Multiple H1b

tina30

Hi,

I have applied for 3 H1s this year as there were chances of lottery being held and I wanted to increase my probability f getting in the lotter.

I was luck and all my petitions got selected in the lottery.

I have received a RFE for all the petitions. The RFE for one of the petition states that I have filed multiple H1s this year.

The other 2 RFEs are standard RFE.

Would it be a good idea to respond to all 3 as I am not sure which one would get an approval ? 

What should I do in this case ? 

Hi,

If you could post here what happened to your case, it will be helpful for some people who might be seeking this forum

for some help. What happened to your RFE's? Thanks

Hi,

If you could post here what happened to your case, it will be helpful for some people who might be seeking this forum

for some help. What happened to your RFE's? Thanks

What is very helpful is the fact that having multiple applications is a bad thing.

Commit to one employer.

What's your RFE?? Forget about the OP, he won't reply.

I don't have any RFE. I am just trying to be cautious as I got two genuine offers and confused to stick with whom.

What is very helpful is the fact that having multiple applications is a bad thing.

Commit to one employer.

Yes I can understand multiple applications may trigger RFE's but this one says it is legal

http://www.murthy.com/2014/01/13/is-it-legal-to-file-for-h1b-through-multiple-employers/

I don't have any RFE. I am just trying to be cautious as I got two genuine offers and confused to stick with whom.

Yes I can understand multiple applications may trigger RFE's but this one says it is legal

http://www.murthy.com/2014/01/13/is-it-legal-to-file-for-h1b-through-multiple-employers/

And? I've never said that it isn't legal.

It just won't increase your chances, and it can decrease your chances if RFEs are triggered.

Most people falsely think that multiple applications would increase their chances, so they do stuff like paying for an additional H1, or getting some shady consulting company to file an additional H1 with a fake "in-house" project.

Even for legitimate duplicate applications, there could be the issue of having legal commitments to all employers, since if a person is selected, all of the applications for the person would get selected and approved (or denied.)

So, I stand by my statement that committing to one employer is the best thing.

And? I've never said that it isn't legal.

It just won't increase your chances, and it can decrease your chances if RFEs are triggered.

Most people falsely think that multiple applications would increase their chances, so they do stuff like paying for an additional H1, or getting some shady consulting company to file an additional H1 with a fake "in-house" project.

Even for legitimate duplicate applications, there could be the issue of having legal commitments to all employers, since if a person is selected, all of the applications for the person would get selected and approved (or denied.)

So, I stand by my statement that committing to one employer is the best thing.

I completely understand and agree that it won't increase any chances.

There can't be legitimate duplicate applications. Duplicate is filing more than one application for the same employee

by the same employer. And a person can't be selected in the lottery. Since the employer is the beneficiary here and not the

employee in the lottery system. You are wrong. Lottery is based on employer's petition not individual person. So there

are cases where all petitions got selected for the same employee(it depends on their luck). There is nothing like if you got

multiple petitions by different employers will all get selected(or denied).  

I completely understand and agree that it won't increase any chances.

There can't be legitimate duplicate applications. Duplicate is filing more than one application for the same employee

by the same employer. And a person can't be selected in the lottery. Since the employer is the beneficiary here and not the

employee in the lottery system. You are wrong. Lottery is based on employer's petition not individual person. So there

are cases where all petitions got selected for the same employee(it depends on their luck). There is nothing like if you got

multiple petitions by different employers will all get selected(or denied).  

No, I am not wrong.

Multiple applications are detected before the lottery. It is trivial to check who the beneficiary is. And USCIS has to do that, to detect illegal applications by the same employee for the same beneficiary.

From that on, it is a very trivial database query to find all applications for a particular beneficiary. If you don't get that, I suggest learning a bit about databases.

And evidence from last year shows that for people with multiple applications, all applications got selected.

The bottom line: Multiple applications do NOT increase the chances.

They decrease the chances because USCIS will suspect foul play.

I understand that people who have fraudulent applications, or who paid for the applications, don't like to hear that.

But it is true nonetheless. Multiple applications do NOT increase the chances.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have applied for 3 H1s this year as there were chances of lottery being held and I wanted to increase my probability f getting in the lotter.

I have received a RFE for all the petitions. The RFE for one of the petition states that I have filed multiple H1s this year.

Would it be a good idea to respond to all 3 as I am not sure which one would get an approval ? 

Hi, I assume the RFE is generally sent to Employer or Attorney (and not to Employee), so surprised, how can they be asked regarding filing multiple applications, which is generally an employee's choice.

This way they are letting Consultancy know that you have applied for two offers, isn't it?

Hi,

I think it will be a favor to many of the users, if you can let know what happened to your case?

Archived