Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kiran335                                Toronto         Yellow            10/2/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Small correction:

I got email saying my case was concluded on 10/03 and I submitted the passport on the same day. But there are no updates after that.

thanks for the update

Guys, After my interview on Oct 9th there are no emails or documents requested. I am looking into this forum and noticed all of them received some information usually in 3 or 4 days asking for documents. Is my case normal, should i just wait or need to send an email to consulate. Please advice.

Visa Interview - 25th September 2013.

Current Visa Status: F1/OPT.

221G Yellow - Necessary administrative processing. Passport was returned after a stamp saying cancelled without prejudice on the original visa.

Status updated on CEAC site on 16th October, but no change in language. Still waiting for news on my case.

so your case is F1 to H1? 

so your case is F1 to H1? 

Actually, I am still on OPT. Just graduated. Was going to join job in Sept, got delayed to October. Now the 90 unemployment days that one has per year on OPT are getting used up...that's why I'm a little tensed about the whole administrative processing thing.

It's a chicken and egg problem - I have an offer and am willing to join and my company is willing to employ me. But the consulate wont give me a visa and then if the 90 days expire they'll say but you were unemployed for 90 days...

Now, whose fault is that ?? :)

It was my bad luck on Oct 15th that I was interviewed by the famous Afro-American VO @Toronto, who I saw  was giving the most 221g s'.

I also got 221g Green, asking me to submit more documents by email regarding my exact nature of study, my CV etc.

I did my MS in CS from US university and after my graduation was working for a US based employer on OPT.

Anybody stuck in the same boat or were in this position and had an update? Please respond.

Thanks.

It was my bad luck on Oct 15th that I was interviewed by the famous Afro-American VO @Toronto, who I saw  was giving the most 221g s'.

I also got 221g Green, asking me to submit more documents by email regarding my exact nature of study, my CV etc.

I did my MS in CS from US university and after my graduation was working for a US based employer on OPT.

Anybody stuck in the same boat or were in this position and had an update? Please respond.

Thanks.

Your profile seems ok. Did they take your passport ? You atleast got a reply submitting some documents, so hope it get cleared soon.

I am coming in from OPT to H1 but i am in EVC model, they havent asked me any documents or did respond by email. 

I had chosen the Non-thesis plan for my Master's and I think the VO assumed that every Master's student in CS must have Thesis as a mandatory part of the degree so handed me the 221g in order to verify my exact course structure, also told me to submit my CV/Resume & despite of me telling him that I didn't have to do thesis, it was mentioned on the 221g to submit  "research & list of publications & source of funding" :o

None the less I saw him interviewing a guy just 2 interviews prior to mine and he is in the same boat as me (Non-thesis plan.. MS in CS from US University.. 221g.. etc) Unfortunately, I couldn't catch hold him later.

It was not a PIMS update issue as I saw "PIMS OK" written on my DS 160

here is the updated list as of October 21 2013 at 11:12 AM

Profile ID  City               221G Color                      Interview date              Case Completion date                     Passport with VO/Candidate       Wait time

amirferoz  Toronto      Yellow         3/18/2013                       10/1/2013                       Candidate                         197

josephsn    Toronto      Yellow         4/8/2013  5/3/2013  Candidate                         25

saladin2012                    Toronto      Yellow         5/1/2013  9/4/2013  Candidate                         126

prithvik      Toronto      Yellow         6/17/2013                       8/21/2013                       Candidate                         65

Earnest       Toronto      Green          7/29/2013                       9/14/2013                       Candidate                         47

univer959595               Toronto      Yellow         8/8/2013  9/18/2013                       Candidate                         41

Donskee    Toronto      White          9/9/2013  case open                         VO                  #VALUE!

kalyan_chakri31           Toronto      Yellow         9/11/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

maverick.dexter          Toronto      Green          9/24/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

justin9        Toronto      Yellow         9/25/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

Visa member                  Toronto      Yellow         9/25/2013                       9/27/2013                       VO                  2

chavvavijay                      Toronto      Green          9/30/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

NIVApplicant                  Toronto                              9/30/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

kiran335    Toronto      Yellow         10/2/2013                       10/3/2013                       Candidate                         1

cukegene  Toronto      Yellow         10/2/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

ravi6775    Toronto      Yellow         10/8/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

bi2013        Toronto      Green          10/9/2013                       case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

Sneha12    Toronto      Green          10/15/2013                    case open                         Candidate                         #VALUE!

Archived