Can my sister (mentally challenged) go along with my parents for Visting visa?

deepu1987

Here is my case.  Urgent help needed!!

I want to apply visitng visa for my parents and to my sister who is mentally challanged( she stays at home and she is not having any school education). My father is a government employee and he has to return back as he has few more years of service. My mom and sister are dependent on my dad. I am in U.S from 2009 and currently on H1-B visa. I wnat them to come and visit me for sometime.

I heard that if my sister goes along with parents for visting visa there are more chances that even my parents visa might get rejected. Is that true? Is that better to go my parents first and then my dad/mom can accompany for my sister's visa?

Here is my case.  Urgent help needed!!

I want to apply visitng visa for my parents and to my sister who is mentally challanged( she stays at home and she is not having any school education). My father is a government employee and he has to return back as he has few more years of service. My mom and sister are dependent on my dad. I am in U.S from 2009 and currently on H1-B visa. I wnat them to come and visit me for sometime.

I heard that if my sister goes along with parents for visting visa there are more chances that even my parents visa might get rejected. Is that true? Is that better to go my parents first and then my dad/mom can accompany for my sister's visa?

I would suggest you to contact Murthy law firm and do accordingly.

1. Hi there, I was also in the same situation in 2011 as you are now. My sister is also Mentally handicapped and I sent all three including my parents for Visitor Visa. I was not aware of that time about the consequences of sending 3 at the same time. So the end result was the VO rejected all 3 of them. After visiting and taking the advice from Sheela Murthy here in US, I re-applied in later half of 2012 for my mother and sister. In this case they granted visa to my mom but rejected my sister visa. For my sister (who is unmarried) what the VO said that she does not have record of overseas travel in her passport and told my mom better luck next time for my sis.

I have heard from sources that it is difficult for mentally challenged people to get visa. Inspite of having the letter from her doctor indicating that she will not be causing any harm nor will be the liability to US Government, it still did not work out second time. I am thinking of re-applying for her. But this time I will make sure that I will do a short overseas travel with her to closer countries prior to applying.

So Gentlemen and Ladies, If anyone had luck getting thier siblings or son or daughter who is mentally challenged on visitor visa over here, please share your experiences and provide us with any valuable insight. (which also may include the case on medical grounds)

Thank you very much

Naveen

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...