Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

Hello folks:

if possible, can you all please put your date of interview (when you got the 221g and color) include date, month & year

also include when its approved

this way we can have a table to track which one was the last approved 221g - so we can estimate the time for our 221g to be processed based on the last approved 221g 

can we all do it?

mine:

interview date: Spetember 11 2013

issue resolved: not yet

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied for a b1/b2 visa on the 18th of March 2013. After the interview I was given a yellow 221g letter and was told I should get a response in 2 weeks. However I have not got a respeonse from the consulate yet.

I was in the USA from 2006 on a F-1 visa and then got My h1b which I did not renew and left USA in 2012.

On the visa status page it shows case created 18th march 2013

last update 29 september 2013 but it is still in ap

I have not yet recieved any email from the consulate to submit my passport for stamping.

I would like to know if anyone on 22g who did not submit the passport did the status page ask them to submit it when the ap was over.

I applied for a b1/b2 visa on the 18th of March 2013. After the interview I was given a yellow 221g letter and was told I should get a response in 2 weeks. However I have not got a respeonse from the consulate yet.

I was in the USA from 2006 on a F-1 visa and then got My h1b which I did not renew and left USA in 2012.

On the visa status page it shows case created 18th march 2013

last update 29 september 2013 but it is still in ap

I have not yet recieved any email from the consulate to submit my passport for stamping.

I would like to know if anyone on 22g who did not submit the passport did the status page ask them to submit it when the ap was over.

woow thats a long wait man... hope it gets approved soon ....but i guess since yours is B1/B2 you might not be as worried as other guys

Hello guys, from this forum, I have complied the data of who got 221Gs in Toronto. I have pasted the excel table below...hopefully this helps us all to track and estimate time...your suggestions are welcome... hope this table displays and Mods dont delete or something

Profile ID City 221G Color Interview date Case Completion date Passport with VO/Candidate Wait time Comments univer959595 Toronto Yellow 8/8/2013 9/18/2013 Candidate 41 http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63116-221g-green-in-toronto-july-29/ Earnest Toronto Green 7/29/2013 unknown Candidate #VALUE! http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63116-221g-green-in-toronto-july-29/ justin9 Toronto Yellow 9/25/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/64076-h1-b-221g-toronto-canada/ Visa member Toronto Yellow 9/25/2013 9/27/2013 VO 2   saladin2012 Toronto Yellow 5/1/2013 9/4/2013 Candidate 126 http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/57059-h1b-stamping-toronto-may-1-administrative-processing-221g-yellow/ amirferoz Toronto Yellow 3/18/2013 case open Candidate #VALUE! B1/B2
http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63337-calling-all-toronto-221gs/
            0               0               0               0               0               0               0               0  

I had my first H1 stamping interview today 10/2/2013 @ 9:00 a.m. I did masters in Industrial &Systems Engineering and working in I.T field for past 2 years. I am on H1 since March 2012.

Questions asked:

What is your highest Degree?
What is your specialization?
What is your final project topic?

That's all he asked for and gave 221g yellow . He did not ask any documents and kept I797 with him. I saw " PIMS expired" written on DS160 confirmation page. He said we need to get PIMS updated and we don't know how long its going to take. There is no batch number/date written on 221g, just my last name and "Necessary administrative processing " was selected. Not sure if they request documents later or not.

Did anyone had this situation and How long it took to resolve the case.

@torentovisa  : There are 3 counters open today .

Counter 5: Chinese lady : She is asking few questions and giving the visa ( I saw many chinese people today in Consulate comapred to Indians). I saw her giving pink forms to few people

Counter6:  White Guy : HE is asking lot of questions and finally approving the visa.

Counter 7: He looks like Afro-American (he took my interview). This guy is serious and asking many questions and he is the one who gave most 221g's when i was there. One Indian family with small kids also got pink 221g at this counter.

The  "forum" famous Chinese VO was not there at that time.

Hope this helps. Be prepared for all the outcomes.

I had my first H1 stamping interview today 10/2/2013 @ 9:00 a.m. I did masters in Industrial &Systems Engineering and working in I.T field for past 2 years. I am on H1 since March 2012.

Questions asked:

What is your highest Degree?

What is your specialization?

What is your final project topic?

That's all he asked for and gave 221g yellow . He did not ask any documents and kept I797 with him. I saw " PIMS expired" written on DS160 confirmation page. He said we need to get PIMS updated and we don't know how long its going to take. There is no batch number/date written on 221g, just my last name and "Necessary administrative processing " was selected. Not sure if they request documents later or not.

Did anyone had this situation and How long it took to resolve the case.

@torentovisa  : There are 3 counters open today .

Counter 5: Chinese lady : She is asking few questions and giving the visa ( I saw many chinese people today in Consulate comapred to Indians). I saw her giving pink forms to few people

Counter6:  White Guy : HE is asking lot of questions and finally approving the visa.

Counter 7: He looks like Afro-American (he took my interview). This guy is serious and asking many questions and he is the one who gave most 221g's when i was there. One Indian family with small kids also got pink 221g at this counter.

The  "forum" famous Chinese VO was not there at that time.

Hope this helps. Be prepared for all the outcomes.

Hi Kiran - sorry to hear about your visa status..... i got 221g yellow on september 11 and have no update as of yet .... i didnot see what was written on my DS confirmation page ... but the VO didnt tell me anything except that they need to do some admin processing ... i have no update...not even the case update date has changed....

congrats dude....now its just a matter of 3 days...

How long was the wait?

Status on the website was updated on the 29th september 2013 from 18th march 2013. I got an email on 1st October to submit my passport since it was a Tuesday I submitted it the same day. Today case status was updated again showing 3rd of October but it is still showing administrative processing. I hope I don't go thorough this torture again. After 2 years I become a canadian citizen so I dont need usa visa anymore. Its just on the indian passport I need one to visit my family.

