MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an AWESOME and well deserved news Sandr01 ! Congratulations....Party hard :-)

You got the result within a week of placing service request...that's amazing !

Please keep us posted.

Thanks :) it's a big relief indeed! Yeah within a week from dec 2 till 9th. 

Just want to make sure 90 days includes non- working days as well right?

Yes 90 calender days.

GREAT NEWS GUYS!! I got the h1b approved! Keep waiting and hope for best! USCIS received and gave receipt on sep 4th, i sent on aug 29th. I had sent to Arizona phoneix service center. On oct 11 they rerouted to CSC where my intial h1b went.

I placed a service request and immiediately in a week i have the result! I had placed the request as the applicant through the website (did not call up), and did not consult attorney or employer. After 90 days we can do that by ourself. Go here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do and follow the instruction and you are done.

My old case number says "On December 9, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER"

New case number still shows "Initial review"

I will get the details on the approval and post an update on it as well, how many years etc and regarding COS.

Hi Sandr01,

I hope you will hear a positive result on your case very soon. I Wish You Loads of Luck!!! You mentioned that you raised a request, Can we meaning Beneficiary call USCIS and raise the request? I was thinking that only Employer/Petitioner or Case Attorney's can do that? Could you please tell me the procedure how I can raise the request? What info. do i need to do that?

Thanks! a lot.

Sandra,

My Hearty Congratualations!!! to you. Wow! it looks like my wish worked for you :) :) You owe me a big party..... Please wish and pray for me too... my MTR reached USCIS CA Center on Oct 4th, 2013 so it is still not 90 days so I am not sure it will be good idea to open a request or not? But I am feeling pretty positve about the concept of MTR after seeing the result in your case... Your post has raised many hopes to all of us who are waiting on their MTR decisions.

Hey Guys, I WISH each and everyone of you on this forum thread Loads of Luck!!! and let's hope that we all hear positive news on our cases pretty soon....

Thanks!

Reddy

Hi Sandr1,

Kudos bro........It is a relief for you and hope for all us.......... if Could you post all you case details here, that will be great ....

When did you applied H1....denial reason....MTR date what docs attached........Did you change the client ......when did ur OPT end ......Did Uscis check anything with your client....

when you raised E request which receipt number you entered.......and which mailing zipcode (yours or attorney).....

Congrats once gain.......I see u will be second person got H1 after denial....... :)

Sandra,

My Hearty Congratualations!!! to you. Wow! it looks like my wish worked for you :) :) You owe me a big party..... Please wish and pray for me too... my MTR reached USCIS CA Center on Oct 4th, 2013 so it is still not 90 days so I am not sure it will be good idea to open a request or not? But I am feeling pretty positve about the concept of MTR after seeing the result in your case... Your post has raised many hopes to all of us who are waiting on their MTR decisions.

Hey Guys, I WISH each and everyone of you on this forum thread Loads of Luck!!! and let's hope that we all hear positive news on our cases pretty soon....

Thanks!

Reddy

Sandra,

I have a quick question to you? When you plcaed a request, What number did you eneter in the box for Reciept Number* ? Did you enter the Old H1B Case Number or New MTR Case Number? Please respond.

Thanks!

Reddy

Yes the wish worked for me :), you will get the visa as well, dont worry! Yah with this thread i hope people who are unfortunate enough to end up in this situation feel a bit more possitive and know when to expect results etc.

The receipt number i used is the new one that was given for the MTR as the form subtype is I290B Motion To Reconsider according to my case, and followed the remaining procedures.

@Viswakavi:  Thanks :) yeah MTR waiting is the hardest part. Here are the details of my case:-

Service center: CSC 

Applied H1B: Apr 5, 2013 (Regular Quota, premium) --> RFE received: Apr 22, 2013 regarding E-E relationship (lack of client letter) --> RFE Response: Jul 22, 2013

H1B Denial : Jul 31, 2013

Deadline to raise MTR : Sep 2, 2013 --> MTR Filed: Aug 29, 2013  (with I290B and filing fees Motion to Re-open)

Documents newly submitted with MTR: Client letter, and prime vendor contract agreement w/ client, plus an explanation letter stating why couldn't submit client letter initially during RFE (client was refusing due to policy)

MTR package Address: Phoenix service center (acc to the h1 denial form instruction)

Sep 4, 2013: USCIS sent receipt with new case number

Oct 11, 2013: USCIS updated against new case number "On October 11, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER that you filed"

After 90 days...

