MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

On 12/21/2016 at 4:04 AM, Neha07 said:

Hi Ravi,

My Petition was denied on Nov 16th and MTR was filed on 16th Dec, 2016. Reason for denial was Employer-employee relationship(expired SOW). Can I expect the decission to come by January or february end atleast.

Were you from the Masters category or regular?

Thanks,

Neha

Hi Neha,

There is no processing time for MTR. My H1B was filed under Masters quota. My MTR is pending for almost 5 months. It's still in Initial review status. It's a long wait to get a decision, most likely 3-9 months. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my MTR story...

H-1B Applied : April 1, 2016, (Masters Quota)

RFE: May 12, 2016 (EE Relationship)

Denial: August 1, 2016 (End date 12/16)

MTR: August 30 2016 (Applied with  a new client letter with an end date many years into the future)

Raised SR: Dec 2, 2016 - no response

We also sent an expedite request on the same day - no response to that either and the customer service was willing to share info only with the petitioner.

Contacted CIS Ombudsman: Dec 22, 2016 with supporting documents that justifies financial loss to company/myself and loss of productivity.  (I did this myself and obtained supporting docs from the company)

CIS Ombudsman requested USCIS to expedite case: Dec 27, 2016

MTR Approved: Dec 29, 2016

H-1B Approved: Dec 29, 2016.

(Online status still shows as Form received on the MTR and Case reopened on the H-1B Case but Ombudsman was informed both were approved CoB Dec 29th and I got the email first thing Dec 30th)

Hope this helps. I see many folks waiting beyond 90 days and have no response even after raising SR multiple times. I'd suggest taking the help of CIS Ombudsman (assuming you can prove how dire your situation is).

Good Luck and a Happy New Year!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 3:04 AM, Neha07 said:

Hi Ravi,

My Petition was denied on Nov 16th and MTR was filed on 16th Dec, 2016. Reason for denial was Employer-employee relationship(expired SOW). Can I expect the decission to come by January or february end atleast.

Were you from the Masters category or regular?

Thanks,

Neha

Hi Neha,

Replied via inbox.

Yes I am from Master's quota.

It depends how strong the documentation while applying MTR it might take anywhere from 1 week to 3 months. Appeal takes longer time than MTR.

• 3 weeks later...

My case : Reason for denial is "Petitioner fail to respond to uscis within the allotted date". 

RFE date : October 6th 2016

RFE submitted : 28th December 2016( my employer says it was submitted)

REF deadline : 29th December 2016 ( as per the RFE notice)

Denial date : 25th Jan 2017

MTR deadline : 22nd Feb 2017

My employers attorney is yet to file for MTR. 

1)Is anyone with similar case? Could you please let me know if filling an MTR is appropriate in my case?

2)How long will it take to get any response?

Thanks

Yogesh

Archived