Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

Hi Everyone,

I received yellow 221g Slip at Toronto US Consulate on 28th Jan, 2014. They said they will contact me in 4-6 weeks. This is my 1st H1b Stamping after F-1 status. 

Anyone got 221g at Toronto in Jan 2014? Would like to get connected to those peoples.

Thanks!

Hello NikSai

My interview was on Jan 8th. Got 221G yellow. Submitted all supporting documents to the consulate on Jan9th. Got clearance email on Jan 27th, Picked up passport on Jan 30th.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you subrven1, yes I did last Thursday , no update still in AP..

This is my third H1B  extension, first was in India  and second time in Ottawa and third time is in Toronto.Mine is straight forward  FTE working in USA from 2006. I140 approved and I  had 3 years valid I797.My case was  updated only once on-line on 27th Jan.

Thanks

-S

Hello SaiBB

My case is very similar to yours. This was my 3rd stamping as well to recapture time spent outside the USA. My PERM is under process hence my I797 was only for 8 months extension.

Only thing we can do is use your company lawyers to respond to any requests. FTE should be quick turnaround, I am also FTE for a big Tier 2 Supplier.

What documents were you asked to submit?

Subrven1 and saiBB: from what I have observed seems like 30 days is standard wait for FTE.

Recommend you get in touch with the consulate once this period passes.

Mine was similar case : FTE, 2nd time stamping, 30 day wait.

Mine was the same...effective wait time was 30 days...

Just keep emailing TRTFPU or the TRTNIV..(NIV normally gives u a standard email), FPU on the other hand...u can expect some replies

Hi All,

My visa Interview was on Feb 6th Thursday

The VO said he need more processing to be done and it may take few weeks.

He returned my passport and only has my I-797

Did not give me any slip.

On Feb 11th got a mail saying need H1 petition related documents.

Feb 12th Submitted  the required documents through email.

No update since then.

Does anyone experience similar situation?

Did any one get a acknowledgement mail saying they had received the documents once they were submitted.

Thanks!

Thank you subrven1 

VO Asked to submit updated Resume only  as well on 221g, Yes our company Lawyer  submitted  all related documents (I140+ I797  etc.).  mine is also  A1 company in MI.  waiting  waiting  ..,hopping to get update

Thanks

-S

when was your interview saiBB?

Hi Everyone,

I received yellow 221g Slip at Toronto US Consulate on 28th Jan, 2014. They said they will contact me in 4-6 weeks. This is my 1st H1b Stamping after F-1 status. 

Anyone got 221g at Toronto in Jan 2014? Would like to get connected to those peoples.

Thanks!

Hello @ NikSai24,

I am also same boat as yours. I had an interview on Feb 5th, and 221g, and VO asked me to submit resume and research. 

Did you get any updates about your case? 

Dinesh

I am working as a Researcher in NY state and had got documents for extention of my J-1 visa from my employer. I decided to go to Toronto for the visa renewal as it was just 5 hours from my place.

Just as most the people on this forum, I was handed a 221g Yellow form after my Visa interview.

My interview date was 17 Jan 2014 and the same evening I got an email from the consulte requesting the addtional documents.

I submitted all on document via email to the consulate on the 20th of Jan but since it was a holiday they got back to me on the 21st of Jan with the standard reply-

" Thank you for your message and for submitting required documents.  As soon as we have further information on your case, we will immediately notify you of the next steps required to complete your application."

I went through most of the post in this forum and realized they are for H-1b visa, does anyone has experience with J-1 visa processing time?

I also made an account with checkee and realized very few people have applied for the J-1 renewal visa like me.

My employeer has allowed me to work remotely from Canada for sometime but I dont want to push it too far.

It would be great if someone could advise me on an estimated processing time.

Hello,

I am also researcher working at University of Washington, and got an 221g yellow form on Feb 5th. VO asked me to submit my resume and also description of my research.  I was wondering what all additional document VO asked you to submit? Did you get any updates? Please reply

Thanks

I am working as a Researcher in NY state and had got documents for extention of my J-1 visa from my employer. I decided to go to Toronto for the visa renewal as it was just 5 hours from my place.

