Marriage Based Interview Questions

mihirdave83

Good afternoon,

I have an interview scheduled with my spouse (she's a citizen) for marriage based Green card application. Can someone please list few generic questions that we can expect for this interview? We are already all set with the questions and what all documents we need to carry and produce for evidence in case they ask, but still it's never a harm to get as much as input as needed. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mihir

Actually, they will ask the questions on the petition. Partly, to check if the answers to certain questions have changed. Generally speaking, the shorter your marriage, the more questions they will ask. You need to show both the formal side of relationship (joint accounts, family cell phone plan, lease or home ownership, etc) and social, mainly to see that you are not hiding your marriage from family and friends.

Thanks Belle,

yes we got married in May 14th and had our petition filed by June 1st week. We have a joint bank statement for a savings account and me and my wife listed on my car's driver's insurance and joitn name for utilities. I hope that's enough plus a lots and lots of photographs to prove our marriage is genuine and also. I hope joint bank savings account, utilities bill and proof of insurance is more than enough.

Mihir

Belle,

Thank you so much for the input :) Our marriage is genuine and we are all set but you know how you are always a bit nervous coz these kinda interviews are always different from job interviews but keeping my fingers crossed and pray God will keep you posted in a day or so with the outcome. God bless!

Thanks

Mihir

Good afternoon everyone!!

Great news! The interview took place this morning and hardly less than 5 minutes into the interview heard the golden words "Your GC is approved" you will recieve it in couple of weeks in mail :) Also got an email notification on the case status regarding the GC in production.

Thanks Murthy Law Forum and all it's knowledgeable members for their input.

Mihir

Archived