Accepted educational institutes for immigration requirements

newuser21

Hi,

Which of these universities are acceptable for USCIS educational requirements for EB2 and EB3 GC processing? 

To name few, Capella University, University of Phoenix, Western Governors University have online programs, even a small collage like Peirce College, Pennsylvanian are regionally accredited by accreditation institutes that are recognized by the department of education. But is that "regional accreditation" enough and acceptable for USCIS? How would I select a good school? I am expanding my education using my already established proficiency in my professional IT domain. Any good suggestions of schools from previous experiences? 

Thanks

are you studying to get a GC or you want to study to enhance your career? even if you do a MS here..the job requirement would need you to be eligible for EB2...just study if you want to and stay away from shady things...or LOOP

I am actually studying for GC. I have reached level of the top technical skills where I am a rare valued person and always in a high demand. Basically I have built my knowledge and skills from my experience and my own desire of continual growth. I am certainly more knowledgeable, creative and productive compared to anyone else who acquired knowledge from a collage degree (no offense to any graduate but I am one of those people who are completely self-made built upon their intelligence, motivation, potentials).

So study/degree is just a piece of paper for me to help in my immigration matter, and reduce the wait time on GC. Considering that I am trying to pick a school that will be very well accepted by USCIS for my immigration case.

So study/degree is just a piece of paper for me to help in my immigration matter, and reduce the wait time on GC. Considering that I am trying to pick a school that will be very well accepted by USCIS for my immigration case.

If you are so talented then you might be eligible for GC with your experience. So why don't you talk with an attorney about this instead of wasting time and money for a degree and also reduces the risk for not abusing the immigration system( for getting a degree only for GC).

If you are so talented then you might be eligible for GC with your experience. So why don't you talk with an attorney about this instead of wasting time and money for a degree and also reduces the risk for not abusing the immigration system( for getting a degree only for GC).

I have though of this option, I certainly want to try this path. After a having a degree, it will be helpful to try this option.  

As of now I have to depend on the h1b job as a single source of income. 

I am actually studying for GC. I have reached level of the top technical skills where I am a rare valued person and always in a high demand. Basically I have built my knowledge and skills from my experience and my own desire of continual growth. I am certainly more knowledgeable, creative and productive compared to anyone else who acquired knowledge from a collage degree (no offense to any graduate but I am one of those people who are completely self-made built upon their intelligence, motivation, potentials).

Wow..you have selled yourself. If you are soo talented then forget a piece of paper from some ****** Univ and apply yourself in EB2-NIW or EB1...get in touch with an Attorney.

I am actually studying for GC. I have reached level of the top technical skills where I am a rare valued person and always in a high demand.

It doesn't seem that you have reached a top level of skills.

People with top-level of skills don't go to a university for a GC. They go to a university to learn things.

And if you are oh-so in high demand, why don't you go for NIW???

I have though of this option, I certainly want to try this path. After a having a degree, it will be helpful to try this option.  

Their are millions of families with single source of income (including myself). You should be happy that you have a better life compared to your friends at your home country. But please don't abuse the immigration system, future students ( may be from your country too) has to pay the price.

Their are millions of families with single source of income (including myself). You should be happy that you have a better life compared to your friends at your home country. But please don't abuse the immigration system, future students ( may be from your country too) has to pay the price.

How is that an abuse of the immigration system? As per the law permits. I already had h1b for 6 yrs, GC being processed based on my education and experiences. I am continuing my h1b and willing to do education at my will to help in future immigration and advance career. I do not see even a bit of violation of law in this directly or indirectly.  

How is that an abuse of the immigration system? As per the law permits. I already had h1b for 6 yrs, GC being processed based on my education and experiences. I am continuing my h1b and willing to do education at my will to help in future immigration and advance career. I do not see even a bit of violation of law in this directly or indirectly.  

"based on your education and experience"???

I rather doubt that. Somebody with education and experience wouldn't go to a university without he goal of actually studying.

I normally find your posts reasonable  but I do not see what is the "abuse"  in OP's plan.  OP wants to complete a Masters from a legit college .  Yes,  his "intent"  is to go for EB2  GC   and he can legally do that if he find a job requiring Masters.   No abuse anywhere . 

If his "intent"  is the abuse some of you are talking about ,  tell me why you went for your higher education ?   Why thousands of others go for higher education ..... it is all about money .  If only for knowledge,  you would not have seen thousands of Masters and PhDs working as Software developer, Senior Software Developer etc. 

