Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

I went on 1/31 to the consulate to get a status update but I was not allowed to enter. The chinese lady at the window checked and said that she got the documents I submitted (They asked for me CV, publications, etc) and I have to wait now and she cannot give me a timeframe.

Btw, they changed the status update date on the website to 11/4 but it is still under administrative processing. Does any of you know if a change in status update date mean anything?

Thank you and wish y'all good luck! Hope we all can get back home soon

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fellow H-1B's

I attended my VISA on 5th NOV 2013 @ TORONTO.

My VISA officer is a lady & she asked me few questions, & then asked about my research work during my masters. I told every thing related to my work and then she asked my resume, I provided the soft copy of it. Later she asked me my I-20's and she verified and then she talked with some one in the office & later issued a yellow and green slip. 

These are 221G forms, they asked me to send me the details concerning the exact nature of your field of study/research, CV, list of publications & source of funding. I send my Resume hard copy & publications to the email that was given to me.

I did my masters in Computer Science & did my thesis in Visual cryptography (which deals with security)

My question to you is -

1) Does any one came out with same scenario like this ?

2) How long is the processing time ?

I see @heuristix, @Sneha12, @manoh1b, @Alien99 -- all are in the same boat. Any information ?

Please share the information, it will be helpful for me. I 'm so tensed.

Thanks 

Hi Fellow H-1B's

My VISA officer is a lady & she asked me few questions, & then asked about my research work during my masters. I told every thing related to my work and then she asked my resume, I provided the soft copy of it. Later she asked me my I-20's and she verified and then she talked with some one in the office & later issued a yellow and green slip. 

These are 221G forms, they asked me to send me the details concerning the exact nature of your field of study/research, CV, list of publications & source of funding. I send my Resume hard copy & publications to the email that was given to me.

I did my masters in Computer Science & did my thesis in Visual cryptography (which deals with security)

My question to you is -

I see @heuristix, @Sneha12, @manoh1b, @Alien99 -- all are in the same boat. Any information ?

Thanks 

No need to get tensed. you will get your visa but have to wait untill their admin process is done. you can do nothing but wait for the emails. Right now average wait times are around 4-5 weeks but you never know, you case can end sooner. wishing you the best and keep updating here. 

@ ravi6775 - how long it's taking to get the clearence ?

@ heuristix - ya, I saw that, thanks

I submitted my CV and two publications to the Consulate yesterday, this morning I got an email saying that - 

"Thanks for the updated info... Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as your review is completed."

I asked for the time line - they responded back saying that usually it takes 60 days or more based on the case :(

I got Yellow & Green form

Yellow has a tick mark on "Necessary Administrative Processing"

Green has a tick mark on "Details concerning the exact nature of your field of study/research, CV, list of publications & source of funding"

I got my passport & I797 form back, the VISA officer kept my soft copy of my resume.

If you are same like me, please let me know the communication b/w you and consulate.

Where are you staying ? - how long you have been waiting ?

murthyh1b

This is really ridiculous... after submitting all the required docs you still got 221G.  

I am so sorry dude. But nothing to panic.... As you will get to here from consulate in email again. 

Even my case is also just the same. I did masters and i did not do any research or published anything. I did submit my resume and other education related certificates.

I have decided to just stay calm and hope the case resolves sooner.

No need to get tensed. you will get your visa but have to wait untill their admin process is done. you can do nothing but wait for the emails. Right now average wait times are around 4-5 weeks but you never know, you case can end sooner. wishing you the best and keep updating here. 

45-60 days is the norm it seems. If you are lucky, you might get cleared in 15-20 days and worst case scenario is > 60-90 days.

@UPPULURIV: how long you have been waiting ?

Does any one of these got any update -@heuristix, @Sneha12, @manoh1b, @Alien99  ?  (these folks have been requested the same like what I have been requested)

My research work is in TAL (Technology Alert List)

INFORMATION SECURITY: Technologies associated with cryptography and cryptographic systems to 

ensure secrecy for communications, video, data and related software (My thesis is under Visual Cryptogrophy)

I'm assuming, this is the reason I got 221 G !!

