Confusion on VISA status online: Please help.

dsk1978

I had my Visa appointment on 10th September, VO said he needs more time to decide my case, My passport was returned back & was put on administrative processing.

On 16th I got a mail from Consulate asking me to submit my passport. I had submitted my passport to the consulate on 17th.

But I see the status of my Visa was updated on 18th September & still says " Administrative processing" . I am confused if my Visa is approved Or still under processing? If processing why should they ask for my passport? 

Can anyone please help? 

@ Kalyan, I had my visa interview in Shanghai ,China. The process here is different. They send our passports to a designated local banks & only way you could track them is through ustraveldocs.com. DO you have any suggestion from your side? 

I was actually given the Pink slip, VO took my resume & Client letter, gave back my passport. 

@ Kalyan, I had my visa interview in Shanghai ,China. The process here is different. They send our passports to a designated local banks & only way you could track them is through ustraveldocs.com. DO you have any suggestion from your side? 

I was actually given the Pink slip, VO took my resume & Client letter, gave back my passport. 

i have no suggestion for you in this regard - this is my first H1 stamping. and 2nd stamping overall.... i work fulltime so i was not expecting any issue at all.... but i got 221g yellow...its been exactly a week today...no email yet..

guess i just have to wait.

@Kalynan, I see that you received 221g in Vancouver. Is it because you are from TAL list? As i read you are a FTE and you shouldn't have had any issues unless you are from tal list. Hence want to check with you. Thanks, k!

@kd - i went to Toronto, not to Vancover. i have my MS - in mechanical engineering, although i get a degree as MS in Mechanical & Aerospace engineering. the VO didnt tell me that it was due to TAL. Although he asked about if my MS was research based, what topic etc..... i did my research in nano porus materials (aerogels)...i work in auto industry now... i dont know if i fall under TAL - maybe i do .... or maybe they think why the hell i am in the autoindustry after working on nano materials....idk...i wasnt given a reason and i didnt ask also... VO said "we need to do some administrative processing. it usually takes 4-6 weeks"

Okay, usually if they said that it would take 4-6 weeks then I believe it is because of TAL. The reason I am looking in that way as you said above you have done your masters in aerospace..May be? Here is the tal list which I found and aerospace is listed in this list. I am sorry, If I am providing wrong info but this is what I think. But I am positive you will get clearance in a week or two.

http://www.bu.edu/isso/forms/tal.pdf

Thanks for clarification.

K

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, usually if they said that it would take 4-6 weeks then I believe it is because of TAL. The reason I am looking in that way as you said above you have done your masters in aerospace..May be? Here is the tal list which I found and aerospace is listed in this list. I am sorry, If I am providing wrong info but this is what I think. But I am positive you will get clearance in a week or two.

http://www.bu.edu/isso/forms/tal.pdf

Thanks for clarification.

K

@KD - i did my MS in mechanical engineering....bu the degree is awarded as Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering because both are combined to form single department. my area of research is based on new nano tech material which might fall into TAL...although its not called in the list from the link you provided.... the list in that link is from 2002 which is about the time this material was being developed.

Archived