Just as most the people on this forum, I was handed a 221g Yellow form after my Visa interview.

My interview date was 17 Jan 2014 and the same evening I got an email from the consulte requesting the addtional documents.

I submitted all on document via email to the consulate on the 20th of Jan but since it was a holiday they got back to me on the 21st of Jan with the standard reply-

" Thank you for your message and for submitting required documents.  As soon as we have further information on your case, we will immediately notify you of the next steps required to complete your application."

I went through most of the post in this forum and realized they are for H-1b visa, does anyone has experience with J-1 visa processing time?

I also made an account with checkee and realized very few people have applied for the J-1 renewal visa like me.

My employeer has allowed me to work remotely from Canada for sometime but I dont want to push it too far.

It would be great if someone could advise me on an estimated processing time.

Did you get any update? got visa??

Hello All 

I just called Consulate # 416.595.1700 on Thursday (2/13) to find out what happening  to my VISA since I am waiting 25 days .I was surprised they indicated your case is cleared and sent a mail for Passport submission on (2/7). And asked to submit passport. ( I didn’t received Email or call).Being  Thursday I submitted passport and requested  hand  pickup , I got passport  with VISA and   drove back to USA on Friday night. (On line update still shows in AP)

Here is my case full update.

Interview for H1B renewal on Jan 22nd @ Toronto, FTE with A1 Company.

VO issued 221G yellow paper.

VO kept I797 and returned passport, documents requested only updated Resume..

Documents submitted on Jan 23rd.

On line case update on 27th to Administration process, no chance till date.

Clearance received:  Feb 6th, Total wait time 17 days (including holidays).

Passport submission: 13th Feb

Passport Pickup: 14th.

Here is my recommendation and suggestions to all.

-- Use lawyer to submit documents and for follow ups.

-- If your wait time is more than 2 or 3 weeks. Please don’t depend on on-line status just visit consulate or call to find out status updates.

Don't hesitate to ask passport pick  by hand   at the consulate (in my case they gave me next day)

One phone call helped me (otherwise I would have stayed a week more or so)

Thanks to all sharing experiences, it really helped.

Be  relax and think positive all the cases will be cleared, but it will  take some time.

Great work Murthy   Forum, 

-SaiBB

Hello,

I am also researcher working at University of Washington, and got an 221g yellow form on Feb 5th. VO asked me to submit my resume and also description of my research.  I was wondering what all additional document VO asked you to submit? Did you get any updates? Please reply

Thanks

Hi,

The consulate sent me two different requests, one through email and the other on the 221g yellow form.

Their request was different on both mode of communication so I had to prepare a lot of documents to email them.

Below are the details

- Complete C.V. (Resume)

- Complete list of publications

- Detailed descriptions of your research or work

- Specific Travel Itinerary and Port of Entry into the United States

- Travel History to all countries over the last 15 years

- Names of Sibling/Children/ Spouses

- Address During the last 15 years

- Prior occupation going back 15 years

In additional to the above, I also provided them with letter from my Supervisor and Head of Department.

I had submitted similar document when I applied for the J-1 visa the first time (In India) so I updated those documents and sent it to them before the next working day.

I heard back from them on the 10th of February, requesting me to send them my passport through the Loomis center.

This is the summary of my case:

17 January 2014 - Interview for J1 renewal visa at Toronto Consulate.

17 January 2014 - VO issued 221G yellow paper requesting additional documents. They also returned my passport.

20 January 2014- Submitted additional documents via email in word format. 

21 January 2014 - Received email confirmation stating that they have received my additional document and are processing it. 

10 February 2014 - Received email to submit my passport ASAP, either in person to the consulate or the Loomis courier service. I submitted it through the Loomis courier service and it arrive at their facility on the 11th of Feb.

16 February - Still waiting for an email confirmation from the Loomis center for delivery and even checking the CSC Visa appointment page. Nothing has been updated!!!! I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow.

The weird thing with my processing was that nothing was updated on my CSC Visa page and I had to wait for them to communicate through email. You would think that they would have an efficient way of updating everything online since they do these things so often.

Anyway I am hoping to get my passport within this week and heaing back to the US.

