Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

TRavelling on EAD/AP combo Card

Recommended Posts


   I was on my H1B visa before i got the EAD/AP combo card through joint filing with my husband. Our I-485 is in pending status and i'm continuing to work on my EAD. I did not get my H4 stamped yet.

We are travelling to India for the first time after receving our EAD/AP Card.


My question is:

1. Do i need to get my H4 stamped to come back to US?

2. Can i use the EAD/AP card to return back?

3. In addition to the EAD/AP combo card do i need to carry any other documents to show at the Port of Entry while returning??


Please let me know as we are travelling in Oct and i have very less time to get things going.Appreciate your help!!!

Share this post

Link to post

Just show your EAD/AP Combo card along with the I-485 Receipts at the Port of Entry on your return and you are good to go. No need of H4 stamping. You might be taken to a Secondary Inspection..nothing to worry though.


Oct is still a long way. Enjoy your vacation.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this