H1-F1-H1: Can an existing H1 stamp be used for foreign travel with newly approved H1 approval notice

VishnuK

Hello, 

I have a valid H1B stamp until Feb 2014 (through a cap-exempt company NON PROFIT). Recently, I changed my status to F1 because I lost my job. I applied for H1B (cap subjected PROFIT company) again this April.  My new cap subjected H1B got approved, and I will begin working from October 1 onwards. I'm planning to travel to India in December.

1. Can I use my old H1b stamp (valid until Feb 2014) to reenter US with my newly approved H1b notice. or Do i need to get a new visa stamp with recently approved H1B?

2. Does my change of status from H1-F1-H1 cause any problem for my travel on existing H1B stamp?

3. Also, I have "CLEARANCE RECEIVED" written on my existing valid H1B stamp. Will this cause any issue for me to return back with newly approved H1 approval?

Thank you!

Hello, 

I have a valid H1B stamp until Feb 2014 (through a cap-exempt company NON PROFIT). Recently, I changed my status to F1 because I lost my job. I applied for H1B (cap subjected PROFIT company) again this April.  My new cap subjected H1B got approved, and I will begin working from October 1 onwards. I'm planning to travel to India in December.

1. Can I use my old H1b stamp (valid until Feb 2014) to reenter US with my newly approved H1b notice. or Do i need to get a new visa stamp with recently approved H1B?

2. Does my change of status from H1-F1-H1 cause any problem for my travel on existing H1B stamp?

3. Also, I have "CLEARANCE RECEIVED" written on my existing valid H1B stamp. Will this cause any issue for me to return back with newly approved H1 approval?

Thank you!

(1) Yes, you can.

(2) No.

(3) No.

Archived