MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

Hi, There is some update on my case 

Filed MTR on DEC 11,2013. Today when i am tracking the status it is is showing in "Post decision activity". I am feeling tense the final result what it would be. Could you please suggest me the possible result on my case?? 

The status when i track with the new fee receipt for I290B number ($630): WACXXXX

Post Decision Activity

On January 16, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

The status when i track with the original H1B petition I129: WACXXXX

Post Decision Activity

On January 16, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

CONGRATS!! this usually is approved..as far as I have seen others post..

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I am new to this forum!

My initial H1 was denied saying not happy with employee contract attached. Where as all my colleagues are being approved with the same contract which is attached by my company.

Now the struggle started.

We applied for MTR on Dec12th with additional letter from our company manager. Got new receipt number.

When I am tracking with new receipt it says

On January 16, 2014, your name was updated relating to your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER.

When I am tracking with old receipt number it says

On January 17, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Can some one please help me to understand this??

Hi looks like my petition got approved. When I track the status using the original old receipt number status appears as below.

Post Decision Activity

On January 17, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

@REDDICK, I was in the same boat 2 days before, now my status moved to approved. I think mostly your case is approved , . Just wait a day or two. You will have some god news.. Good luck man...:)

Hi I am new to this forum!

My initial H1 was denied saying not happy with employee contract attached. Where as all my colleagues are being approved with the same contract which is attached by my company.

Now the struggle started.

We applied for MTR on Dec12th with additional letter from our company manager. Got new receipt number.

When I am tracking with new receipt it says

On January 16, 2014, your name was updated relating to your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER.

When I am tracking with old receipt number it says

On January 17, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Can some one please help me to understand this??

Guys, Can some one help me?

Old receipt is in post decision activity and new receipt is in initial review and their statuses are as posted above. does this mean some thing?

Hi looks like my petition got approved. When I track the status using the original old receipt number status appears as below.

Post Decision Activity

On January 17, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

@REDDICK, I was in the same boat 2 days before, now my status moved to approved. I think mostly your case is approved , . Just wait a day or two. You will have some god news.. Good luck man...:)

ohh Thanks for the wishes man!

Congrats on your approval...Seems like MTR is really good option if we are genuine...

@ Thejas28 : Yes, we too raised a request with VSC last month and got the same reply that there is no fixed time frame for I-290B.

My MTR is dated August 28th.

@thejas28 and mtr_h1b - when I raised an e-request, I got a reply that due to privacy act, a beneficiary cannot be communicated the progress. I raised an e-request as 'applicant/petitioner' but used my email id. Is it how you also raised e-request?

@thejas28 and mtr_h1b - when I raised an e-request, I got a reply that due to privacy act, a beneficiary cannot be communicated the progress. I raised an e-request as 'applicant/petitioner' but used my email id. Is it how you also raised e-request?

@H1Dreamer: My attorney called the customer support # and raised the service request. I never tried it online.

Ask your attorney to contact their helpline and escalate the request to tier-2 officer.

If you try to call them, they are not going to create service request on your behalf.

They don't even discuss the details unless the attorney / employer calls them.

No Updates guys still in same status.....Initial Review!  By reviewing this thread it looks like CSC might be processing Sep MTR's and VSC processing June/July MTR's. Anyways I am hoping we all should get response on our MTRs soon.

I wish each and everyone of you Loads of Luck!!!

Thanks!

Reddy

Hey Reddy,

I need your lucky wish too... I applied MTR, Appeal on AUg 28th and on Nov 7th,  The case was moved to appeals office.

Thanks

Sim

@H1Dreamer: My attorney called the customer support # and raised the service request. I never tried it online.

Ask your attorney to contact their helpline and escalate the request to tier-2 officer.

If you try to call them, they are not going to create service request on your behalf.

They don't even discuss the details unless the attorney / employer calls them.

I called my attorney and he said, he wouldn't call USCIS,

He said for appeal cases, it takes indefinite amount of time and he was not budging at all.

Is there anybody here with Appeal (not MTR) filed at VSC on or after August?

What's your case status now?

Mine is still Initial review and its been 5 months, it was an appeal and not an MTR.

Hello,

Mine is an Appeal at CSC, applied in August. I am not sure, if I can raise an e-request ?

@reddick, mine 129 approved with old receipt number, and new receipt says I290B approved. I have filed a motion on dec12 th and got it approved in 35 days. CSC center. Denial reason. Was the cline letter validity date ends on 31st dec 2013..

Thanks for the info man!

Old receipt of mine is showing as reopened in post decision activity.

New receipt is showing as some name updated regarding i120b and it's in initial review.

It's been 1 week from the last update, it's not moving to decision...Waiting...

Hi Guys,

I had filled notice of appeal to Uscis at CSC on sep 27. I got a new receipt number and its in initial review status as of now. The initial review status shows that "On November 7, 2013, we transferred your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed." 

Anyone has seen this above, what does this mean and how much more does the processing takes? From this forum I observe that most of cases are motion to reconsider than reappeal. I suppose appeal takes more time, what is the average time you are seeing response for appeal?

I had raised an e request 3 weeks earlier and the status of e request says that i don't have privileges to view the status of petition, Therefore my employer had raised an e request yesterday, I will update once i get response back from them.

@Reddy, Thejas28, Viswakavi, Ramya and H1B_SBAN

Any updates on your status??

Please keep the thread updated.. this is the last hope :(

@Reddy - need your LUCKY wish!

I raised an e-request and even spoke to the USCIS folks. They say that VSC has not specified any processing time for MTR's. I raised an e-request but got a mail saying that i do not qualify for an update. God alone knows whats gonna happen.

Anyone else VCS? how long is the wait for MTR?

I raised an e-request and even spoke to the USCIS folks. They say that VSC has not specified any processing time for MTR's. I raised an e-request but got a mail saying that i do not qualify for an update. God alone knows whats gonna happen.

Hi,

I am also from VSC... Filed MTR on oct3rd and raised an e request on jan6..... Still no update....

Did any one get approvals after july from VSC ?

Last one i heard is July 16 from Vsc.....Please update here...so the evey one knows which month cases they are looking .

Thanks

Hi Tejas,

I am from VSC as well. Filed MTR in november.. No reply yet..Still waiting :(

I have seen couple of guys in this forum who tried to raise the service requests by themselves.. Have you tried that?

When was your MTR filed?

Thanks,

My employer has filled an e request and he got an email from USCIS saying that the case has been moved to AAO, so they asked us to call them. He called them at 703-224-4501 and left the message about the case and requesting to expedite. This number directly takes to Voice Mail to leave.

I am so tired of waiting for this APPeal.. Not sure when they will make a decision...

Are any of you planning to file H1B again this year? 

I am trying Hard to find an employer, and every employer is asking following questions:

What is your experience - 3 years

What is your visa status- I would say F1

Do you Have CPT/OPT?------ When I say No.. They would ask why not.. go get one...... I would say.. this is my second semester and after that only I can apply for CPT...

They are saying.. take CPT then visit us..

I am so frustrated. When I had OPT and I was working for a client.. My h1B got rejected and now.. I am trying to find an employer who would sponsor my visa.. without asking me to take cpt and stuff.. This seems impossible..

Is anyone else going through these issues?  Appreciate your inputs and if possible let me know how to find a new employer.. :)

Thanks

Archived