• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RFE denied - aug8th

MTR (Motion to reopened) - Sept 5th

My status got updated today

Old status(I129)

On September 23, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

New status(I290)

Still in intial review

Any idea what it means

Thanks

Hi Dinesh, Any updates on your case so far?

Hi, My H1b petition was denied after RFE in September 2014. Have filed MTR yet to get receipt number. Reason for denial was specialty occupation. Does anyone have any idea of the current processing timelines?

Hi swash123,

My H1B petition was also denied due to Speciality Occupation reason.

RFE date: May 1, 2014.

RFE Response Date: July 8, 2014.

Denial: July 21, 2014.

MTR Filed on: August 20, 2014.

Status Updated on Old (I129 Application) receipt number - Post Activity Decision (Decision in 30 Days) : September 22, 2014.

No Status update on new receipt (I290B MTR) number ( initial review).

Waiting for decision.

Thanks.

Hi swash123,

Status Updated on Old (I129 Application) receipt number - Post Activity Decision (Decision in 30 Days) : September 22, 2014.

Waiting for decision.

Thanks.

Hiii Ish,

Any updates so far?

Hi swash123,

Waiting for decision.

Thanks.

Hiii Ish,

Any updates so far?

No Updates on Any of the receipt numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My H1B petition got rejected on july 30, 2014 after submitting a reply to RFE. Reason is speciality occupation. Filed MTR and it reached USCIS on sept 4, 2014 and still showing 'Initial review'. Anyone got approval in this year MTR ?

Thanks

Hi Sandeep, have you checked your old case number. If it has been reopened you will see an update on your old case number.

Hello everyone,

I just got to knew about this thread and got to knew about this just at the right time when I am sailing in the same boat as of all of you. 

First of all congratulations to everyone who got their MTRs approved. 

Below is the status for the old receipt number as well as the new receipt number and I would appreciate the feedback on what exactly my status should be, based on the statuses below: 

Old Receipt # : On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

New Receipt #: On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 30, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

Thanks in advance!

Hi swash123,

Waiting for decision.

Thanks.

Hi Ish106

Any updates on your case so far? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I just got to knew about this thread and got to knew about this just at the right time when I am sailing in the same boat as of all of you. 

First of all congratulations to everyone who got their MTRs approved. 

Below is the status for the old receipt number as well as the new receipt number and I would appreciate the feedback on what exactly my status should be, based on the statuses below: 

Old Receipt # : On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

New Receipt #: On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 30, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

Thanks in advance!

Hey tina1988

When did you file the MTR? Also check with your employer he may have received notice. Normally they communicate the decision on old case number if they do at all.

Hey tina1988

When did you file the MTR? Also check with your employer he may have received notice. Normally they communicate the decision on old case number if they do at all.

Hi Swash123,

I filed the MTR on August 21st 2014. 

I am confused after looking at the earlier posts in which for the new receipt number (i.e. I290B)  it says approved and for the old receipt number (i.e I129) it says denied and it still the MTR states to be denied at the end. 

Archived