MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

My MTR Receipt still shows 'Initial Review' but my original receipt number (which was denied) changed to following status:

'At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.'

Sandr01: What's the online status on your 'original' receipt? The one which was denied. Is it still 'clock stopped'?

Thanks

Mine also says the same for the original receipt 'At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.'

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even i applied for MTR no updates for me either. 3 months completed, still in intial review. please update here if some one got approved.

3 months and nothing yet? After 90 days you can contact uscis to submit a request on your case, perhaps that will expedite things. Is this your first time h1b? Wait times vary, but this is ridiculous to keep waiting to no end like this, what was your service center? Vermont or Cali ? did your lawyer/company send it directly to service center or thru arizona?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My H 1 B was denied in July 2013 and appeal i 290 b was applied in August 2013. Now my H 1 B i 129 case doesn't show up on-line on case Status USC-IS website and i 290 b is in initial review now, what does that mean?

Please help me understand this.

Old H1B Case status : "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information."

New appeal case status : "On August 13, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

Hello,

My H 1 B was denied in July 2013 and appeal i 290 b was applied in August 2013. Now my H 1 B i 129 case doesn't show up on-line on case Status USC-IS website and i 290 b is in initial review now, what does that mean?

Please help me understand this.

Old H1B Case status : "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information."

New appeal case status : "On August 13, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

Welcome to the wait line buddy, we are all in same situation. My guess is that our old case number is withdrawn as we have a new one pending. The initial review is what all of us have as well, application is waiting to be reviewed by an officer. It's on a first come first serve basis, so ours must be stacked up against all other applications. MTR as per website should be done in 90 days and i read appeals are done within 6 months max, MTR should be faster.

What is your service center? Mine is CA, i sent my package Aug 29th and in initial review.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  All ,

Need your valuable adivce as i could not get proper direction.

My Case : H1 B extension applied--->RFE-->RFE Answered--> Riceved H1B Denial.

Case : H1B

I-797 Valid : Till Sept 25th 2013.

H1B  Extension applied : Sept 23rd 2013 through Premimum processing.

RFE Riceved : Oct 20th 2013

RFE Answered : Nov 15th 2013.

H1B Denied and Riceved Denail Notice : Nov 27th 2013.

Reason for Denial : Employer-Employee relations ship. Missing Client supporting doucmetation.

My I-94 Expried on Sept 25h 2013. I have been working on the H1 Extension Ricepet number as suggested by Employer/Attorney.

What are my Options now .

Q1 : Do i need to leave the country as do not have the Status ?

Q2 :My Employer saying that we can 'appeal or Motion" . With this option can i still work or stop working ?

Q3 : Incase of H1 Denail case , will there by any grace period to stay in U.S.

Any information  / suggetions are greatly appreciated.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance,

Pavan.

Hello Friends...I am in a similar situation and I have not been receiving any updates at all from my employer.

My H1 B visa got denied in July 2013 and my employer filed an MTR (I-290B) in August 2013. I got a new reciept number and its been more than 3 months since the MTR was filed and the status shows as Initial Review. Recently, I tracked the status using my initial I-129 reciept number and it says "On November 18, 2013, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. "

My question is which status do I go by? The new MTR reciept number status which shows as "Initial Review" or the old I-129 reciept number status. I am very confused and will be very thankful if anyone could help me out with this confusion.Thanks!

Hello Friends...I am in a similar situation and I have not been receiving any updates at all from my employer.

My H1 B visa got denied in July 2013 and my employer filed an MTR (I-290B) in August 2013. I got a new reciept number and its been more than 3 months since the MTR was filed and the status shows as Initial Review. Recently, I tracked the status using my initial I-129 reciept number and it says "On November 18, 2013, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. "
My question is which status do I go by? The new MTR reciept number status which shows as "Initial Review" or the old I-129 reciept number status. I am very confused and will be very thankful if anyone could help me out with this confusion.Thanks!

