Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

Here is the list till now...

Profile ID 221G Color Interview date Clearance email Passport with VO/Candidate Wait time amirferoz Yellow 3/18/2013 10/1/2013 Candidate 197 josephsn Yellow 4/8/2013 5/3/2013 Candidate 25 saladin2012 Yellow 5/1/2013 9/4/2013 Candidate 126 prithvik  Yellow 6/17/2013 8/21/2013 Candidate 65 Earnest Green 7/29/2013 9/14/2013 Candidate 47 univer959595 Yellow 8/8/2013 9/18/2013 Candidate 41 Senthil Yellow 9/4/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! Donskee White 9/9/2013 case open VO #VALUE! kalyan_chakri31 Yellow 9/11/2013 10/31/2013 Candidate 50 Vivek Yellow 9/19/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! Raghu Green 9/23/2013 10/23/2013 Candidate 30 Ramesh Green 9/23/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! maverick.dexter Green 9/24/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! justin9 Yellow 9/25/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! Visa member Yellow 9/25/2013 9/27/2013 VO 2 f1studentOPT Yellow 9/25/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! chavvavijay Green 9/30/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! NIVApplicant   9/30/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! kiran335 Yellow 10/2/2013 10/3/2013 Candidate 1 cukegene Yellow 10/2/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! smuppala02 Green 10/7/2013 case open Candidate   ravi6775 Yellow 10/8/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! bi2013 Green 10/9/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! Sneha12 Green 10/15/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! Shrav1 (also t2v) Yellow 10/15/2013 10/24/2013 VO 9 uppuluriv Green 10/21/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! heuristix Blue 10/24/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! manoh1b Green 10/28/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! murthyh1b  Green 11/5/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! kraj40325 Yellow 11/5/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE!
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some clarifications on the color of the 221G forms given at the Toronto Consulate:

-  The GREEN color means that your case is under Admin Processing but they need you to submit additional documents for them to process your case. This could be resume, list of publications etc.

-  The YELLOW color means that your case is under Admin Processing and nothing else is needed from you.

In my case, I was given a green 221G and asked to submit a full publication list.  I submitted the publications list in person at the consulate the next day, and they gave me a Yellow 221G and asked me to wait to hear back from them.

It doesn’t matter if you submit in person or via email. Most often they will not let you enter the consulate anyway.  So if you submitted you documents via email and they sent you a response you should be fine. Just prepare yourself for a long wait.

All:

yesterday at 4:59 PM i got the clearance email. i am told to appear in person at the consulate on any Tuesday or Thursday between 1 and 2:30 before 90 days from the receipt of email.

i sincerely wish everyone of you get the email soon.... i for sure understand how hard and painful it is.... but dont loose hope. just relax and try to have fun ...

all the best! :) 

@Kalyan; did you get your visa with PP yet ?

Hi All,

Yesterday, I have also joined the Boat, I was handed the green 221g at the Toronto Consulate.  I already have two H1s approved without any issue and this was my  3rd extension Based on PERM pending/approved more than 365 days. 

The Green 221g which has tick mark on "details considering exact nature of field of study/research, CV, list of publications, and source of funding". it was later followed by an email with a request to submit following documents.

-         Complete C.V. (Resume)

-       Complete list of publications

-       Detailed descriptions of your research or work

Hello All,

I am also joining the list. I was interviewed on 7th Nov. the VO asked few question and handed me the Green slip and told it may approximate a month to process. she returned the passport.. and kept the I797

Received 221g Green with tick mark on "Details concerning your exact nature of field of study/research, CV, list of publication, source of funding".

The same day, I received an email letter asking to submit following documents. Complete C.V (Resume), complete list of publications, detailed description of your research or work.

This is my 3rd H1 extension, the earlier two got approved without any issue. 

I am planning to submit following,

1) Copy of I-20

2). Copy Degree Certificate

3). A List of publications,

4). Copy of Source of Funding letter (Research Assistantship)

5) Reserach Description (Abstract - and a brief explanation)

6) Resume

Please let me know guys, if anything else should I submit or write in the explanation..

Appreciate your time. 

Foks.. Is it cause for concern?, What would have caused her to issue green 221g... any idea?

Hello All,

I am also joining the list. I was interviewed on 7th Nov. the VO asked few question and handed me the Green slip and told it may approximate a month to process. she returned the passport.. and kept the I797

Received 221g Green with tick mark on "Details concerning your exact nature of field of study/research, CV, list of publication, source of funding".

The same day, I received an email letter asking to submit following documents. Complete C.V (Resume), complete list of publications, detailed description of your research or work.

1) Copy of I-20

6) Resume

Please let me know guys, if anything else should I submit or write in the explanation..

Appreciate your time. 

Foks.. Is it cause for concern?, What would have caused her to issue green 221g... any idea?

@CPS007 - I got the same request, & I submitted my CV, Publication-1 & Publication-2 on the same day.

My research work falls under TAL (Technology Alert List). I did my research under Cryptography.

I'm not sure how much time it takes, now I'm in the waiting list.

VO took my resume soft copy and returned my PP & I797 and told me to send them all the required items once I get an email from consulate.

