk of consulate declining your visa based on Education AND/OR Experience in other country than US. Even though you have a masters they can decline your visa based pn several other reasons. Immigration attorney's desn't recommend H4 to H1 or L2 to H1 Stampings in border countries as they might need additional verification in either education or experience. In you case, it is just a transfer same like H1B to H1B a your L1 visa is initially approved in US consulate, india(right?) and this is your extension/transfer.Do not panic and see take the apprpriate decision. They won't directly decline your visa they may issue 221g for client verification or other stuff which is not uncommon. Even if you go to india you will have the same rule of thumb. Good Luck :)

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/temporary-worker-distinguished-merit-other-than-nurses.html

• Evidence of qualifications must original or certified copy. Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canada.
  • Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to first-time H1B applicants if the applicant's education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada. In the absence of U.S. or Canadian education or work experience, we strongly encourage you to apply from your country of residence

thanks guys for your reply ...  I am also reading some topics in the forum, it is confusing me more now !!!! .. Some say Masters needed , Some say if you have atleast 2 yrs work experience in  enough !!! ... Not sure ..

Waiting on some experienced person response ... guessing there might be someone who faced my question !!! :)

thanks guys for your reply ...  I am also reading some topics in the forum, it is confusing me more now !!!! .. Some say Masters needed , Some say if you have atleast 2 yrs work experience in  enough !!! ... Not sure ..

Waiting on some experienced person response ... guessing there might be someone who faced my question !!! :)

instead of relying on the forums where anyone can even lie....just go to the Canada's US Consulate's site and check out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived