Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

Do not send any document without them asking for it. And definitely dont book another appointment. You are already in their system. Be patient wait for theor email I waited for 80 + days.

Alright Cukegene, have you received your visa? if so, did you get it directly  by submitting the passport or you were asked for additional docs? 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appointment Date: Nov 18th - Received Green & Yellow 221g forms

Submitted docs via email on Nov 18th

Received clearance email: Dec 17th - Asking to submit passport within 14 days on Tue or Thur between 1-2:30p

Being outside Canada I traveled back to Canada to submit passport on Dec 24th (Tuesday)

Upon visiting the consulate I was informed that they are closed and need to submit the passport on Jan 2nd (Thur). I notice on the website mention on closure due to weather/holidays on Dec 24th but re-open on Dec 27th. Is anyone else faced with similar delays till Jan 2nd?

@immitraveler, why not submit passport on Dec 31, TUesday. Consulate is open that day. Even on website they did not mention any holiday on Dec 31.

@immitraveler, why not submit passport on Dec 31, TUesday. Consulate is open that day. Even on website they did not mention any holiday on Dec 31.

@cukegene, I will look to submit the passport on Tue Dec 31. However not sure if the consulate will be opening the personnel at the gate mentioned that they won't be open till Jan 2nd which is different from what the website states. I will visit the consulate on Tue to see if they are open and will accept the passport.

Received clearance email: Dec 17th - Asking to submit passport within 14 days on Tue or Thur between 1-2:30p

Being outside Canada I traveled back to Canada to submit passport on Dec 24th (Tuesday)

Upon visiting the consulate I was informed that they are closed and need to submit the passport on Jan 2nd (Thur). I notice on the website mention on closure due to weather/holidays on Dec 24th but re-open on Dec 27th. Is anyone else faced with similar delays till Jan 2nd?

Hey immitraveller, when you flew back to Canada how was your experience with immigration? My case is still under AP but I'm planning to fly back to Canada on Sunday. Wondering if it's gonna be a problem. Appreciate it if you could get back to me at the easiest.

Anyone else out there who can answer my question?

Hey immitraveller, when you flew back to Canada how was your experience with immigration? My case is still under AP but I'm planning to fly back to Canada on Sunday. Wondering if it's gonna be a problem. Appreciate it if you could get back to me at the easiest.

Anyone else out there who can answer my question?

@smuppala, I went inside and outside Canada multiple times from past couple of months without any issue. I don't think it is a problem as long as you have valid visa.

@immitraveller, I called consulate today and they said consulate is open tuesday, December 31st.

@smuppala, I went inside and outside Canada multiple times from past couple of months without any issue. I don't think it is a problem as long as you have valid visa.

@immitraveller, I called consulate today and they said consulate is open tuesday, December 31st.

Thanks for the info.... i'll book my ticket today then...

@smuppala02: Re-entry was a simple process. You can use the provided clearance email from the consulate as the reason for travel back to Canada. I have multiple year multiple entry visa. 

@cukegene: Thank you for the update, I look forward to dropping off the passport tomorrow. Do you use the main line/operator line or do you have another number/switchboard option?

@smuppala02: Re-entry was a simple process. You can use the provided clearance email from the consulate as the reason for travel back to Canada. I have multiple year multiple entry visa. 

@cukegene: Thank you for the update, I look forward to dropping off the passport tomorrow. Do you use the main line/operator line or do you have another number/switchboard option?

@cukegene: can i know the number to contact consulate? I have been writing emails but no response

I called *****************

Hi All,

I had gone for my visa interview on the 2nd Dec....My interview lasted for 3-4 mins..Visa officer mentioned that my visa was approved and would take 3-5 days for my passport....I waited patiently for 5 business days .I sent a mail on the 6th business day to which I had not received any reply.. I sent 3 mails after that ...On the 20th Dec i received this mail(reply to my 1st mail):

"Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time."

Today (30 Dec) I received an email asking for letter from the job site where you will be placed to work. 

I mailed the client letter..

Now how many days do you think will go into processing ?? they still have my passport and I-797

FYI

Toronto has the most waiting time after the Visa approved.

Typical Wait Time (Calendar Days*) for a Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointment

Visitors Visas: 17 Days

Student/Exchange Visitors Visas: 3 Days

All Other Nonimmigrant Visas*** (Excludes: A, G, K, and V): 8 Days

Typical Wait Time (Workdays**) for a Nonimmigrant Visa To Be Processed****: 2 days

FYI

Toronto has the most waiting time after the Visa approved.

Typical Wait Time (Calendar Days*) for a Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointment

Visitors Visas: 17 Days

Student/Exchange Visitors Visas: 3 Days

All Other Nonimmigrant Visas*** (Excludes: A, G, K, and V): 8 Days

Typical Wait Time (Workdays**) for a Nonimmigrant Visa To Be Processed****: 2 days

Hi Sandeep 

It seems your visa got clearance......can you post the......Post-Clearance activity of how you got the PassPort stamped...step by step....

Thanks In Advance...

Parker

Hi Sandeep 

It seems your visa got clearance......can you post the......Post-Clearance activity of how you got the PassPort stamped...step by step....

Thanks In Advance...

Parker

My Status still shows Administrative Processing . I did not got clearance email yet.

And out of curiosity, and yesterday i went to Consulate to ask for status, and when can i submit the passport.

and the lady at the window (outside) checked my status, and told that i can submit passport if i want, which i did submitted. And she mentioned for check for email from Loomis regarding pickup.

I did not receive any email from Loomis yet.

My Status still shows Administrative Processing . I did not got clearance email yet.

And out of curiosity, and yesterday i went to Consulate to ask for status, and when can i submit the passport.

and the lady at the window (outside) checked my status, and told that i can submit passport if i want, which i did submitted. And she mentioned for check for email from Loomis regarding pickup.

Got you Sandeep.......

Plz update us if you hear from them.... That would help in assessing the timeline in our cases...

thanks,

Parker

So my Story...

Interview Date: November 18th for H1B renewal for me and H4 for Wife.

Consulate: Ottawa

We got 221G White.

CEAC shows Admin processing

It's been 48 Days now. 

Already added in Checkee list.

P.S. I got my first H1B stamped in ottawa from F1 ( it took 40 days for administrative processing in 2009/10- I thought this time Ottawa won't put me in AdminProcsses.. but i was wrong).

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Attempted to submit passport on Dec 24th at Toronto Consulate however closed due to weather/holidays

Submitted passport Dec 31st

Collected passport with updated Visa sticker from Consulate on Jan 3rd

Good luck to all still waiting for clearance email and/or passport collection. Be patient and don't lose hope

Hey Sandeep,even I submitted my passport on Thursday, Jan 2nd like you. I never got clearance email from consulate. The lady at the counter checked and collected my passport when I went in to inquire. Appreciate it you can update me (email id in my profile) when you get your waybill # from Loomis. My case status still shows administrative processing.

Archived