H1B extension approved, H1B amendment pending, need to travel

Hi Friends,

I have an H1B extension approved last year. Since my work location changed, an H1B amendment has been filed. Can any body suggest if I can travel outside of US while this amendment is pending?

H1B extension approved and is valid until 09/2015

H1B amendment filed in a general processing (Got the receipt notice already)

Any advice will be helpful.

Hi Friends,

I have an H1B extension approved last year. Since my work location changed, an H1B amendment has been filed. Can any body suggest if I can travel outside of US while this amendment is pending?

H1B extension approved and is valid until 09/2015

H1B amendment filed in a general processing (Got the receipt notice already)

Any advice will be helpful.

You can go out from USA but while returning back you need to go for stamping. And as you said you applied for amendment you can go only for stamping once the amendment is approved.

Thanks for your reply Srikalyan.

I checked with my attorney (basically Paralegal). She responded saying that there wont be any issue. All I have to do is explain that my H-1B amendment is pending due to change in address. I emailed my attorney as well to give me some legal advice.

Anyother friends in the same boat/same experience please share your outcomes.

• 2 years later...

I have a question. My H1B amendment was filed in regular mode in Aug 2015 and the status is pending. Later in Dec 2015, my H1B extension was filed again under premium processing for the same client and location (for which h1b amendment was filed) and this is approved. This is effective 1st May 2016. Now I have to travel to India in March 2016 and get the VISA re-stamping done. Are these any travel restrictions? Will there be any issues due to pending h1b amendment however approved h1b for the same client and location?

• 5 months later...

I have a question. My H1B amendment was filed in regular mode in Aug 2015 and the status is pending. Later in Dec 2015, my H1B extension was filed again under premium processing for the same client and location (for which h1b amendment was filed) and this is approved. This is effective 1st May 2016. Now I have to travel to India in March 2016 and get the VISA re-stamping done. Are these any travel restrictions? Will there be any issues due to pending h1b amendment however approved h1b for the same client and location?

I am also in the similar situation. Did you travel to India and get the stamping and travel back to US without any issues?

I really appreciate your help in sharing your experience.

Thanks

• 2 years later...
On 1/28/2016 at 11:15 PM, kapilrathi said:

I am having the same scinario..... applied my amendement due to change client in 2017 nov and now my ext is due Sep 29th 2019... so went in Premium got RFE in 5 days waiting on RFE details.

Amendment applied at Calif and Ext applied to Nebraska..... don't know what to do... 

just tensed did i and my company lawyer did correctly or not?? any one in same situation let me know...