I290B approved, original I129 case status shows reopend

arrjunk

Hi, 

My initial H1-b got denied since we haven't submitted a Client letter. My employer filed an MTR on AUG 1 2013  with client letter and contractual agreements between vendor-client and additional letters from vendor (EVC Model).

And these are the status for both the Case numbers.

On September 11, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

On September 11, 2013, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened

What does this mean??

Appreciate your responses.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

My initial H1-b got denied since we haven't submitted a Client letter. My employer filed an MTR on AUG 1 2013  with client letter and contractual agreements between vendor-client and additional letters from vendor (EVC Model).

On September 11, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

On September 11, 2013, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened

What does this mean??

congratulations! this means you got your h1b. MTR has been approved, good luck!!

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

What does this mean??

By the way this msg does not means you h1 approve its mean that your request for reopen case is approved so you h1 case reopen.

Did you got your h1 approve? when immidiealty after this message? 

I am in same boat my MTR receipt number not didn't not update but previous h1 receipt number says you case was reopen and we will reconsider our previous decision.

Let me know if you faced any of this before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What did you saw on your both the receipt number before this update? Mine MTR still shows initial Review but old receipt says they are reopen the case and review their previous decision. Have you seen the same? or similar 

Can you Please share your experience.

HI , I have the same Issue. I also filed MTR and my MTR status show Initial Review and old receipt number show Post decesion activity.

Will you please let me know what happened with your case as we both are in the same boat.Also how long does uscis takes to give the decison once said reopened.

Here is the status messages for both 

MTR(I-290B):

Initial Review

On July 24, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Old Receipt(I-129)

Post Decision Activity

On January 15, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Hi, I am in the same boat.

On August 12, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice.

On January 14, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above

Still waiting for update from USCIS.

Hi, I am in the same boat.

On August 12, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice.

On January 14, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above

Still waiting for update from USCIS.

Hi, Please let me know the status about your case as soon as you receive any update.

HI , I have the same Issue. I also filed MTR and my MTR status show Initial Review and old receipt number show Post decesion activity.

Will you please let me know what happened with your case as we both are in the same boat.Also how long does uscis takes to give the decison once said reopened.

Here is the status messages for both 

MTR(I-290B):

Initial Review

On July 24, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Old Receipt(I-129)

Post Decision Activity

On January 15, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Any Update????

I am still waiting......

My OLD number says: On February 7, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

My New receipt says: Initial status.

I don't know, is it denied after they considered my appeal or still they will consider my appeal and  make decision?

My OLD number says: On February 7, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

My New receipt says: Initial status.

I don't know, is it denied after they considered my appeal or still they will consider my appeal and  make decision?

Sorry to hear that its denied...I think they have given you the appeal decision..hope for the best on my application

Hi 

My H1B got denied. I applied MTR . This is the Updated status ... What it means ????

Initial Review

On October 23, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice

Post Decision Activity

On February 7, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

Hi 

My H1B got denied. I applied MTR . This is the Updated status ... What it means ????

Initial Review

On October 23, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice

Post Decision Activity

On February 7, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

Hey which center did you send you application to? VSC or CSC? Please let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Initial Review

Post Decision Activity

Hi, was your I290B ever approved? I am in the same situation...I129 was reopened but I290B is still in initial review.

Thank you

I am in same boat as MSSQL with exact same dates and status, please let us know if you have any updates.

I will also update if I see any update in my case.

h1seeker_2013, I see you are in a similar situation...any update on your case? Thank you.

• 8 months later...

Hello Guys,

I am in same boat..i have filed I-290B appeal on Sep 3rd 2014 and on nov 5th i saw change of case status on old receipt as your I-129 has been reopened...last week on thursday i.e on Nov 27th i saw an update on case status on New receipt as your I-290B has been approved and we will mail your approval notice...

What does this indicates?..

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have filed I290B for my I129 petition denial of USCIS on Sep24th 2019, I290B received by USCIS in October month since from October i have no update till Feb 4th 2020, On Feb 4th, 2020, my original denial case was updated to We reviewed your appeal for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and decided to reopen or reconsider our denial of your case.It is actively being reviewed.

on February 5th case was updated to, on Feb 04th 2020 We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. An approval notice was mailed to you.

Within one hour again case was updated to On February 4, 2020, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 5, 2020. Please e-request.

Please somebody help me what is going on with my case, Does USCIS will send me two different notices? since both updates updated within one hour. what should i do? Please advise. Thanks in advance.