Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I am in the same boat as you were/are. Stuck in Toronto for over 4 weeks now. As some of you have mentioned:- 

1. Make a US senetor talk to consulate  -done that, no positive response

2. Go to the consulate counter (window) to get the status - done that, no positive response.

3. Send email- done that, no positive response.

The information posted here was helpful but in my case there was no positive response. Consulates standard response

"We have no control over the pace or scope of this review and unfortunately it remains unfinished."

Wanted to check if there are others as well and any other way of getting more information from the consulate.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no update. With today it has been over 6 weeks. I think now consulates should give rough estimate by which Administrative Processing will be finished. So that the individual (and family if applicable) can make appropriate plans to stay in a country if it is not their home country. They have been doing this for years now (221g business). They should have an estimate if this is case type 1 then 4 weeks, case type 2 then 2 weeks. I believe they send out similar kind of an information out of their consulate (based on the feed back provided by other members) for administrative processing and I am sure it is going to similar destinations every time.

My interview was on May 27. It's has been over 6 week now. VO asked me about my thesis in my Masters and asked for details about my thesis or publication on my CV. I could only show her publication details and she was like "this is your resume I need your academic CV " Why would I carry an academic CV after 8 yrs of graduations? She asked to send electronic copy along with transcripts. Sent the very next day since then no update. Visited twice at the consulate window, no new word. Standard response - still under Administrative process, we dont know how long it will take. 

Hey stuckinTO!!

Did you get clearance? My last name is R1n1 (1=a). I know matter of fact there are lot of R1n1's in Pakistan(no offense) and Brazil (it is used as first name). Cannot blame people in Pakistan and Brazil. Consulate people need to be smart.

I did masters in US and same thing was asked 'thesis topic'. It is not fare based on the topic they raise TAL. It took me several months to complete my thesis and CO understood in few seconds? In fact they kept my passport and I was assuming that the fact they kept my passport administrative processing would be faster. I was expecting it back in a week or two.

It has been over 7 weeks now. What about your case ?

That's weird  man. EVC model or direct employer? I did my PhD, in nanomaterials which is on TAL. VO simply handed me a yellow 221g and said "could take between a week and a month." I'm in week 5 now, and got no updates. She didn't keep my passport or any other documents. Simply told me to send CV and wait for email. 

I also have a Canadian PR but looks like that's proving to not be helpful in this case either!! Extremely frustrating!! 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I appeared for my J1 visa interview  in Toronto consulate on 8th Sep,2014. Interview was all good but was given a yellow slip with batch number , family name and the interview date written on it and returned the passport.The slip mentioned that I had to submit my resume along with publications,nature of my study and funding.Sent it to them the very same day on 8th Sept.Its been 4 weeks and the process is still pending.Anyone else who went or is passing through the same process?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello,

I appeared for my J1 visa interview  in Toronto consulate on 8th Sep,2014. Interview was all good but was given a yellow slip with batch number , family name and the interview date written on it and returned the passport.The slip mentioned that I had to submit my resume along with publications,nature of my study and funding.Sent it to them the very same day on 8th Sept.Its been 4 weeks and the process is still pending.Anyone else who went or is passing through the same process?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ABCD135, 

So what happened after that  ?. I know its a year now, but would be good to know since I am in similar position after an interview last week for j1 visa.

Archived