All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mehtap

H1 stamping in india

Hello,

I had done my H1 stamping when I visited India in 2010.

I have the same emplyer and same client till now. I am planning to visit India again, and will need to get my visa re-stamped for the same employer-client.

Would there be any issues in stamping, considering my visa were approved with the USCIS with the same employer and client ?

Thanks

PM

No one can what issues you can face.. You are not eligible for drop box for sure because it has been close to 3 yrs since your stamping expired..

Yo are eligible for stamping.

Four conditions are:

Previous stamping should have been in India.

No 221G issues.

Same petitioner (Employer).

Visa should not be expired for more than 365 days.

Yes after the visa expiration and within one year period you are eligible for drop box ... To be sure you can always visit consulate website .

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/howtoapply/interview-waiver-program.html

Interview Waiver for H1-B and Individual L1-A and L1-B Visa Holders

If you hold an H1-B or Individual L1-A or L1-B visa that is still valid or expired within the last 12 months, you may qualify for the Interview Waiver Program.  To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same.  You must present a current, valid I-129, LCA, Petitioner Letter to USCIS and pay slips showing your salary for the preceding three (3) months. 

I have specific travel plans to attend my brother's marriage in Nov and I have got only 3 weeks of leave. My H1B is extended and approved fro 7th year extension after my company has filed my GC last year.

I need to apply for a stamping now and I do not want to avail the drop box as I do not want to take any risk of delaying the stamping for any reason. Can I still apply for a consular interview even though I qualify for the drop box program?

When I click on "Yes" to all checklist in the profile, it does not allow me to schedule that. So can I check "No" and proceed with Visa interview schedule?

Will this be a problem in anycase??