Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys Update - 221G Yellow Slip

Interview Date: 13 Dec 13  ( I think Bad day for Numbers)

Gave Back Passport and Yellow Slip and Kept I797 + 6months Paycheck + 2 yrs W2

Update Date : 18 Dec 13 - To submit H1 Docs as submitted to USCIS

Update Date:    31 Dec 13 ( Same Numbers)

Update Date:    02 Jan 14

With Curiosity went to consulate to find out status, and she checked system and asked to submit passport if possible

Update Date:    06 Jan 14

Final Update:    07 Jan 14  - Issued ( 10am)

Loomis Email: 08 Jan 14 ( 11:45pm)

Picked up:        09 Jan 14 ( 8.45am)

this help you guys in keeping your self cool.... it will come, but not sure when. ATB

Guys Update - 221G Yellow Slip

Interview Date: 13 Dec 13  ( I think Bad day for Numbers)

Gave Back Passport and Yellow Slip and Kept I797 + 6months Paycheck + 2 yrs W2

Update Date : 18 Dec 13 - To submit H1 Docs as submitted to USCIS

Update Date:    31 Dec 13 ( Same Numbers)

Update Date:    02 Jan 14

With Curiosity went to consulate to find out status, and she checked system and asked to submit passport if possible

Update Date:    06 Jan 14

Final Update:    07 Jan 14  - Issued ( 10am)

Loomis Email: 08 Jan 14 ( 11:45pm)

Picked up:        09 Jan 14 ( 8.45am)

this help you guys in keeping your self cool.... it will come, but not sure when. ATB

Some notes i found:

-> Updates to Issued are happening on Tues and Thrus

-> From the docs i received back from Consulate (which i submitted), the docs were thoroughly cross checked, They have Post It notes, Highlights.

The Main highlights i noticed on the docs were - Client Location, Client Name in Vendor and employer letter compared to LCA Client Location, and with all other Documents where mentioned.

-> Paychecks and LCA Salary

--> They called my Client Manager and left a voice mail when my manager didn't answered., they mentioned this on the notes on Client letter

--> And the most important point is, they did a background check on my Employer, and they gave a copy to me along with Passport

-> That BC had all the issues my employer had from past 8-10 years, current status of employee... previous 221g's from my employer with Case Number, Employee information etc etc.

I just want to give an idea of whats taking this much time, as called Admin processing, and i was accurate on all my docs, and information and thus took normal time.

Hope you guys got an idea of whats going on, let me know if you have any specific questions , i will try  to answer.

Following this forums helped me lot to get an idea of whats going on, Thanks Murthys.

Good luck for all.

Some notes i found:

-> Updates to Issued are happening on Tues and Thrus

-> From the docs i received back from Consulate (which i submitted), the docs were thoroughly cross checked, They have Post It notes, Highlights.

The Main highlights i noticed on the docs were - Client Location, Client Name in Vendor and employer letter compared to LCA Client Location, and with all other Documents where mentioned.

-> Paychecks and LCA Salary

--> They called my Client Manager and left a voice mail when my manager didn't answered., they mentioned this on the notes on Client letter

--> And the most important point is, they did a background check on my Employer, and they gave a copy to me along with Passport

-> That BC had all the issues my employer had from past 8-10 years, current status of employee... previous 221g's from my employer with Case Number, Employee information etc etc.

I just want to give an idea of whats taking this much time, as called Admin processing, and i was accurate on all my docs, and information and thus took normal time.

Hope you guys got an idea of whats going on, let me know if you have any specific questions , i will try  to answer.

Following this forums helped me lot to get an idea of whats going on, Thanks Murthys.

Good luck for all.

Thanks Sandeep@

For posting the summary and valuable information regarding the when the updates are made......this really helps...a lot....

any have congratulations ones again.....

Interview date: Oct 7th

Issued 221G green slip asking to email resume.

CEAC 1st update: Oct 16th (AP)

CEAC 2nd update: DEC 18th (AP)

CEAC 3rd update: DEC 23rd (AP)

CEAC 4rt update: DEC 27th (AP)

Never received any confirmation email from consulate. On Jan 2nd i went to consulate asking for an update. They checked and said my was approved some time ago and collected my passport.

CEAC 5th update: Jan 9th (Issued)

Received waybill# on Jan 10th. Collected passport on Jan 13th.

Never received any confirmation email from consulate. On Jan 2nd i went to consulate asking for an update. They checked and said my was approved some time ago and collected my passport.

Congratulations

Just needed some information,

Could someone ask for the status on someone elses behalf at the consulate, with the Case # and the Passport number? 

It has been 65 days for me with two updates on the website, but still under AP. 

A big Thank you to murthy forum and all the people who have posted their experiences which helped me a lot...

Here's my story...

I went to Interview Nov 19. After the interview visa officer handed me white slip and said they need 1-2 weeks to review my case, Visa officer didn't ask to submit any documents.

