18 months offshore GAP in my 6 years Can I stay/claim 18months GAP period

mac

hi to all,

I have been working on H1-B and my 6th year running currently, Two years back I have been working for an offshore project in Middle East holding Middle East visa that used to last 3 months after three months I used to visit US on US H1-B visa for 1 week break and again I used to visit Middle East with middle east visa working on a Project from US office hold with H1-B visa from my employer xyz company, Client location is in Middle East, My office is in US, I used to travel for work from US to client office in middle East. My payroll was running in US, when I was working at offshore. I have been in Middle East for 18th months hold Middle East visa and same time US H1-B visa. My question to you all can, I able to claim my 18th stay offshore in US on H1-B visa. What Do I need to do? Please Guide.

Thanks to all for replying...

hi to all,

I have been working on H1-B and my 6th year running currently, Two years back I have been working for an offshore project in Middle East holding Middle East visa that used to last 3 months after three months I used to visit US on US H1-B visa for 1 week break and again I used to visit Middle East with middle east visa working on a Project from US office hold with H1-B visa from my employer xyz company, Client location is in Middle East, My office is in US, I used to travel for work from US to client office in middle East. My payroll was running in US, when I was working at offshore. I have been in Middle East for 18th months hold Middle East visa and same time US H1-B visa. My question to you all can, I able to claim my 18th stay offshore in US on H1-B visa. What Do I need to do? Please Guide.

Thanks to all for replying...

Yes, you can capture time spent outside US towards your H1B. Contact your employer's attorney and he would guide you accordingly.

Archived