As said by VO, It was PIMS update that made me get 221g yellow on Oct 2nd. I got an email on the next day from consulate, asking me to submit the passport. I submitted on the same day with all the requested documents

oThis request.

• The notice of suspension letter received at your interview.
  • Your passport (must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended stay in the United States).

My status is still showing "Admin processing" . Hope it will be changed to "issued" atleast by  Tuesday 10/08.

Hello folks.

I went to Toronto,CA today for the H1b extension along with my wife for H4, i got first stamping done in Chennai.

Below were the questions.

1.HOW are you related (to my wife)?
Ans: Spouse
2.What are you?
Ans: Programmer Analayst at *********
3. What is you education?
Ans: Bachelors in engineering also have masteris in Business administration
4.How long are you married(to my wife)?
Ans: 4 Yrs
5,Any kids?
And: No not yet
6 Level of education( to my wife)?
Ans: Bachelors in engineering

Looked into his machine for a long time and the he said we need to further review your application, we will contact you by email and hanged me 22g yellow.

I asked below.

what type of processing?
Cant tell you now.

How long will it take?
Not sure.

I am currently blank now and out of ideas on what should be my next steps to approach this situation. I will really appreciate your inputs here.

VO did not take any documents other than my 797 and my wife's.

Thanks!

Hello folks.

I went to Toronto,CA today for the H1b extension along with my wife for H4, i got first stamping done in Chennai.

Below were the questions.

1.HOW are you related (to my wife)?
Ans: Spouse
2.What are you?
Ans: Programmer Analayst at *********
3. What is you education?
Ans: Bachelors in engineering also have masteris in Business administration
4.How long are you married(to my wife)?
Ans: 4 Yrs
5,Any kids?
And: No not yet
6 Level of education( to my wife)?
Ans: Bachelors in engineering

Looked into his machine for a long time and the he said we need to further review your application, we will contact you by email and hanged me 22g yellow.

I asked below.

what type of processing?
Cant tell you now.

How long will it take?
Not sure.

I am currently blank now and out of ideas on what should be my next steps to approach this situation. I will really appreciate your inputs here.

VO did not take any documents other than my 797 and my wife's.

Thanks!

If that is a PIMS update, then it should be quick. Wait for email from consulate, In case if they need any further documents. My interview was on Oct 2nd, got an email from consulate on Oct 3rd requesting to submit passport. My status was last updated on Oct 3rd and it still shows "Administrative processing". Cant do anything except to wait patiently.

FYI...Just not to scare you ..but this is the current scenario in Toronto consulate.Some people in the line who came to submit passport are waiting for 3-6 months before they got email from consulate to submit the passport. 

Hope they will resolve the case's soon. Keep fingers crossed.

What questions did they ask for...

Nothing much.

how long are you working for your employer ?

who are you working for before ?

Asked cap gap i20 as i am coming from OPT to H1b, pay stubs, 2012 tax returns...then said your profile seems fine but we have to further investigate on your employer. We will notify you and your employer by email. 

Took i797 and returned my passport.

If that is a PIMS update, then it should be quick. Wait for email from consulate, In case if they need any further documents. My interview was on Oct 2nd, got an email from consulate on Oct 3rd requesting to submit passport. My status was last updated on Oct 3rd and it still shows "Administrative processing". Cant do anything except to wait patiently.

FYI...Just not to scare you ..but this is the current scenario in Toronto consulate.Some people in the line who came to submit passport are waiting for 3-6 months before they got email from consulate to submit the passport. 

update: my client was contacted today.

Profile ID                               City                 221G Color   Interview date Case Completion date   Passport with VO/Candidate                   Wait time

univer959595                     Toronto         Yellow            8/8/2013     9/18/2013   Candidate     41

Earnest                                  Toronto         Green            7/29/2013   9/14/2013   Candidate     47

justin9                                   Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Visa member                        Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   9/27/2013   VO                   2

saladin2012                         Toronto         Yellow            5/1/2013     9/4/2013     Candidate     126

amirferoz                              Toronto         Yellow            3/18/2013   10/1/2013   Candidate     197

chavvavijay                            Toronto         Green            9/30/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

maverick.dexter                  Toronto         Green            9/24/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

josephsn                               Toronto         Yellow            4/8/2013     5/3/2013     Candidate     25

prithvik                                  Toronto         Yellow            6/17/2013   8/21/2013   Candidate     65

kiran335                                Toronto         Yellow            10/2/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

ravi6775                                Toronto         Yellow            10/8/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

bi2013                                   Toronto         Green            10/9/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Profile ID                               City                 221G Color   Interview date Case Completion date   Passport with VO/Candidate                   Wait time

univer959595                     Toronto         Yellow            8/8/2013     9/18/2013   Candidate     41

Earnest                                  Toronto         Green            7/29/2013   9/14/2013   Candidate     47

justin9                                   Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Visa member                        Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   9/27/2013   VO                   2

saladin2012                         Toronto         Yellow            5/1/2013     9/4/2013     Candidate     126

amirferoz                              Toronto         Yellow            3/18/2013   10/1/2013   Candidate     197

chavvavijay                            Toronto         Green            9/30/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

maverick.dexter                  Toronto         Green            9/24/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

josephsn                               Toronto         Yellow            4/8/2013     5/3/2013     Candidate     25

prithvik                                  Toronto         Yellow            6/17/2013   8/21/2013   Candidate     65

kiran335                                Toronto         Yellow            10/2/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

ravi6775                                Toronto         Yellow            10/8/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

bi2013                                   Toronto         Green            10/9/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Small correction:

I got email saying my case was concluded on 10/03 and I submitted the passport on the same day. But there are no updates after that.

Archived