Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fellow H1-B's

The Biggest Thanks Giving Gift that United States given me this year.

Got clearance email today at 12:32 PM. Once, after seeing the email - I took a deep breath & called my parents, after that I just ran to embassy to deliver my PP (Reached there at 3:00 PM, & I'm the last in the line)

Requested to get the PP picked at embassy on Friday.

Short Review of My story -

Interview_Date: 11/05/2013

Case Creation Date: 05-Nov-2013

Status Updated Date: 26-Nov-2013 (The date which I got clearance email)

Total_Waiting_Days: 22

I will write a detailed review, when I find time (with all the research I have done, it will be helpful to every victim of 221G)

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622) - Please update the cases here, once you got the clearance email, it will be really helpful to the folks who are waiting.

Thanks,

Murthyh1b

Congrats Murthyh1b,

From which email address you received email from and what is the Subject ?

Hello Guys, I received 221g Yellow Slip and did not ask to submit any documents, VO just told me that its Administrative Processing might take few weeks. My interview was on Nov 5th and so far no status change online, my employer and clients have not been contacted yet. Does anyone know what this means and is there anyone with same situation.

What I would suggest is please ask your company attorney to file G28 Form to find out the status on your case...

@ uppuluriv     What is this G28 form..  ? 

Can we file this through attorney within 2 weeks of Interview... ?

Any instances where filing this has expedited the process.. ?

Thank you

Cukegene, looks like only your, mine, Ravi and Bhagath's cases are pending from Oct. Our interview dates are respectfully 2nd, 7th, 8th and 9th. Last update was on 16th Oct for all of us. I'm not even sure if there's anyone still anyone working on our cases at the consulate.

Smuppala-

Yes; mine is pending since Oct 2 with yellow slip. Last updated Oct 16. I do not know whats going on.

Hi,

Yesterday on 29th Nov I had my H1B interview. This was to renew my H1B for the same employer. The VO asked about my job , how long I have worked and my education which was phd in Industrial engg and focus on data mining. He gave me a 221G green form and asked me to send the resume via email. He kept my passport.

Has anyone experienced this?

@days01

I have a similar situation and was requested to submit soft copy of resume via email even though a hard copy was reviewed during the interview. In the green form the line item " Details concerning the exact nature of your field of study/research...." was also checked. 

My appointment was on Nov 18 and I submitted all documents via email the same day in the evening. I am waiting for email to submit passport. 

@Days01 & Immitraveler: 

I had my interview on Nov 19th, they gave me Green Slip 221g form and asked me to submit resume. They said Admin Processing might take 3-4 weeks on my interview day. I'm also waiting for the clearance email from the consulate to submit my passport. It has been 14 days and I didn't get any email from them. 

Please let me know if you hear back anything from the consulate. I'll do the same. Thanks. 

@Uppuluriv: Thanks, good that u got the email before doing anything. 

@days01

I have a similar situation and was requested to submit soft copy of resume via email even though a hard copy was reviewed during the interview. In the green form the line item " Details concerning the exact nature of your field of study/research...." was also checked. 

My appointment was on Nov 18 and I submitted all documents via email the same day in the evening. I am waiting for email to submit passport. 

hii.. Did you get any case number in the email and any confirmation email that they have received the documents you sent ??

Dear All,

Did everyone gets the confirmation email regarding the receipt of documents whoever sends his/her documents via email to trtFPU@state.gov.  I sent my docs on 13 November but haven't received any confirmation regarding the receipt of Docs as of today. 

Is it better to drop the docs in Dropbox? But they specifically mentioned to send the docs via email in the 221G email. 

I did ask them to send an acknowledgement email twice to trtFPU and trtniv but no response as of today.

Thanks.

Archived