Dec 2, 2013: Raised erequest with new case number, form type I20B (according to my case it is motion to re-open), mailing zip code is our home address that was given as mailing address in h1b.

Dec 9, 2013: Old case status shows approved, new case number still same update on oct 11 2013.

Uscis did not check anything with the client, it was a smooth approval. I did not change client, but even if you have to it is ok, can file for ammendment. OPT wouldve ended next month.  It is necessary to maintain proper legal status on MTR as cap-gap is only valid if the h1b gets approved in the end.

@Viswakavi:  Thanks :) yeah MTR waiting is the hardest part. Here are the details of my case:-

Applied H1B: Apr 5, 2013 (Regular Quota, premium) --> RFE received: Apr 22, 2013 regarding E-E relationship (lack of client letter) --> RFE Response: Jul 22, 2013

Deadline to raise MTR : Sep 2, 2013 --> MTR Filed: Aug 29, 2013  (with I290B and filing fees Motion to Re-open)

Documents newly submitted with MTR: Client letter, and prime vendor contract agreement w/ client, plus an explanation letter stating why couldn't submit client letter initially during RFE (client was refusing due to policy)

MTR package Address: Phoenix service center (acc to the h1 denial form instruction)

Oct 11, 2013: USCIS updated against new case number "On October 11, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER that you filed"

After 90 days...

Dec 2, 2013: Raised erequest with new case number, form type I20B (according to my case it is motion to re-open), mailing zip code is our home address that was given as mailing address in h1b.

Dec 9, 2013: Old case status shows approved, new case number still same update on oct 11 2013.

Uscis did not check anything with the client, it was a smooth approval. I did not change client, but even if you have to it is ok, can file for ammendment. OPT wouldve ended next month.  It is necessary to maintain proper legal status on MTR as cap-gap is only valid if the h1b gets approved in the end.

Thanks Sandr1 it will help people who filed MTR with the same issue......once gain congrats

Hi  Sandr1,

Please  see the details below and correct me if any thing wrong for e-request

Receipt Number: MTR receipt number

Form Number : I290 B

Form Subtype: I290B- A reopen reconsider-----for MTR

Date file: MTR date filed right? is it a received date or  notice date on new receipt

Mailing Zip code: H1 mailing address Zipcode right?

Thanks

After 90 days...

@sandr01,

Congratulations for your H1b approval. 

I am in the same boat. My H1b got denied in June and I applied for MTR on 06/13/13. Today after exactly 6 months of wait, the status changed on my initial H1b receipt as :

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on December 12, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Did you see the same status or it directly changed to approved? I applied to VSC and I also raised a service request on Dec 12. Please let me know.

If any one else is in the same situation please let me know.

Yes the wish worked for me :), you will get the visa as well, dont worry! Yah with this thread i hope people who are unfortunate enough to end up in this situation feel a bit more possitive and know when to expect results etc.

The receipt number i used is the new one that was given for the MTR as the form subtype is I290B Motion To Reconsider according to my case, and followed the remaining procedures.

Thanks a lot! Sandr1. Enjoy your time.....Thanks to all your patient responses for the questions we keep asking you, great Job...You Rock!!!

Thanks again.

Reddy

@ViswaKavi

For MTR date I wrote the date my package was sent/filed ie 29th aug, and yes the mailing zipcode is your h1 address. Your details are correct.

They say to file erequest only after 90 days, which is the maximum processing time for MTR cases given by USCIS in their website. So if you are still within that time frame not sure if the request will be placed or not, but you can try i guess. Good luck :)

@sandr01,

Congratulations for your H1b approval. 

I am in the same boat. My H1b got denied in June and I applied for MTR on 06/13/13. Today after exactly 6 months of wait, the status changed on my initial H1b receipt as :

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on December 12, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Did you see the same status or it directly changed to approved? I applied to VSC and I also raised a service request on Dec 12. Please let me know.

If any one else is in the same situation please let me know.

For me it was straight approval on the old case number. One of my coworkers had an MTR last year, and had this experience of case "re-open". I read/was told that this is how MTR is usually done, even my employer was surprised at my straight approval. You are on the right track, it's your service request that helped pick your case back up again. You have waited a long time, hope u get it! Good luck.

Thanks a lot! Sandr1. Enjoy your time.....Thanks to all your patient responses for the questions we keep asking you, great Job...You Rock!!!

Thanks again.

Reddy

Thanks! I'm glad i could help everyone in someway, these times are hard and stressful, least i could do is answer questions! :) Good luck to you as well.

