Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Guys,

I just received an email from consulate today to submit my passport.

Here are my details

Attended Visa on OCT 21 st

Got email from consulate on 25th Nov to submit my passport.

Hi Uppuluriv,

How many times your CEAC got changed, as of today (I know it never changed after your visa interview)

Please let us know what color forms you got, and what you submitted to embassy.

Thanks,

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM) - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622 (Update the cases here, once you got the clearance email)

@ NIV Applicant ,  @ uppuluriv , @ heuristix

Congratulations everyone ....

Here's my story..

I attended my Interveiw on19 Nov got white slip and they didnt ask me to submit any documents. I am thinking of contacting state senator ( as heuristix mentioned in one of the previous posts).. Is it fine if I go ahead and explain my situation or can I wait for some more time ... ? )

@heuristix: 

Hello,

I had appointment on Nov 19th'2013 at Toronto and got Green Slip and the VO said that it might take 1-2 weeks. I read your post, can you please elaborate on "In case you have problems getting this as an individual, ask your employer to contact the same office. As local employers, I am sure their voice would be heard." 

What can I ask my employer to write and to whom? What did you do exactly? Please advice, so that I can ask my employer to help me. 

How many days did you wait to get your passport in your hands with Visa Stamped? 

Thanks. 

@Sai

You can ask your employer to reach out to them if you are having problems reaching the office yourself. You should give them details on your case like case no, passport no, 797 no, explain your situation and ask if they can help.

My visa appointment was on 10/24 and I got my passport with the stamp on 11/22

@ Exiled-by-221G  : I was late to reply. Finally I came to USA. To answer your question, call the number to that international Visitors Office. They would take the initiative to clear your visa. I should not be rude to you but you have to take initiative. Nothing will come to you at all. You have to do phone call from your end. Ask their help !!! 

Tel: +1 ********* Fax: +1 ********** Email: ******************

@NIVApplicant - Trust me I am picking up the phone and trying all the standard procedures. I just wasn't aware of the international Visitors Office you mentioned... will try that next.

Thanks for updating us on you status after you return. Good to know you are back home safe!

there is nothing to contact anyone... i have not contacted any one...

Just be patient and make sure you submit all the docs carefully.

here is my visa experience...

me: GM VO

VO: GM

VO: Looking at passport... (asked me are you still studying)

me: I am done with my masters and i am on my H1B work visa

VO: What is your masters??

Me: Masters in electrical engineering

VO: what is your specialization

me: VLSI

VO : handed over my passport and green slip (221g)

asked me to submit my CV/resume, projects, list of publications and source of funding.

As suggested submitted all the docs on Oct 24th (Interview on oct 21st)

After that never contacted consulate.. not over phone or email...

CEAC Status is still showing AP(never changed)... but received email this morning to submit my passport. (Nov 25th)

Going tomorrow to submit my passport.

will keep you posted on my case...

there is nothing to contact anyone... i have not contacted any one...

Just be patient and make sure you submit all the docs carefully.

here is my visa experience...

me: GM VO

VO: GM

VO: Looking at passport... (asked me are you still studying)

me: I am done with my masters and i am on my H1B work visa

VO: What is your masters??

Me: Masters in electrical engineering

VO: what is your specialization

me: VLSI

VO : handed over my passport and green slip (221g)

asked me to submit my CV/resume, projects, list of publications and source of funding.

As suggested submitted all the docs on Oct 24th (Interview on oct 21st)

After that never contacted consulate.. not over phone or email...

CEAC Status is still showing AP(never changed)... but received email this morning to submit my passport. (Nov 25th)

Going tomorrow to submit my passport.

will keep you posted on my case...

Congrats @ uppuluriv... after reading successful stories like these.. we get hope that someone is working on our cases... !

My CEAC Just got updated to this status

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it after more than five (5) working days, please visit www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information to track your courier waybill, to check your profile at the appointment website, or send an email to Contactus_en_ca@usvisa-info.com to determine the status of your passport.

Detail timeline US B1/B2 visit visa:

previously US BI/B2 visa refused 1990 & 2005

interview 13/04/2013 AP yellow slip

Document not checked by VO (ticket, hotel booking, status in Canada, Paystub, employer letter)

week later send the DOC by myself (without asking it)

E-mail passport request 13/11/2013 No DOC requested

passport submitted 14/11/2013 CEAC AP

CEAC status update 26/11/2013 issued final processing

Hi Fellow H1-B's

Please do a favor for me, and this will be helpful to track all our 221G's.

Step:1 - Go to GOOGLE & type "checkee". Hit the first link (CHECK REPORTER)

Step:2 - Click on "Add Your Case" on the top left corner

Step:3 - Fill the "Report Your Case"

Step:4 - ID* (Make sure, your ID is same as murthy forum Member ID) - It will be easy for us to track

Step:5 - Check Date* (Your VISA date)

Step:6 - If it's pending leave Complete Date*/ If it's complete put your VISA Issued Date.

Step:7 - In the NOTE (Write your comments, like what color 221G you got, and what documents you submitted to the VISA officer)

Please fill this & reply to this post - it's easy to track the list here & we can do all other little chats here in murthy forum.

Thanks,

Murthyh1b

Hi Fellow H1-B's

The Biggest Thanks Giving Gift that United States given me this year.

Got clearance email today at 12:32 PM. Once, after seeing the email - I took a deep breath & called my parents, after that I just ran to embassy to deliver my PP (Reached there at 3:00 PM, & I'm the last in the line)

Requested to get the PP picked at embassy on Friday.

Short Review of My story -

Interview_Date: 11/05/2013

Case Creation Date: 05-Nov-2013

Status Updated Date: 26-Nov-2013 (The date which I got clearance email)

Total_Waiting_Days: 22

I will write a detailed review, when I find time (with all the research I have done, it will be helpful to every victim of 221G)

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622) - Please update the cases here, once you got the clearance email, it will be really helpful to the folks who are waiting.

Thanks,

Murthyh1b

@interaction, @naga chandra @others

Once you receive an email following AP is there a timeline provided in which you need to turn in your passport to the consulate?

I am debating to travel away a little and want to be careful in case there is a very small window to submit the passport for exchange only 24-48hrs etc. 

In addition does the email specify specific day or time when the passport needs to be dropped off or can one do it anytime during the consulate's business hrs?

Archived