Yeah, and?

If you are so much in demand as you say you are, your single source of income would surely be a six-figure income.

That's more than most Americans have. You'd be, if not in the 1%, but in the top 5%...

So, what again is your problem???

That's not abuse, it's misuse.

People go to school to learn something, not to get their GC's and that's nothing but misuse of the system.

BTW , can you reply to post#8? He knows more than me about the immigration.

99%  of thousands of students who come to US for so called "higher education"  come with just one single intent ---  get settled here and they do so getting a H1  followed by GC .  Is that not misuse ?     If "intent"  is what makes it misuse,  all these students are guilty of misuse.

BTW,  someone might be excellent in his work  but still not qualify for NIW.  Only a naïve can make such suggestion.     

OP did not ask anything illegal.  there is no point trying to point a finger to him.     

I normally find your posts reasonable  but I do not see what is the "abuse"  in OP's plan.  OP wants to complete a Masters from a legit college .  Yes,  his "intent"  is to go for EB2  GC   and he can legally do that if he find a job requiring Masters.   No abuse anywhere . 

If his "intent"  is the abuse some of you are talking about ,  tell me why you went for your higher education ?   Why thousands of others go for higher education ..... it is all about money .  If only for knowledge,  you would not have seen thousands of Masters and PhDs working as Software developer, Senior Software Developer etc. 

That's not abuse, that's misuse.

I don't know how many students were thinking about their GC's while going to school, but I agree that most of them were thinking about Job. Practically no one can stop from what OP is trying to do, but his intentions are wrong.

That's not abuse, that's misuse.

I don't know how many students were thinking about their GC's while going to school, but I agree that most of them were thinking about Job. Practically no one can stop from what OP is trying to do, but his intentions are wrong.

You earlier said "abuse"  now changed to "misuse"  ... still better.     It is also good that you  admit that you did not go for higher education for "knowledge"  but for a job .  

Coming to your point  "But please don't abuse the immigration system, future students ( may be from your country too) has to pay the price.".    It is commendable that you are thinking about future students.  But don't you think that it would be far more easier for future students  if the current students   who got an F1  saying that they would return after studies,  actually returns  after completing their study instead of switching to H1 (often through consulting companies)  and GC .     

Unlike these F1 students,  what OP is trying to do does not involve lie  anywhere . 

There is no misuse or abuse whatsoever.  If this is misuse,  it is also misuse to study when your intent is to get a job.

BTW,  someone might be excellent in his work  but still not qualify for NIW.  Only a naïve can make such suggestion.     

And only a naive would then claim to be "level of the top technical skills where I am a rare valued person and always in a high demand".

The OP is obviously not "always in a high demand." On the contrary, he is in such low demand that he has time for studying despite the claimed "high demand."

The OP (and you) obviously have some disconnect about what "to technical skills" and "high demand" means.

And only a naive would then claim to be "level of the top technical skills where I am a rare valued person and always in a high demand".

The OP is obviously not "always in a high demand." On the contrary, he is in such low demand that he has time for studying despite the claimed "high demand."

So you mean that highly skilled and high demand people do not have time to study ? What a logic !! You do not seem to have any clue on how a working person can study. Even though you might not , some people just have the ability to take up higher studies while working full time.

Bottomline -- what OP is proposing is perfectly legal  and ethical.  

Well, if a person is in high demand, such a person would not have time to study. The day only has 24 hours, as I hope you are aware...

And I hope you are aware that "high demand"  does not mean one need to work for 18 hours a day . 

I hope you are also aware that there are people (not me !!) who can live perfectly healthy with 4 hour sleep.

Do not judge everybody by your ability. 

And I hope you are aware that "high demand"  does not mean one need to work for 18 hours a day . 

I hope you are also aware that there are people (not me !!) who can live perfectly healthy with 4 hour sleep.

Do not judge everybody by your ability. 

This is not burger flipping. On this level, being in high demand means to not have the mental energy to study on the side.

If the OP had that mental energy, he would have done an advanced degree long ago, and would not look for just getting some paper for immigration purposes.

People who have excess mental energy go to graduate school for intellectual reasons, not for getting a paper.

It is obvious that you haven't thought these things through.

If OP comes into the category of "High Demand and Highly skilled" then I presume that he would know that studying in some shady Univ would be worthless and would rather aim to get into Ivy Leagues with his Company coming foward to pay for his Education.

spell out which university proposed by OP is shady and just wait for a lawsuit by the Universiity. 

Archived