Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

I have a question regarding the visa stamping. If we get 221g and get stuck in Canada, and we lose our job in the meantime in EVC model, is there still chance of getting our case cleared and visa approved? Since my project is ending in Jan and if I go to the visa stamping in dec, is it advisable to take the risk?

If in case you get 221g, since you are in EVC model there is very high probability they ask you the client letter and contact client. Which place are you planning to go ?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kalyan,

This morning I had H1B visa interview @ Toronto and I received a 221G (Green + Yellow) on my Education. VO needs more  "details concerning the exact nature of my field of study/research, CV, List of publications & source of funding". What surprises me is I did my bachelors and masters in computer science and working in IT and i still received this !! What is your education stream ?? VO(chinees young lady) didnt even ask me a single document at the time of interview!!

May I know what did you submit for this 221G ??? And how long it took for them to send an email asking for your passport ??? I am just wondering if i should travel back to india or stay back in toonto !???

I was interviewed by the same lady. She didn't ask me anything during interview but later i got email after two weeks to submit client letter.

I feel like, visa officers here in toronto are not experienced enough to take decisions on the applications and sending everything for admin processing. This list keeps on growing.

@kalyan what email address are you guys sending for case status ?

I agree with this statement. They seem to be playing safe and routing decisions to DC.

The VO didn't even bother to look at my case carefully. He asked me a few routine questions and gave me a 221G.

OTOH, during my renewal last year in Calgary, the VO evaluated my profile, transcripts, resume very carefully, asked me in detail about my research, looked at the TAL (or I presume that is what she did) and then decided to give me the visa.

added a couple of new cases .... one from yesterday and a guy had his interview on Sept 4th

Profile ID  City               221G Color                      Interview date              Case Completion date                     Passport with VO/Candidate       Wait time

amirferoz                Toronto   Yellow     3/18/2013               10/1/2013               Candidate                197

josephsn  Toronto   Yellow     4/8/2013 5/3/2013 Candidate                25

saladin2012            Toronto   Yellow     5/1/2013 9/4/2013 Candidate                126

prithvik    Toronto   Yellow     6/17/2013               8/21/2013               Candidate                65

Earnest    Toronto   Green      7/29/2013               9/14/2013               Candidate                47

univer959595          Toronto   Yellow     8/8/2013 9/18/2013               Candidate                41

Senthil     Toronto   Yellow     9/4/2013 case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Donskee  Toronto   White      9/9/2013 case open                VO           #VALUE!

kalyan_chakri31      Toronto   Yellow     9/11/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Raghu      Toronto   Green      9/23/2013               10/23/2013             Candidate                30

Ramesh   Toronto   Green      9/23/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

maverick.dexter      Toronto   Green      9/24/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

justin9     Toronto   Yellow     9/25/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Visa member          Toronto   Yellow     9/25/2013               9/27/2013               VO           2

chavvavijay              Toronto   Green      9/30/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

NIVApplicant           Toronto                   9/30/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

kiran335  Toronto   Yellow     10/2/2013               10/3/2013               Candidate                16

cukegene Toronto   Yellow     10/2/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

smuppala02            Toronto   Green      10/7/2013               case open                Candidate               

ravi6775  Toronto   Yellow     10/8/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

bi2013     Toronto   Green      10/9/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Sneha12  Toronto   Green      10/15/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Shrav1 (also t2v)     Toronto   Yellow     10/15/2013             10/24/2013             VO           9

heuristix  Toronto   Blue         10/24/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Manoj      Toronto   Green      10/28/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Archan Toronto Green 09/30/2013 10/28/2013 Candidate 28

All:

yesterday at 4:59 PM i got the clearance email. i am told to appear in person at the consulate on any Tuesday or Thursday between 1 and 2:30 before 90 days from the receipt of email.

i sincerely wish everyone of you get the email soon.... i for sure understand how hard and painful it is.... but dont loose hope. just relax and try to have fun ...

all the best! :) 

All:

yesterday at 4:59 PM i got the clearance email. i am told to appear in person at the consulate on any Tuesday or Thursday between 1 and 2:30 before 90 days from the receipt of email.

i sincerely wish everyone of you get the email soon.... i for sure understand how hard and painful it is.... but dont loose hope. just relax and try to have fun ...

