How different is driving in Canada as compared to US.

RajS7372

Hi Guys,

I am planning to go for H1B Stamping and am planning to drive to Canada. I wanted to know how different is driving in canada as compared to US, difference in terms of regulation or driving rules or anything i should consider while driving in canada. 

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I been to Canada recently and I see no difference in driving (left hand driving like US) conditions but there are few differences like speed measured in KM and gasoline in liters etc., I recommend you go through the Drivers Handbook of the state (province) your visiting before you plan your trip. 

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to go for H1B Stamping and am planning to drive to Canada. I wanted to know how different is driving in canada as compared to US, difference in terms of regulation or driving rules or anything i should consider while driving in canada. 

Thanks.

no need to worry much about the driving its same as US Driving. And more over the traffic is less in Canada.

Carry GPS with you then you are good.

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Hi Raj,

it is almost same BUT... PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE HIGHWAY 407 AS IT IS TOLL ROAD AND IT HAS VERY VERY HIGH RATES.

like 29 Cents per kilometer.

as soon as you enter in Canada, please Turn ON / ENABLE "AVOID TOLL ROADS". wherever you go please take 401 or 403 or QEW and you should be fine.

I just traveled canada this week I entered from Niagra falls and I took QEW and 401 and then highway 7. Please keep your GPS maps updated as well.

Also, At US Embassy, there is parking one street down. see the map below.

|   |   |-------------------------------------------

Parking is available in left corner--------- Stop Sign------------------------

(you will see the parking sing)

|      |------------------------------------------

|   |   |

|   ^   |

|   |   |

|   ^   |(take right from Signal here)

|   |   |-------------------------------------------

|   |---------<-----------two way road with divider------< Parking will be available ($8 for whole day)--------------------

|      |------------------------------------------

|      |               US Embessy here

|      |            

Best of luck...!!

Archived