Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto consulate's yellow sheet 221 g processing times are more or less 48-56 days! If you in TAL list then wish you a good luck...! Only one place could expedite your case is Washington DC!. Any senator's office could not do anything for you..! They could sympathize about your case. One thing everyone could do, to call FBI office to take initiative. First step starts there. I called every other office yesterday and learned those things .... You could google the numbers and start calling them.

We can now conclude your application for a nonimmigrant visa.  Within ninety (90) days of this notice please return the items listed below either through Loomis courier service to the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit, 225 Simcoe Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1S4, OR you may appear with them in person at 225 Simcoe St., any Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., excluding U.S. and Canadian holidays. Instructions on how to obtain a pre-paid Loomis waybill may be obtained at https://www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/ls/us_courier_information -

Finally I got it after 50 th day!!! I am going to submit my passport today...

First update was on 16th October

Second Update was on 4th November

Third Update was on November 18th

Still waiting for 50 days.... Toronto consulate is a hopeless consulate...

Congrats NIVApplicant, saw your update on "checkee" - Your wait is over, happy for you. (It's time to share the happiness with your family). 

Keep us updating & give us a little light.

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM) - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622

Just got my clearance email asking me to submit the passport!

Dates so far:

Appointment: 24th October

Received Green 221G asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information

Submitted information: 28th October

1st Updated Date change on CEAC website: Nov 4th

2nd Updated Date change on CEAC website: Nov 18th

Clearance email received: Nov 19th.

Going to try and submit passport today as they have asked to do it by 2.30 pm on Tuesday or Thursday. Will update checkee once I get the visa!

Good luck to everyone. My app is just one data point but it does appear that things are moving.

NIVApplicant: You said "One thing everyone could do, to call FBI office to take initiative. First step starts there. I called every other office yesterday and learned those things .... You could google the numbers and start calling them."

I have not read about this before. Could you explain who you called, and what you asked them for everyone's benefit? 

ust got my clearance email asking me to submit the passport!

Appointment: 30th October

Received Green&Yellow 221G asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information & Admin processing.

Submitted information: NOV 1st

Good luck to you all!

Toronto consulate's yellow sheet 221 g processing times are more or less 48-56 days! If you in TAL list then wish you a good luck...! Only one place could expedite your case is Washington DC!. Any senator's office could not do anything for you..! They could sympathize about your case. One thing everyone could do, to call FBI office to take initiative. First step starts there. I called every other office yesterday and learned those things .... You could google the numbers and start calling them.

I really don't know if that number is accurate across all cases.

It will be 56 days for me tomorrow and I have't heard from them.

Congratulations to you though!!

ust got my clearance email asking me to submit the passport!

Appointment: 30th October

Received Green&Yellow 221G asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information & Admin processing.

Submitted information: NOV 1st

Good luck to you all!

Just got my clearance email asking me to submit the passport!

Dates so far:

Appointment: 24th October

Received Green 221G asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information

Submitted information: 28th October

Going to try and submit passport today as they have asked to do it by 2.30 pm on Tuesday or Thursday. Will update checkee once I get the visa!

Good luck to everyone. My app is just one data point but it does appear that things are moving.

Congrats Alien99 & Heuristi on your clearance. 

Folks - I attended my interview on 5th NOV, & till now there is no update. Both Case creation Date & Status updated date are same : 05-Nov-2013. Does this mean anything ? (Please let me know, if anyone are on the same page) 

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM) - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622

No, I submitted my passport on 19th and they told me that you can collect from loomies. I requested if they could end my pain. The lady was kind (as I was waiting for 50 days) enough and let me allow to collect it from consulate on Friday from 3-4 pm (22 November). You can not get it on same day, for sure. 2-3 days at least. Good luck...

Archived