H1B Extension Doubt:: Help

rrajesh

HI All, 

I recently got my H1b extension approved in PP, my current h1 expires on nov 22, 2013, my new approved h1 starts from Nov 23, 2013, so can i go for my h1 visa stamping in october with my current h1 for new approved h1 stamping which starts from Nov 2013. ?? Is that possible, or do i need to wait until my new approved h1 start date (After Nov 22) for stamping ??

please do let me know, 

Appreciate your help

HI All, 

I recently got my H1b extension approved in PP, my current h1 expires on nov 22, 2013, my new approved h1 starts from Nov 23, 2013, so can i go for my h1 visa stamping in october with my current h1 for new approved h1 stamping which starts from Nov 2013. ?? Is that possible, or do i need to wait until my new approved h1 start date (After Nov 22) for stamping ??

please do let me know, 

Appreciate your help

You could go for a visa stamping. But, I would go a couple of weeks before the extension start date.

@Rajesh, as far as i know you can go and get your stamping done with your future approved petetion. I believe (based on one of my firend's experience) you have to provide your new petetion details in DS 160 and when you go for your visa stamping you would give them your current and future approved petetion. I am positive this is what happened to my friend and he got his visa stamping done. Good Luck!

K

• 2 weeks later...

@Rajesh, as far as i know you can go and get your stamping done with your future approved petetion. I believe (based on one of my firend's experience) you have to provide your new petetion details in DS 160 and when you go for your visa stamping you would give them your current and future approved petetion. I am positive this is what happened to my friend and he got his visa stamping done. Good Luck!

K

hi...i have the same situation, but i already submitted my DS 160 with current petition and scheduled an appointment. Do i need to submit another DS 160 with future petition? any idea about how it updates?

Archived