Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I had gone for my visa interview on the 2nd Dec....My interview lasted for 3-4 mins..Visa officer mentioned that my visa was approved and would take 3-5 days for my passport....I waited patiently for 5 business days .I sent a mail on the 6th business day to which I had not received any reply.. I sent 3 mails after that ...On the 20th Dec i received this mail(reply to my 1st mail):

"Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time."

Today (30 Dec) I received an email asking for letter from the job site where you will be placed to work. 

I mailed the client letter..

Now how many days do you think will go into processing ?? they still have my passport and I-797

Latest update ::: I had gone to the consulate on Tuesday .They say that my case is pending with Washington D.C ....Any idea if all cases go to DC ? Will the clearance mail come from DC?? How much more time will it take (approximately).....?

Latest update ::: I had gone to the consulate on Tuesday .They say that my case is pending with Washington D.C ....Any idea if all cases go to DC ? Will the clearance mail come from DC?? How much more time will it take (approximately).....?

Yes all 221g cases are cleared in DC,

I dont know who will send the clearance email, but i guess consulate will send.

God know's the timeline....DOS makes people to wait without knowing the timeline.....

i 2 has no update so far....

Hii all,

Can somebody else deposit the passport on my behalf in the consulate and collect it from loomis. If yes, what kind of documentation do I need. Unfortunately,  I have a single entry visa and I want to leave Canada. You cannot convert single entry visa to multiple entry while in canada and there is a chance they could refuse multiple entry visa to canada if I apply it from India. 

Thanks

Hii all,

Can somebody else deposit the passport on my behalf in the consulate and collect it from loomis. If yes, what kind of documentation do I need. Unfortunately,  I have a single entry visa and I want to leave Canada. You cannot convert single entry visa to multiple entry while in canada and there is a chance they could refuse multiple entry visa to canada if I apply it from India. 

Thanks

amrinder89@ I dont think this its feasible but you can email the consulate for more info.....

but my suggestion is ...its not a good idea

Hello Guys,

I just got an email from the Toronto Embassy saying my processing is complete. I have to submit my passport tomorrow. What a relief!!!

Just to summarize my case:

Interview Date - Jan 8th 2014, Admin processing, 221g yellow, resume requested

Case creation date - Jan 8th 2014

Clearance email received - Jan 27th 2014

Mine was a straight forward case, Mechanical engineer with 1 Employer.

Hello Guys,

I just got an email from the Toronto Embassy saying my processing is complete. I have to submit my passport tomorrow. What a relief!!!

Just to summarize my case:

Interview Date - Jan 8th 2014, Admin processing, 221g yellow, resume requested

Case creation date - Jan 8th 2014

Clearance email received - Jan 27th 2014

Mine was a straight forward case, Mechanical engineer with 1 Employer.

I have received PassPort submit email....... this morning....will post more details later.....

My Status still shows Administrative Processing . I did not got clearance email yet.

And out of curiosity, and yesterday i went to Consulate to ask for status, and when can i submit the passport.

and the lady at the window (outside) checked my status, and told that i can submit passport if i want, which i did submitted. And she mentioned for check for email from Loomis regarding pickup.

I did not receive any email from Loomis yet.

Hi, 

Have you received your stamped passport yet. I also got 221g white form in Ottawa today. Just curious of the waiting time.

Archived