I hope your processing is not as frustrating as mine. They usually dont get back to you before 2 weeks.

I didn't follow up through phone calls but looking at the suggestions above I should have. Give them a call after 2 weeks and check your status.

NSingh

Hi,

The consulate sent me two different requests, one through email and the other on the 221g yellow form.

Their request was different on both mode of communication so I had to prepare a lot of documents to email them.

Below are the details

- Complete C.V. (Resume)

In additional to the above, I also provided them with letter from my Supervisor and Head of Department.

I had submitted similar document when I applied for the J-1 visa the first time (In India) so I updated those documents and sent it to them before the next working day.

I heard back from them on the 10th of February, requesting me to send them my passport through the Loomis center.

17 January 2014 - VO issued 221G yellow paper requesting additional documents. They also returned my passport.

21 January 2014 - Received email confirmation stating that they have received my additional document and are processing it. 

10 February 2014 - Received email to submit my passport ASAP, either in person to the consulate or the Loomis courier service. I submitted it through the Loomis courier service and it arrive at their facility on the 11th of Feb.

16 February - Still waiting for an email confirmation from the Loomis center for delivery and even checking the CSC Visa appointment page. Nothing has been updated!!!! I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow.

The weird thing with my processing was that nothing was updated on my CSC Visa page and I had to wait for them to communicate through email. You would think that they would have an efficient way of updating everything online since they do these things so often.

Anyway I am hoping to get my passport within this week and heaing back to the US.

I hope your processing is not as frustrating as mine. They usually dont get back to you before 2 weeks.

I didn't follow up through phone calls but looking at the suggestions above I should have. Give them a call after 2 weeks and check your status.

NSingh

NSingh,

Thanks for the update. congratulations on getting clearance, I am sure you will get your passport with in a day or two.

DKHS

Hi,

Below are the details

- Complete C.V. (Resume)

NSingh

Check the CEAC website to see if your status has moved to "issued"

Also, if you have a way to get to Loomis, go there or call them requesting to check if there is a package for your reference number...

Hello @ thinkb4umail  any Update on your  case?? I see  you also from Jan month.

Is any one got update  today? Mine is 20 days  completed . I am eager waiting  on update.I am staying in Hotel. Any one knows good accommodation/ extended stay hotels , near Toronto or near by city?

Please share your experiences, will give +ve energy to others.

Thanks

-S

Check the below link for 2014 toronto cases and their updates....

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/70063-any-221g-cases-toronto-in-2014/

Thanks Thinkb4umail

Call this number #  416.595.1700  wait and connect to operator, they will ask you all questions  , how long did you waited , did you sent mails etc.. after you answered all  they still say check on line  or web site.

You request them  for their check  in system.

Thanks

_SaiBB

Hi DKHS,

I still haven't got my passport and it is taking longer than anticipated!

The consulate got back to be on Thursday informing me that my passport will be picked up by the Loomis service in the afternoon. Below is what they sent me-

" Thank you for contacting the U.S. Consulate General in Toronto.  We are glad to inform you that your visa was printed and Loomis will pick your passport up from the Consulate this afternoon for delivery to the pickup location of your choice."

So after reading people's recommendation (in this forum), that Loomis can give you the passport with the reference number, I headed to Brampton. This was a mistake!

The staff told me that either the passport isn't there or it has been picked up but wasn't checked into their system so they couldn't give it to me. They asked me to wait for the email from them, which is generated after the passport is checked into their system and has the waybill number.

Later on Friday evening I receive an email from Loomis center with the subject "Loomis-Express has your passport but it's not ready to pickup" which was really strange. Because if they have the passport and I have asked for the pick-up service, I should be able to pick it up first thing Monday.

Anyway lets see how it goes on Monday...

Based on my experience with the consulate and Loomis center, my advice regarding passport pickup is-

• If the CSC Visa information website isn’t updated within 10 days of submitting your passport to the consulate, send an email to TRTNIV@state.gov. You will definitely hear back from them in 3 working days.
  • Don’t go to the Loomis center if you don’t have the Loomis waybill number (and email confirmation from them).
  • If you still want try your luck with your reference number, make sure you track your passport on the Loomis website using the reference ID before making the trip. The staff will do the same thing and tell you if it has/ hasn’t arrived! But if you lucky maybe they are just entering it into the system
  • I would highly recommend calling the Loomis customer service if you receive an email with similar subject line. Confirm with them if you can pick up your passport before making the trip.