This is very confusing indeed, previously on your old receipt were you seeing a different status? The thing is, usually an udpate is to be expected on the current MTR receipt no, and then they do update the old case status as well. I hope this doesn't mean your h1b is still denied, call up uscis and report this problem theyw ill tell you clearly

My employer informed me yesterday that they have received the Denial notice. 8 months of wait and a disappointing result in the end!!

Really sorry to hear that. I know how frustating it is.

Which service center was it? VSC or CA? Also, which date in august did your MTR reach USCIS?

Mine reached on 28th Aug and haven't heard anything uptil now.

My employer informed me yesterday that they have received the Denial notice. 8 months of wait and a disappointing result in the end!!

Sorry to hear this i know it's too dissapointing after such a long struggle and wait. I hope you find a better project or employer for the next year. If you can then please elt us know what service center and your rfe, so we all can get an idea of what are the possibilities in our case.

Hi Sandr01,

You mentioned that your MTR date  is on 29th aug, its been three months right.Did you get a chance to talk to USCIS and raise a service request on you behalf.

Can you update your case status here?

Thanks

Yes i have raised a request. USCIS has said within 30 days time they will let me know what is going on with my case. They didnt exactly say they will give a result, but just an update on the progress. Nothing changed so far, status still shows the same 'Initial Review'.

Yes i have raised a request. USCIS has said within 30 days time they will let me know what is going on with my case. They didnt exactly say they will give a result, but just an update on the progress. Nothing changed so far, status still shows the same 'Initial Review'.

Hi Sandr01,

I hope you will hear a positive result on your case very soon. I Wish You Loads of Luck!!! You mentioned that you raised a request, Can we meaning Beneficiary call USCIS and raise the request? I was thinking that only Employer/Petitioner or Case Attorney's can do that? Could you please tell me the procedure how I can raise the request? What info. do i need to do that?

Thanks! a lot.

ReddyMK

Pavan,

Sorry to hear that your MTR is denied bro. Could you please let us know where was your MTR sent? Is it Vermont Service Center or CA Service Center? What date USCIS received your MTR? Please let us know this..

Thanks!

ReddyMK

Sandr01: Did you put in the 'Service Request' yourself or through your attorney? Did you call on their support number or did you fill up the online form?

My attorney had to call them up several times to put in the request and finally we were told the same thing...that we need to wait and they will give an update...not exactly the result itself.

GREAT NEWS GUYS!! I got the h1b approved! Keep waiting and hope for best! USCIS received and gave receipt on sep 4th, i sent on aug 29th. I had sent to Arizona phoneix service center. On oct 11 they rerouted to CSC where my intial h1b went.

I placed a service request and immiediately in a week i have the result! I had placed the request as the applicant through the website (did not call up), and did not consult attorney or employer. After 90 days we can do that by ourself. Go here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do and follow the instruction and you are done.

My old case number says "On December 9, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER"

New case number still shows "Initial review"

I will get the details on the approval and post an update on it as well, how many years etc and regarding COS.

GREAT NEWS GUYS!! I got the h1b approved! Keep waiting and hope for best! USCIS received and gave receipt on sep 4th, i sent on aug 29th. I had sent to Arizona phoneix service center. On oct 11 they rerouted to CSC where my intial h1b went.

I placed a service request and immiediately in a week i have the result! I had placed the request as the applicant through the website (did not call up), and did not consult attorney or employer. After 90 days we can do that by ourself. Go here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do and follow the instruction and you are done.

My old case number says "On December 9, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER"

I will get the details on the approval and post an update on it as well, how many years etc and regarding COS.

That's an AWESOME and well deserved news Sandr01 ! Congratulations....Party hard :-)

You got the result within a week of placing service request...that's amazing !

Please keep us posted.

Good to Hear from you ! All the best :) 

Just want to make sure 90 days includes non- working days as well right?

Archived