OPT extension query..options if it gets rejected..?

phmx

Hi,

I got rfe on my opt extension asking to show the relation between my Masters degree and current work. So, if my OPT extension application is denied after replying to the RFE, will my SEVIS get terminated immediately, or, will I be given sometime to transfer to another university?  

This is what my plan is though, will try to get admission or acceptance letter prior to replying for OPT query, as I will not get different i20 with same SEVIS from another university,and, if my extension application is denied, I can transfer to this new univ to where I have acceptance letter from

But, I am not sure, if MY SEVIS gets terminated immediately or if I will be given sometime, and even though if I am given sometime, will any univ accept my SEVIS transfer.

Please post your suggestions guys, they will be very helpful for me.. thanks in advance..

Hi,

I got rfe on my opt extension asking to show the relation between my Masters degree and current work. So, if my OPT extension application is denied after replying to the RFE, will my SEVIS get terminated immediately, or, will I be given sometime to transfer to another university?  

This is what my plan is though, will try to get admission or acceptance letter prior to replying for OPT query, as I will not get different i20 with same SEVIS from another university,and, if my extension application is denied, I can transfer to this new univ to where I have acceptance letter from

But, I am not sure, if MY SEVIS gets terminated immediately or if I will be given sometime, and even though if I am given sometime, will any univ accept my SEVIS transfer.

Please post your suggestions guys, they will be very helpful for me.. thanks in advance..

You will have 60 days time to change univ if your OPT is denied.

You will have 60 days of grace period, but why are you worried? Are you sure that your ext will be rejected??

Joining some school in stay in US doesn't work, you have already completed one degree. If you want to join some school why don't you do right away??

thanks for your inputs guys.. I appreciate this.. As I mentioned, my current work is not related to the major I am graduated in Masters and someone says this as a status violation and so if OPT gets denied, it will be considered as status violation and so the SEVIS will be terminated immediately, but not sure, waiting to look for an attorney...

thanks for your inputs guys.. I appreciate this.. As I mentioned, my current work is not related to the major I am graduated in Masters and someone says this as a status violation and so if OPT gets denied, it will be considered as status violation and so the SEVIS will be terminated immediately, but not sure, waiting to look for an attorney...

If that's the case then, its difficult to get ext. Better consult an attorney before it's late.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Did you give a try to relate or justify that somewhere your coursework is related to the work? The reason for asking is, I am trying to get a letter from my professor saying that atleast in one of my courses, I had the coursework which is little bit close to the work I am doing now.. So, if you already did this kind of attempt and it got rejected, then, I wont even think of this option and join a new univ, as this is the last option I am left with.. Thank you so much for taking your time to answer..

Hi,

Hi,

I got the exact same issue. Had an RFE on my EAD. They asked me the following documents:

1) My every employers name from 8th Aug 2012(when my EAD started) to current.

2) My job title and job responsibilities at all jobs from 8th Aug 2012 to current.

2) All the pay stubs from 8th Aug 2012 to current.

3) My W-2 for the year 2012.

I replied them with all the requested documents in Sept first week except my W-2 for year 2012 as I worked as an unpaid intern from Oct 2012 till March 2013 and in mid-march I I got a new paid job.

So i produced all my pay stubs from March'13 till August'13. And as an unpaid intern is allowed in the 1st year of OPT I didn't provide them with any pay stubs before March 2013 and no W-2 for 2012(which I think is fine according to the law).

Last week the USCIS updated the decision on their site as EAD denied. They haven't mentioned the reason yet, I will know the reason in the letter I receive this week.

I feel my reply was satisfactory I am not sure why was it denied. Just that I couldn't produce pay stubs from last year so they might have felt that I was unemployed for more than 90 days!

But I had sent them the offer and relieving letter from my unpaid job, so I am not sure about the real reason, will wait till the letter comes.

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO WAIT FOR THIS WEEK, DON'T REPLY TO THEM TILL MY LETTER COMES IN. AS MY LETTER WOULD BE IN I WILL KNOW THE REASON ON WHICH I WAS REJECTED AND OUR CASE IS SIMILAR SO THEY MAY TRY TO SCREW YOU ON THE SAME ISSUE. SO WAIT, I WILL TELL YOU THE REASON AND THEN YOU CAN PROCEED !

All the Best!!!

- white leo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi White leo,

Firstly, thanks for the attitude that you wanted to help others.. did you hear back from USCIS? Also, if I get my transferred to a new university now (mid october 2013), can I start my classes from January 2014? Is it possible that the univ allows my transfer request now with the classes being started in January. Also, is it legal?

Thanks for your help guys..

Archived