I was under the impression they will approve my case within 1-2 weeks(as was said by officer) without them asking for any further documents. I received a email from US Consulate Toronto on Nov 29 to submit my H1 B petition. I emailed them the documents on same day. 

Everyday n number of times I used to check my case status on the CEAC website hoping I will get to see something good sooner than later.I didn't knew I hoping against the hope.

US Consulate Toronto called my end-client to verify my details.. I came to know this from client. On CEAC website my case got updated on 16 Dec.

After few days I tried calling the Consulate & also went to consulate to inquire the my case and they didn't divulge more information than what was on the CEAC website that it was under Administrative processing.

In mean time I was going through all the posting on murthy forum and also talked to few people who got 221g. I read some of the posts where some of them contacted congressmen/ senator to inquire about their cases.  

I contacted congressman through my employer on Jan 4. I briefly explained my situation to them in an email.

On Jan 10 my case got updated. And on Jan 13 my case status read Issued. I got an email from Loomis with waybill number today Jan 15. Waiting for the passport to be ready to be picked.

----

Case Creation Date  :  19 Nov 

Status Updated Date :  16 Dec  ( Administrative processing )

Status Updated Date :  10 Jan  ( Administrative processing )

Status Updated Date :  13 Jan  ( Issued ) 

Congratulations to all those who got their cases approved and for the people who are still waiting be patient and don't lose hope.

Cheers...

Do you go inside the consulate to find out or how? Also, what details do they ask to find the status? Case # and Passport # ? anything else? Can anyone else ask for the status for someone application?  Please respond if you have visited the consulate after the interview. 

Thanks

Hi my name is Venkat.

Visa Interview Date - Jan 8th 2013

Visat type - H1B

Result - 221G yellow asking for Resume

Couple of you guys have said that you went to the consulate to get an update. How do you do that? Can we just walk into the consulate asking for case updates?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/Status.aspx?%C2'>

you can check it by clicking above link and use the drop down for info

Hello All,

Finally got my visa: After the debacles of ice storms, power cuts, trip cancellations, monetery losses. Anyway here is my story.

Dec 13th 2013: Visa interview at the Toronto Us consulate (Slapped with 221G- for H1 renewal)

No updates on CEAC website

Jan 7th 2014: Sent email to consulate requesting update

Jan 10th: Recieved clearence email (asking to submit passport on a Tuesday or Thursday)

Jan 14th: Submitted Passport (Requested lady at drop off window for early passport retrival explaining my 30+ days wait. She asked me to come pick up at the consulate Jan 16th- But no gurantees)

Jan 16th: Picked up passport with stamp. (Fortunately..)

Total waiting days : 35 including holidays.

Thank you Murthy Forum for very essential information.

I have posted another topic for this 221g TAL checks: Unreasonable waits: Still think we need to formally file a petetion or appeal regarding this hassle.

Best Regards

Please stay positive.

A few pointers to all:

Wait for 30 days before sending an email to the consulate.

Also keep checking CEAC website (in my case it was a utter dud and still shows AP) but for few if you see a status update, I recommend you visit the consulate in person and enquire with the security or lady at the window regarding application status of your visa.

If you have been waiting for more than 30 days and recieve a clearence email, do not hesitate to request for expedited passport collection.

Thank you all.

Hi my name is Venkat.

Visa Interview Date - Jan 8th 2013

Visat type - H1B

Result - 221G yellow asking for Resume

Couple of you guys have said that you went to the consulate to get an update. How do you do that? Can we just walk into the consulate asking for case updates?

hi Vankat,

Did you get any update in CEAC ? like change in date....

Hello All,

Finally got my visa: After the debacles of ice storms, power cuts, trip cancellations, monetery losses. Anyway here is my story.

Dec 13th 2013: Visa interview at the Toronto Us consulate (Slapped with 221G- for H1 renewal)

No updates on CEAC website

Jan 7th 2014: Sent email to consulate requesting update

Jan 10th: Recieved clearence email (asking to submit passport on a Tuesday or Thursday)

Jan 14th: Submitted Passport (Requested lady at drop off window for early passport retrival explaining my 30+ days wait. She asked me to come pick up at the consulate Jan 16th- But no gurantees)

Jan 16th: Picked up passport with stamp. (Fortunately..)

Total waiting days : 35 including holidays.

Thank you Murthy Forum for very essential information.

I have posted another topic for this 221g TAL checks: Unreasonable waits: Still think we need to formally file a petetion or appeal regarding this hassle.

Best Regards

Please stay positive.

A few pointers to all:

Wait for 30 days before sending an email to the consulate.

Also keep checking CEAC website (in my case it was a utter dud and still shows AP) but for few if you see a status update, I recommend you visit the consulate in person and enquire with the security or lady at the window regarding application status of your visa.

If you have been waiting for more than 30 days and recieve a clearence email, do not hesitate to request for expedited passport collection.

Thank you all.

congrats SRMA.........hope every one will get resolved soon....

Archived