MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys My case denied. My status is still showing initial review. Uscis never updated it. They told my employer that my case was rejected in early February, but they forgot to mail me the denial letter despite raising 2 service requests. Anyways I am filing a new petition.

Tip: People who are filing a new petition with the same employer while your 2013 MTR still pending. The day, your new case is picked up in lottery, it is suggested to pull back your MTR case.

Hope for the best people. Thanks for the updates.

Guys My case denied. My status is still showing initial review. Uscis never updated it. They told my employer that my case was rejected in early February, but they forgot to mail me the denial letter despite raising 2 service requests. Anyways I am filing a new petition.

Tip: People who are filing a new petition with the same employer while your 2013 MTR still pending. The day, your new case is picked up in lottery, it is suggested to pull back your MTR case.

Sorry that the MTR didn't work out for you.. I Hope it works out for you this year. 

I do not understand the reason to pullout the 2013 MTR. I am sure it would not affect as i strongly feel that they are independent  in nature. 

I am sorry to hear about your denial. All the best.

Thx.

Sorry that the MTR didn't work out for you.. I Hope it works out for you this year. 

Guys, can anyone please confirm what happened to my h1...

My old receipt says : On March 20, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of March 20, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

New receipt says :On March 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Guys, can anyone please confirm what happened to my h1...

My old receipt says : On March 20, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of March 20, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

New receipt says :On March 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

That means your MTR has been approved.

I do not understand the reason to pullout the 2013 MTR. I am sure it would not affect as i strongly feel that they are independent  in nature. 

I am sorry to hear about your denial. All the best.

Thx.

I spoke to a muthy lawyer and he suggested me to remove it once new h1 petition is picked in lottery

Hi

Veena here

I applied for h1b in Apr'2013

Got a query(RFE) in Sept'5th

Responded in Nov 20th

After RFE response got denial notice.

On January 15, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of January 15, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.o

Appealed in Feb,2014

Status changed as

On March 10, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of March 10, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

Recent Status showing like this

On March 21, 2014, the post office returned your document I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from March 21, 2014, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

My questions

Do we get any New receipt number for appeal of h1b?

What does the recent status mean?

please senior members can suggest on my status.

Thanks

Hi

Veena here

I applied for h1b in Apr'2013

Got a query(RFE) in Sept'5th

Responded in Nov 20th

After RFE response got denial notice.

On January 15, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of January 15, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.o

Appealed in Feb,2014

Status changed as

On March 10, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of March 10, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

Recent Status showing like this

On March 21, 2014, the post office returned your document I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from March 21, 2014, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

My questions

Do we get any New receipt number for appeal of h1b?

What does the recent status mean?

please senior members can suggest on my status.

Thanks

Hi Veena,

If I understand this correctly, your case has been appealed in January and  the   MTR has been rejected in March. This is the case status of your original receipt number. Your  next step is apply new H1-b in coming April. When you have received a denial notice in March , have you re-appealed against it?

We all receive  new EAC number for MTR appeals to track our status. But the status  updates like denials or Approvals are made against the original application of this H1B recipient.  i.e., original I-129 petition made . So, if you are tracking these updates against your original EAC number then you are fine

Thanks

Hi Ramya

my employer has mailed me saying his attorney is busy ,he asked him to look into case immediately.The reason for denial--

he has kept in the designation as software engineer when compared to software developer min qualification is bachelor in computers but mine is bachelor in commerce with 2 yrs PG Diploma in CS(computer science).

After which I have done my MSc(computers).

Employer has not mentioned anything about H1b petition returned, will followup with him.

thanks.

Hi Ramya,

Am checking my status by old WAC number only ,still not received any new receipt number for appeal.No We have not reappealed.

Can we reappeal?If appeal is denied.

Yes, you can re-appeal for an appeal again.. but I think your time for appeal has passed over 15 days (from March 10th).

If it is for any kind of status updates, it always shows in  old receipt number 

Hi Allstars

Can u please tell me what did ur attorney say about ur case status.

Thanks

Guys - Finally Good News!! My motion to reopen got approved for 1 year with Change of Status :-) 

What's weird is that none of the online status got changed (neither the status for denied petition nor the one for I-290B petition)

My employer received a courtesy copy of I-797c today.

It says that the official notice will be mailed out to the attorney.

Details:

Vermont SC

MTR date: August 28, 2013

Denial Reason: Lack of Client letter

We submitted the client letter, along with all the work orders when we filed I-290 B.

My new petition also got picked up in the lottery.

Words cannot express how stressful last couple of months have been.

Good luck to all of you! Please don't loose hope.

Archived