I don’t know about the rest of you but Visa application (new/renewal) is a living nightmares. I wish the protocol for this procedure were more definite and concrete!

Good luck to you all.

NSingh

Hi DKHS,

I still haven't got my passport and it is taking longer than anticipated!

The consulate got back to be on Thursday informing me that my passport will be picked up by the Loomis service in the afternoon. Below is what they sent me-

" Thank you for contacting the U.S. Consulate General in Toronto.  We are glad to inform you that your visa was printed and Loomis will pick your passport up from the Consulate this afternoon for delivery to the pickup location of your choice."

So after reading people's recommendation (in this forum), that Loomis can give you the passport with the reference number, I headed to Brampton. This was a mistake!

The staff told me that either the passport isn't there or it has been picked up but wasn't checked into their system so they couldn't give it to me. They asked me to wait for the email from them, which is generated after the passport is checked into their system and has the waybill number.

Later on Friday evening I receive an email from Loomis center with the subject "Loomis-Express has your passport but it's not ready to pickup" which was really strange. Because if they have the passport and I have asked for the pick-up service, I should be able to pick it up first thing Monday.

Anyway lets see how it goes on Monday...

Based on my experience with the consulate and Loomis center, my advice regarding passport pickup is-

• If the CSC Visa information website isn’t updated within 10 days of submitting your passport to the consulate, send an email to TRTNIV@state.gov. You will definitely hear back from them in 3 working days.
  • Don’t go to the Loomis center if you don’t have the Loomis waybill number (and email confirmation from them).
  • If you still want try your luck with your reference number, make sure you track your passport on the Loomis website using the reference ID before making the trip. The staff will do the same thing and tell you if it has/ hasn’t arrived! But if you lucky maybe they are just entering it into the system
  • I would highly recommend calling the Loomis customer service if you receive an email with similar subject line. Confirm with them if you can pick up your passport before making the trip.

I don’t know about the rest of you but Visa application (new/renewal) is a living nightmares. I wish the protocol for this procedure were more definite and concrete!

Good luck to you all.

NSingh

Hi Nsingh04,

Yha, I know it is really frustrating, and waiting for something without proper time schedule. 

I have a quick question: When I submitted my resume, I only wrote 4 to 5 sentences on each research (current and past) research projects. However, I sent an detailed summary about current project in a different file. Do you think few sentences about each project is more than enough for investigation? Just for a curiosity, how much you described about your project on a resume that you submitted for the consulate.

Hi DKHS,

I picked up my passport from the Loomis center Monday morning and came back to the US the same day.

Regarding your question-

It’s okay to have 4-5 sentences of your current and past research/project in the resume but I think you should send at least one-page details of all research projects separately.

I had submitted at least 2-page description of each project to them. The project description was broken down into 3 parts for convenience.

1. Problem statement and scope of study
  2. Methodology and Results
  3. Application of the study

If you want more information, I can contact you directly instead of the forum.

Let me know.

Hi Nsingh04,

Yha, I know it is really frustrating, and waiting for something without proper time schedule. 

I have a quick question: When I submitted my resume, I only wrote 4 to 5 sentences on each research (current and past) research projects. However, I sent an detailed summary about current project in a different file. Do you think few sentences about each project is more than enough for investigation? Just for a curiosity, how much you described about your project on a resume that you submitted for the consulate.

HI DKHS,

Honestly I even wonder if they bother to go over the resume at all..or they go ahead and just do some sort of a "back ground  check". In my humble opinion..no matter what kind of "resume" they expect you to submit...they are going to take their own sweet time in processing the application. This whole resume business i think is more of an eyewash than anything.

Total Humbug, trying to discourage people from going through the horrendous process of visa stamping...

I understand your anxiety..as was the case with all of us..all the docs you submitted seem sufficient. Just be patient.

S

Archived