Which category of green card application do I come under? Pls help

My masters is in Pharmacy (covered under stem categories of masters degrees). I already have a pgdca certification (post graduate diploma in computers - from india)

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/stem-list.pdf

I have zero years experience in it industry. Started working in financial IT industry since last 6 months. My employer willing to do my green card now.

immigration Lawyer mentioned that I have no eligibility to apply under eb2. - so strictly ruled out. I read online that stem category masters is eligible for eb2.

under eb3, i need to have two years of full time IT experience..  (which i dont have)

Else I will be under non skilled worker category. 

with a masters degree i do not wish to apply in non skilled worker category for my green card. 

please give me any suggestions/ advice.. 

Thanks

My masters is in Pharmacy (covered under stem categories of masters degrees). I already have a pgdca certification (post graduate diploma in computers - from india)

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/stem-list.pdf

I have zero years experience in it industry. Started working in financial IT industry since last 6 months. My employer willing to do my green card now.

immigration Lawyer mentioned that I have no eligibility to apply under eb2. - so strictly ruled out. I read online that stem category masters is eligible for eb2.

under eb3, i need to have two years of full time IT experience..  (which i dont have)

with a masters degree i do not wish to apply in non skilled worker category for my green card. 

Thanks

First, your H1B itself will have issues as your degree is not related to work. Wait for other members opinion.

Thanks

Firstly, your degree is not at all related to your JOB.Second, you doesn't have enough exp in your job, keeping these two IMPORTANT points  in mind, now calculate your GC chances.

Firstly, your degree is not at all related to your JOB.Second, you doesn't have enough exp in your job, keeping these two IMPORTANT points  in mind, now calculate your GC chances.

Hi Rahul, I didnt get you. How do I calculate? I know lot of desi companies apply for green card in the first 6 months after someone starts a job.. I am not sure why my chances are low? Will it be a reject if I apply under eb3/ non skilled worker category as per my lawyers suggestions? Pls let me know your thoughts.

I already have H1B approved without any queries.. 

We are not here to scare you. There is always a possibility when you exit US and apply for a H1B visa or apply for an extension of status when you are in US there might be a denial based on your education not related to your profession. It will me more tough when applying for a GC. Talk to an immigration attorney like Murthy law firm to get better details

Hi Rahul, I didnt get you. How do I calculate? I know lot of desi companies apply for green card in the first 6 months after someone starts a job.. I am not sure why my chances are low? Will it be a reject if I apply under eb3/ non skilled worker category as per my lawyers suggestions? Pls let me know your thoughts.

GC is for future employment.  So when your employer starts your GC processing he has to tell the US govt that you have the skill set which matches with the job requirements posted in the paper ad. So keeping this in mind you won't be eligible for EB2 and since you doesn't have any kind of work exp you won't be eligible for EB3 bcos  your work exp is not related to your degree.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you wait for 2 years or let the First H1B be completed before you consider filing in EB2.

If you apply now with 0 years of experience, your employer's credibility will have be questioned as they are trying to file GC for a new employee without atleast 2 years of work exp.

You will have the risk of rejection if you apply immediately without having to wait until you have the required work experience.

Archived