Congrats Kalyan..finally !!! What was the email content ? Does it say approval in the email ? Which email address did it come from?? TRTNIV@state.gov ?

@kalyan - is your status change on the CEAC website from administrative processing or is it still showing the same.

@justin - it is and it will be 'administrative processing' until the passport is ready to be picked up by loomis. i think printing the visa, sticking it on the passport and arranging the paperwork for shipping is also administrative processing

my ceac date changed to 31 oct though ...idk when it did but it did changed

All:

Kalyan, congratulations!!!

Must be a big relief for you!

Congrats Kalyan..finally !!! What was the email content ? Does it say approval in the email ? Which email address did it come from?? TRTNIV@state.gov ?

@bi - yes it came from that id...saying they can conclude my application, asking me to appear in person within 90 days. also mentioned that it will take 1 work week! 

@kalyan - at what point would the status be changed to "Issued" ...?

@justin - my guess would be, when consulate complete the paperwork for loomis to pick up then it will change to issued. reading some earlier posts it looks like by the time the status on ceac website changes to "issued" you can actually collect your passport...a guy like me might as well reach home i guess :P ...as i told u all before the ceac website is a useless update if it means nothing 

@Kalyan, congratulations, happy for you. I hope all of us get cleared soon !

@cukegene - thanks mate...it was my b'day gift from the consulate :) ... i sincerely wish all of you get your clearances very soon. 

@Kalyan: Heartiest Congrats !

Do you think emailing the consulate helped in your case?

Pls keep us updated until you receive your passport.

Best wishes!

mav

@mav: thanks mate...3 days ago a friend suggested me that i was thinking way too much and asked me to stay low...i felt he was correct and logged out 3 days ago and didnt post anything from then.... but when i saw i got my clearance i wanted to share with you guys as it would be a sign of relief for you guys too...he suggested me today to post it on the forum so it will bring some hopes to ppl who are still waiting...

i will post the timeline once i get my passport back! 

thanks all - just sit tight and hope for the best. 

Profile ID  City               221G Color                      Interview date              Case Completion date                     Passport with VO/Candidate       Wait time

amirferoz                Toronto   Yellow     3/18/2013               10/1/2013               Candidate                197

josephsn  Toronto   Yellow     4/8/2013 5/3/2013 Candidate                25

saladin2012            Toronto   Yellow     5/1/2013 9/4/2013 Candidate                126

prithvik    Toronto   Yellow     6/17/2013               8/21/2013               Candidate                65

Earnest    Toronto   Green      7/29/2013               9/14/2013               Candidate                47

univer959595          Toronto   Yellow     8/8/2013 9/18/2013               Candidate                41

Senthil     Toronto   Yellow     9/4/2013 case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Donskee  Toronto   White      9/9/2013 case open                VO           #VALUE!

kalyan_chakri31      Toronto   Yellow     9/11/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Raghu      Toronto   Green      9/23/2013               10/23/2013             Candidate                30

Ramesh   Toronto   Green      9/23/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

maverick.dexter      Toronto   Green      9/24/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

justin9     Toronto   Yellow     9/25/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Visa member          Toronto   Yellow     9/25/2013               9/27/2013               VO           2

chavvavijay              Toronto   Green      9/30/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

NIVApplicant           Toronto                   9/30/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

kiran335  Toronto   Yellow     10/2/2013               10/3/2013               Candidate                16

cukegene Toronto   Yellow     10/2/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

smuppala02            Toronto   Green      10/7/2013               case open                Candidate               

ravi6775  Toronto   Yellow     10/8/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

bi2013     Toronto   Green      10/9/2013               case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Sneha12  Toronto   Green      10/15/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Shrav1 (also t2v)     Toronto   Yellow     10/15/2013             10/24/2013             VO           9

heuristix  Toronto   Blue         10/24/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Manoj      Toronto   Green      10/28/2013             case open                Candidate                #VALUE!

Archan Toronto Green 09/30/2013 10/28/2013 Candidate 28

TorontoGreen221g Toronto Green 09/30/2013 case open ?   None 

All:

Hi Kalyan..Hearty congratulations on your visa. I have been following your posts since more than a month and got so much info. Really happy on your success. Good luck with your future. :)

Hope everyone else in the list also get their visas soon.

Archived