To know more about TAL, please go through this link - http://www.bu.edu/isso/forms/tal.pdf

Folks, if you have any information - please do share, that's how we all get some releaf

Profile 221G Passport Interview clearance-email Completion Wait amirferoz Yellow Candidate 3/18/13 no-data 10/1/13 197 josephsn Yellow Candidate 4/8/13 no-data 5/3/13 25 saladin2012 Yellow Candidate 5/1/13 no-data 9/4/13 126 prithvik Yellow Candidate 6/17/13 no-data 8/21/13 65 Earnest Green Candidate 7/29/13 no-data 9/14/13 47 univer959595 Yellow Candidate 8/8/13 no-data 9/18/13 41 Senthil Yellow Candidate 9/4/13 no open TBD Donskee White VO 9/9/13 no open TBD kalyan_chakri31 Yellow Candidate 9/11/13 10/31/13 open TBD Exiled-by-221G Yellow Candidate 9/11/13 no open TBD Raghu Green Candidate 9/23/13 no 10/23/13 30 Ramesh Green Candidate 9/23/13 no open TBD maverick.dexter Green Candidate 9/24/13 no open TBD justin9 Yellow Candidate 9/25/13 no open TBD Visa member Yellow VO 9/25/13 no-data 9/27/13 2 Archan Green Candidate 9/30/13 no-data 10/28/13 28 chavvavijay Green Candidate 9/30/13 no open TBD NIVApplicant   Candidate 9/30/13 no open TBD TorontoGreen221g Green ? 9/30/13 no open TBD kiran335 Yellow Candidate 10/2/13 no-data 10/3/13 16 cukegene Yellow Candidate 10/2/13 no open TBD smuppala02 Green Candidate 10/7/13 no open   ravi6775 Yellow Candidate 10/8/13 no open TBD bi2013 Green Candidate 10/9/13 no open TBD Sneha12 Green Candidate 10/15/13 no open TBD Shrav1 Yellow VO 10/15/13 no-data 10/24/13 9 Uppuluriv Green   10/21/13 no open TBD heuristix Blue Candidate 10/24/13 no open TBD Manoj Green Candidate 10/28/13 no open TBD murthyh1b Green Candidate 11/5/13 no open TBD

Cleared some columns and reformatted. 

Hi Fellow H-1B's

My question to you is -

Thanks 

Hi, I also got 221g Yellow Slip yesterday at Toronto.. Did you find any accommodation? I am staying in a Hotel near to consulate only its a weekly basis and we can easily share the room. Please let me know.

Hello All,

I also got 221G Yellow slip on Nov 5 th at Toronto.

This is my first H1B. I did my MS and working full time on direct client. VO asked very common questions and gave me 221g yellow slip by saying Necessary administrative processing required. Did not mentioned any required time for the process. 

Can any one help me with accommodation?

Thanks in advance.

I have my interview in Toronto on 27th. Damn I am scared reading your experince.

Are you all EVC model or Is there any FT employees aswell?

Thanks

I'm a FT employee in a reputed company.

If your background falls under TAL (No matter, if you are FT or EVC - they will go through further Administrative Processing)

This is what I observed so far

Hi, I also got 221g Yellow Slip yesterday at Toronto.. Did you find any accommodation? I am staying in a Hotel near to consulate only its a weekly basis and we can easily share the room. Please let me know.

Hi Kraj40325,

I'm staying with my friends. We are 3 in a single bed room.

Hoping that, you will find some one soon.

Thanks

I have my interview in Toronto on 27th. Damn I am scared reading your experince.

Are you all EVC model or Is there any FT employees aswell?

Thanks

I am in EVC. EVC, TAL and 1st time H1B (opt to H1) are mostly 221g's. But every case is different and you might get it without any hassle. Just have to hope for the best. 

I am full time employee working for same company for last 5 years. I am already close to 40 days waiting. As I said, 40-60 days is average for candidates especially with 221g yellow slip. It might sound disheartening but that is average time experienced by previous candidates. If VO retained your passport, you have better chances getting it in below 20 days. If VO returned your passort, 40-60 days is average. Be patient and wait or might want to go India if that is cheaper.  Nobody can influence consular process, even senators.

Archived