Does any one heard anything ?

Hi All,

Yesterday, I have also joined the Boat, I was handed the green 221g at the Toronto Consulate.  I already have two H1s approved without any issue and this was my  3rd extension Based on PERM pending/approved more than 365 days. 

The Green 221g which has tick mark on "details considering exact nature of field of study/research, CV, list of publications, and source of funding". it was later followed by an email with a request to submit following documents.

-         Complete C.V. (Resume)

-       Complete list of publications

-       Detailed descriptions of your research or work

@CPS007 - I got the same request, & I submitted my CV, Publication-1 & Publication-2 on the same day.

My research work falls under TAL (Technology Alert List). I did my research under Cryptography.

I'm not sure how much time it takes, now I'm in the waiting list.

VO took my resume soft copy and returned my PP & I797 and told me to send them all the required items once I get an email from consulate.

Does any one heard anything ?

Hello All,

1) Copy of I-20

6) Resume

Appreciate your time. 

Guys with green slip and passport with VO should get their cases resolved soon...Usually less than 2-3 weeks time.

Guys i am in the same Boat

H1B Interview Date 10th Oct (VO told your Visa has been approved and should recieve my passport in 2-3 business days)

Date 15th oct -email from consulate asking CV, research papers, Publication and transcripts.

I did not do any research and publications (send CV and transcript the same day)

Date 16th oct - email form consulate you visa is under Admin process and so please collect your passport from loomis branch

Date 17th OCT - received my passport.

and stuck hear in Canada since than

i had some family functions and i am going to India on 16th oct 

some questions 

1) can i book a return ticket if i have multiple visa for canada?

2) if i get a call to submit the passport how long do i have to come back to canada and submit my passport?

Hi Fellow H1-B's

Please do a favor for me, and this will be helpful to track all our 221G's.

Step:1 - Go to GOOGLE & type "checkee". Hit the first link (CHECK REPORTER)

Step:2 - Click on "Add Your Case" on the top left corner

Step:3 - Fill the "Report Your Case"

Step:4 - ID* (Make sure, your ID is same as murthy forum Member ID) - It will be easy for us to track

Step:5 - Check Date* (Your VISA date)

Step:6 - If it's pending leave Complete Date*/ If it's complete put your VISA Issued Date.

Step:7 - In the NOTE (Write your comments, like what color 221G you got, and what documents you submitted to the VISA officer)

Please fill this & reply to this post - it's easy to track the list here & we can do all other little chats here in murthy forum.

Thanks,

Murthyh1b

@murthy I updated r6775 is my id.

Added myself here in the CAse... Thanks brother...

I notice a few people who have already been issued Visa, but have been unable to update their complete date yet. 

I think Checkee is a fantastic effort, but I hope everyone who adds their case goes back and updates it when the get a decision, so we can get accurate information on waiting time.

Thanks to everyone who added the info, as said by @heuristix - Once you get your VISA, please update your info.

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM)

here is my case summary

Interview @Toronto. Given 221G (yellow) - admin processing 
VO took 797a original and resume.

I suspect it TAL but I'm not sure 

Update#1 on Oct 16 2013 - first time in 35 days case update date changed to current date 16th October 2013 - still shows as AP
Update#2 on Oct 17 2013 - the case update date changed to 17th October 2013 - still shows as AP

Update#3 - got clearance email on Oct 31 2013 - asked me to submit the passport "in person" on a Tuesday or Thursday. I submitted the passport on Nov 5 2013 and got it back on Nov 7 2013. Drove back to USA the same night. 

interview date: September 11 2013 - got 221G yellow, VO took resume and I797
CEAC website update: Oct 16 & 17
Clearance email: Oct 31
PP submitted: Nov 5 (email said me to submit the PP in person on a Tuesday or Thursday)
PP collected: Nov 7 - drove back to USA the same night

I was in the same boat as you are now. My only comment will be that there is nothing we can do about it. So just wait and try to have fun :) 
Wish you all good luck

here is my case summary

Interview @Toronto. Given 221G (yellow) - admin processing 
VO took 797a original and resume.

I suspect it TAL but I'm not sure 

Update#1 on Oct 16 2013 - first time in 35 days case update date changed to current date 16th October 2013 - still shows as AP
Update#2 on Oct 17 2013 - the case update date changed to 17th October 2013 - still shows as AP

Update#3 - got clearance email on Oct 31 2013 - asked me to submit the passport "in person" on a Tuesday or Thursday. I submitted the passport on Nov 5 2013 and got it back on Nov 7 2013. Drove back to USA the same night. 

interview date: September 11 2013 - got 221G yellow, VO took resume and I797
CEAC website update: Oct 16 & 17
Clearance email: Oct 31
PP submitted: Nov 5 (email said me to submit the PP in person on a Tuesday or Thursday)
PP collected: Nov 7 - drove back to USA the same night

I was in the same boat as you are now. My only comment will be that there is nothing we can do about it. So just wait and try to have fun :) 
Wish you all good luck

Thanks Kalyan for the complete summary. I request folks to add a complete summary like what kalyan did, after you got clearance.

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM)

Archived