Visitor visa for father in law

Cognizant

Hi everyone,

I am applying for visitor visa for my father in law next month. I am sponsoring. I have couple questions.

1. How recent should be my employment letter? Is two months recent letter sufficient?

2. I have applied visitor visa for my parents on Aug 23 and they got their visa approved. So, is it ok to send my Father in law with 1 month gap?

I really appreciate your replies and thanks in advance.

Cognizant.

Hi everyone,

I am applying for visitor visa for my father in law next month. I am sponsoring. I have couple questions.

1. How recent should be my employment letter? Is two months recent letter sufficient?

2. I have applied visitor visa for my parents on Aug 23 and they got their visa approved. So, is it ok to send my Father in law with 1 month gap?

I really appreciate your replies and thanks in advance.

Cognizant.

I think your father-in-law is applying for a visitor visa and not you. Stay away from sponsoring him. Let him apply for a visa with his own documents.

So why should We stay away from sponsoring? Many people do that. FYI, this is the daughter posting not the son in law.

It does not matter who is sponsoring. The VO wants to be convinced that your parents have strong ties to your home country and not potential immigrants. That is the reason why if you provide your documents no strong ties could be established and mostly will end up in a denial. If they provide theirs it should be good for them. This is my opinion. Wait for others to comment.

So why should We stay away from sponsoring? Many people do that. FYI, this is the daughter posting not the son in law.

if you do so then that shows that your father doesn't have enough funds for his trip and he is dependent on you for expenses. And vo thinks that he will stay with you in US. 

Only thing req for visiting visa is ,

1. Strong ties ( like property or job)

2. Enough funds for the trip.

So, are you saying its ok to sponsor for parents and not in laws? coz like I said, my husband sponsored for his parents and they got their visa approved. They did not show any funds or strong ties.

No that's not correct. Their is nothing called sponsorship for visiting visa.

According to rules, applicant has to show strong ties while applying for visiting visa.

So, are you saying its ok to sponsor for parents and not in laws? coz like I said, my husband sponsored for his parents and they got their visa approved. They did not show any funds or strong ties.

There are cases that get approved like the way you had mentioned. Everything depends on whether VO is convinced or not. 

Ok! now I am relieved!!! So, there's nothing against sponsoring as long as you convince that you have strong ties to come back. Regarding my Dad, he is still working as a lawyer and four of my siblings are in India. I think that should prove it. We are just inviting him to visit some places in US. Anyways, thanks for your replies.

Ok! now I am relieved!!! So, there's nothing against sponsoring as long as you convince that you have strong ties to come back. Regarding my Dad, he is still working as a lawyer and four of my siblings are in India. I think that should prove it. We are just inviting him to visit some places in US. Anyways, thanks for your replies.

That's it. That's what you have to do, just send an invitation letter. And stay calm.

Archived