For me it was straight approval on the old case number. One of my coworkers had an MTR last year, and had this experience of case "re-open". I read/was told that this is how MTR is usually done, even my employer was surprised at my straight approval. You are on the right track, it's your service request that helped pick your case back up again. You have waited a long time, hope u get it! Good luck.

Thanks..Yes its been a very long wait..It took 6 months to get to this status..not sure now how long they will take for decision..any idea how long it took for your coworkers who faced this situation last year..I guess even the case center processing our case matters..may be CSC is faster than VSC..mine is VSC and I raised a service request every month after passing 90 days..this is my third request..now got to this stage :(

Thanks..Yes its been a very long wait..It took 6 months to get to this status..not sure now how long they will take for decision..any idea how long it took for your coworkers who faced this situation last year..I guess even the case center processing our case matters..may be CSC is faster than VSC..mine is VSC and I raised a service request every month after passing 90 days..this is my third request..now got to this stage :(

My coworker was a CSC as well, and after the case was re-opened there was no update for almost 3 months and so my employer called up USCIS and also sent an email, on that day itself the case got approved. As per your status update they should decide in 30 days, if not then either you/your employer/attorney call up USCIS to insist on an update on the case.

My coworker's MTR was in 2012, where the processing times were longer than now in 2013, and also no service request was involved, so your case is different, and wont take so much time. Be possitive and let's hope for the best and a quick result.

My coworker was a CSC as well, and after the case was re-opened there was no update for almost 3 months and so my employer called up USCIS and also sent an email, on that day itself the case got approved. As per your status update they should decide in 30 days, if not then either you/your employer/attorney call up USCIS to insist on an update on the case.

My coworker's MTR was in 2012, where the processing times were longer than now in 2013, and also no service request was involved, so your case is different, and wont take so much time. Be possitive and let's hope for the best and a quick result.

Finally...my H1b approved..:).. my employer got I797C notice today..online the status dint change..its same as reopened..

Finally...my H1b approved..:).. my employer got I797C notice today..online the status dint change..its same as reopened..

Wow! Congrats! on your H1B Approval h1baspirant9. Your deserve all the joy, have fun... Please post the additional details like Sandr1 posted above. What was the reason for your denial earlier? For how many years did they approve your H1B? Please provide all the details...

All these MTR approvals are making us to be very optimistic and very encourgaing to wait... I also heard from one of other friend that his MTR is also approved yesterday.

Lets hope we all get approvals....

Thanks!

Reddy

Congrats......Man.....How many years your notice approved for?

Please post all you case details here.....will help others....Mine is also VSC.....Dint see any reopen message on my H1 receipt........Only see Intial review message on MTR receipt.

Do you suggest any thing at this time.... I mean if i can call and askwhy it wasnt reopen yet or like ?

Please respond....

Once again congrats ..... :)

Service center: VSC 

Applied H1B: Apr 1, 2013 (Masters Quota, premium) --> RFE received: Apr 16, 2013 regarding E-E relationship (lack of client letter) --> RFE Response: May 6, 2013

H1B Denial : May 20, 2013

Reason for denial: Client contract ending soon before Oct 1.

Deadline to raise MTR : Jun 21, 2013 --> MTR Filed: Jun 13, 2013  (with I290B and filing fees Motion to Re-open)

Documents newly submitted with MTR: Client letter, explanation letter stating about contract extension

MTR package sent: VSC

Jun 21, 2013: USCIS sent receipt with new case number

After 90 days...

Kept raising service requests every month, raised total 3. Last was on Dec 9, 2013.

Dec 12, 2013: Old case status shows reopened, new case number still same update ‘Initial Review’.

Dec 16, 2013: Employer received I797C notice which says ‘Approval’, notice date: Dec 12, 2013, shows dates valid for 3 years. No change in online status..still the same as reopened.

After going through all this struggle for 8 months..finally got a positive result..

Good luck everyone who are waiting for MTR approvals.

Sandr01,

Did you receive your original packet? If yes, can you let me know how many days it took for you to receive it?

Sandr01,

Did you receive your original packet? If yes, can you let me know how many days it took for you to receive it?

I have not received it yet, my employer did not update me on this. I will find out and post. Congrats on you h1b visa :) well deserved relief after waiting so many months.

Hi

I never got the new Receipet number. But now exactly 3 months after filing the MTR, got this with my old number

"On December 17, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

i hope its approved now.

Archived